Shaquille O'Neal

Reserves:
John Stockon
Kobe Bryant
Larry Bird
David Robinson
Tim Duncan

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Assuming we are playing by today's rules I would start this 5....

Starters
Magic
Curry
Durant
Dirk
Hakeem

Bench
Lebron
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Kareem

Reactions: MGC_07
Uh... Spacegrass, nothing personal, but I think you have to turn in your UNC fan card. Curry over JORDAN? Jordan would DEVOUR him.
Again are we playing today's rules where you can't mug guys and 3 point shooting is a premium?

Assuming we are playing by today's rules I would start this 5....

Starters
Magic
Curry
Durant
Dirk
Hakeem

Bench
Lebron
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Kareem
You lost me at Curry, and Bron on the bench. Come on man.

Again are we playing today's rules where you can't mug guys and 3 point shooting is a premium?
MJ was apparently the man cause he got mugged going to the hole in his day, so wouldn’t he get to the hole even easier today? The way old school fans talk they roll out the red carpet for guys on their way to the rack in 2018. Jordan could get layup after dunk after layup. No need for 3s. Funny how we use the same argument to prove different points.

Reactions: keith37
Yes, but still... Jordan would MURDER a guy to beat him. I just cannot imagine taking Curry over him.
Trying to stretch the floor. Hence why Curry , Durant , Dirk. The bench can physically pummel teams when need be. Those 10 essentially allow me to play anyway I would want and they would all play about 24 MPG.

MJ was apparently the man cause he got mugged going to the hole in his day, so wouldn’t he get to the hole even easier today? The way old school fans talk they roll out the red carpet for guys on their way to the rack in 2018. Jordan could get layup after dunk after layup. No need for 3s. Funny how we use the same argument to prove different points.
Jordan early on when he wasn't the clear cut top dog got mugged. Jordan got plenty of calls once he established himself as the clear cut top guy in the league.

Reactions: 829305
Trying to stretch the floor. Hence why Curry , Durant , Dirk. The bench can physically pummel teams when need be. Those 10 essentially allow me to play anyway I would want and they would all play about 24 MPG.

Nah, I get what you mean. Just... I don't know, Curry over Jordan?:)

Nah, I get what you mean. Just... I don't know, Curry over Jordan?:)
One on one no way in hell. But we aren't playing 1 v 1. I can also slide Curry to PG and Jordan to SG with Durant and Dirk and get a similar effect. I just really like the idea of running and gunning with Magic setting up those shooters.

Just gonna go since I've been watching

Magic
MJ
Lebron
Davis(homer pick)
Shaq

Reserves: Stockton, Kobe, McGrady, Garnett, Duncan,

I know he was in a way different era, also know I'm a KU homer but Wilt was a freak athlete with unreal skill. Seems he is getting forgotten a bit in time. Thought he'd get more run on this thread, guess my crimson and blue glasses are thick lol

This is not my Top 10 NBA players, it's the team I'd roll with in a 7 game playoff though
PG Gary Payton
SG Michael Jordan
SF Lebron James
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Bill Russell

6th Shaq
7th Magic
8th Bird
9th Stockton
10th Wilt

Honorary College Player: Christian Laettner

Obviously I might get some crap for throwing the Glove in the starting lineup but I wanted to add someone on the team that doesn't get mentioned as much as the others. Went with Russell instead of Shaq in the starting lineup because by some Miracle they got by GP/Jordan I'd have a true glass cleaner sitting back there.

Starting 5

Magic
Jordan
LeBron
Duncan
Kareem

Bench

Curry
Kobe
Bird
Malone
Shaq
Exact same starting 5. I'm surprised it took as long for it to be mentioned. The first 3 are almost locks and it's a coin-flip between two guys a PF and C.

Bench: O, Kobe, Bird, Dirk, Wilt

Reactions: MGC_07
Yikes.

‘93 Bulls: Pippen with MJ 57-25
‘94 Bulls: No MJ 55-27

Pippen was a beast.
Is it possible for a guy to be both overrated and underrated? He's a legit candidate for top 10 for defense, but people say, "MJ, tho..." And he was hardly ever the first option, but "Robin was no slouch, tho..."

Assuming an actual team (2 guards, 2 forwards and a center), I'll go with the following. And I'm one who only picks guys I've seen play for these teams....

G - Magic
G - MJ
F - Lebron
F - Davis - early but he is this good.
C - Hakeem

Top 3 no-brainers for me. Davis or Hakeem could be switched with Duncan, Malone, Bird, Shaq or Kareem without much argument from me.

If I wanted an actual team that would play together, I'd switch out Magic for Curry to spread the floor. Maybe Davis for Bird, as well.

edit - forgot all star team, so I guess just add Curry, Duncan, Malone, Bird, Durant, Malone and Kobe

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT