ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Davis to the Lakers!

Scotty00

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2008
Should be a fun team to watch next year but I hope Boston beats the sh*t outta them!!!

Very interested in seeing the dates on those other first round picks going back to New Orleans. If they are 2/3 years down the line it could be real interesting if LeBron leaves/retires after 2021.

Now the Lakers have to trade/sign someone like Kemba or it could set up for D’Angelo to come back if Kyrie heads to Brooklyn as expected

Last edited:
Wouldn’t go that far. They managed to keep Kuzma and are virtually guaranteed to be good for several years.
Nothing is a guarantee. Especially when you are relying on Lebron in his descending years and one KD injury to AD away from selling your immediate future away for nothing. Then throw in Lebron's bitchy attitude and cancer to chemistry, dumb.

Wouldn’t go that far. They managed to keep Kuzma and are virtually guaranteed to be good for several years.
Pretty much this. If kuzma got traded it would’ve been really stupid on Lakers part. Is Rondo going to be starting point or are there more adjustments to the roster?

Nothing is a guarantee. Especially when you are relying on Lebron in his descending years and one KD injury to AD away from selling your immediate future away for nothing. Then throw in Lebron's bitchy attitude and cancer to chemistry, dumb.
I’d be concerned about AD’s health more than anything. Dude has never played a full 82 games. He is a force to be reckoned with when heathy though. LeBron and AD would be quite the duo.

Reactions: KisteK
How? James will be 35 this year. Davis is injury prone. Not to mention, his agent has said Davis will hit FA in 2020. Traded away all their young talent, and 3, First round picks. That is far from a guarantee.

Everybody has their opinion and is free to say whatever but the truth is nobody knows how this will play out. It could end up being one of the best deals the Lakers has ever made or it could go the other way. Just have to wait and see!

Reactions: dtgold88
3 players and 3 1st round picks? Absurd.

Dumbest trade in sports history.

* on the Lakers' end

I wouldn't go that far. You can trade your whole team for one top 5 NBA player (top 10, worse case sceario), and I'd side with the team that gets a top 10 player. You get two super elite players on your team + you retain Kuzma. And they had what, 72 mill in cap space before this trade ever went down? They'll easily attract talent to fill-out a well-rounded roster. Can't win a title without multiple ultra-talented players.

Celtics gave up 5 players and 2 first round picks to obtain the services for Garnett. Think it worked out okay for them. Minnesota, on the other hand, has been to the playoffs just once in the last 12 years since KG left.

Reactions: KisteK and dtgold88
How? James will be 35 this year. Davis is injury prone. Not to mention, his agent has said Davis will hit FA in 2020. Traded away all their young talent, and 3, First round picks. That is far from a guarantee.

Lebron may be 35 but he sure doesn't play like it

Reactions: KisteK and UL_1986
Lebron may be 35 but he sure doesn't play like it
Very true. BUT....he doesn't play like a 28 year-old either. And he won't. He's also coming off an injury that cost him,what---20 somethng games? Who knows how he recovers from that? But my point is, he's 35......Davis is what, 25/26? Even if Davis were to sign a long term deal, he won't be playing with a LBJ in his prime. By the time Davis is going into his 4th year, James will be pushing 40. No matter how well you take of your body, father time is eventually going to restrict your abilities.

They desperately need another superstar or two. As it stands they are a playoff team at best

sounds like a pretty fair trade to both sides...with the upheaval of the Warriors every team that is close has to be in win now mode...Lakers can't waste having LeBron and the rest of that core was not getting it done. If they can add D Russell they probably have the best core 3 players in the league...how they fill in with 3 & d guys will be interesting. They are going to be shallow as heck.

NO got a great haul given the position they were in...that could be a fun team to watch in the next few years...they certainly will have some pieces to play with

Pretty much this. If kuzma got traded it would’ve been really stupid on Lakers part. Is Rondo going to be starting point or are there more adjustments to the roster?
Had to be more additions.Think they only have 7 to 8 players on roster now.Also think they have a ton of cap space

As a Lonzo Stan I'm very excited about this. Now I don't have to stay up till midnight to see his games. Lonzo throwing lobs to Zion. Lonzo no longer having to stand in the corner watching Lebron. Very excited.

ADVERTISEMENT