ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Final Four Team

P.G.S.

Dec 23, 2006
Alabama had the potential to only lose 1 player due to eligibility and return everyone else.

Of course, with the signing class this would not be possible.

Anyeays, now it looks like they may not return any of those players.

Sears declared for the draft but left open the possibility to return.

Just about everyone else has entered the portal now even walkons.

Alabama had the potential to only lose 1 player due to eligibility and return everyone else.

True

Reactions: P.G.S.

Makes no sense---but yet it does: $$$$. People cried and cried---"Players need paid..."---People cried and cried---"If a coach can leave with no limitations, so should players....."

Wish granted.

Makes no sense---but yet it does: $$$$. People cried and cried---"Players need paid..."---People cried and cried---"If a coach can leave with no limitations, so should players....."

Wish granted.
This. Free education, room/board, meals, etc. are more than enough. Greedy f uckers.

F UCK Ed O’Bannon!

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul

Wish granted.
I have no problem with NIL...my issue is with the portal.

Just my opinion, but either go back to a transfer has to sit out for a year (can still collect NIL) or a player is only allowed to transfer one time in his collegiate career.

In my opinion, the portal has ruined college athletics exponentially more then NIL.

Well, Oats has proven that he can do roster changes, so that should give you solace.

Just my opinion, but either go back to a transfer has to sit out for a year (can still collect NIL) or a player is only allowed to transfer one time in his collegiate career.

In my opinion, the portal has ruined college athletics exponentially more then NIL.
yep, its the combo of NIL and no sit transfer rule that is ruining CBB. As a result we now have the biggest free agency market of any sport in the world including European soccer.

yep, its the combo of NIL and no sit transfer rule that is ruining CBB. As a result we now have the biggest free agency market of any sport in the world including European soccer.
How does it ruin CBB exactly? It only makes things different and it affords opportunities that previously didn't exist.

Reactions: KisteK and Deepelm

Wish granted.
Uh, yeah.. That's what it's been about since (NCAA's, anyway) jump.

Who all this riles, humors me to no end tho.

Who's not having fun now that the NCAA has to treat money-making adults like money-making adults..

Top players, most who have already made other adults (high schools and AAU clubs' coaches/execs) lotsa dollars and are about to make their college of choice, and those accompanying adults, even more dollars..

*Clutching pearls*
*Indiscriminate gasps*

fReE eDuCaTiOn they'll cry
.. as my three sons listen to
Jonathan Isaac, Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving sound bites. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Deepelm

What about Grant Nelson?

Reactions: winnrebs
How does it ruin CBB exactly? It only makes things different and it affords opportunities that previously didn't exist.

- it lessens the quality of competition because you no longer have teams that grow together for a number of years

-it hurts the bad major conference teams because any time they develop a player that player leaves for greener pastures

-hurts mid majors who lose all their great players to greener pastures and have to replace them with transfers coming the other way, i.e. kids who couldn't hack it at a bigger school

I'm sure there are several other reasons as well, but don't have time to think hard about it.

Uh, yeah.. That's what it's been about since (NCAA's, anyway) jump.

Who all this riles, humors me to no end tho.

Who's not having fun now that the NCAA has to treat money-making adults like money-making adults..

Top players, most who have already made other adults (high schools and AAU clubs' coaches/execs) lotsa dollars and are about to make their college of choice, and those accompanying adults, even more dollars..

*Clutching pearls*
*Indiscriminate gasps*

fReE eDuCaTiOn they'll cry
.. as my three sons listen to
Jonathan Isaac, Aaron Rodgers and Kyrie Irving sound bites. 🙄
So now they are adults? I cant keep up.

NIL and portal are disaters that will eventually ruin the game; already starting to.

Thank you for the free education, room and board, the food, cflothing,free travel, access to free medical treatment, doctors, state of the art training facilities, best of the best training staffs, a stage to showcase my talents, i.e. job interviews---

Oh, and I also want paid.

Pfffft..

• Love
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield

Alabama is tied for the #1 rating of any class in America right now at 4.67. That’s without including transfers. TOS has us #3 overall when transfers are included. I think we’ll be fine.

Last edited:

If we would just call them what they are—employees—then schools could sign them to a multi year contract where they only receive NIL money/bonuses if they stay 2+ years.

If we would just call them what they are—employees—then schools could sign them to a multi year contract where they only receive NIL money/bonuses if they stay 2+ years.
Love that angle. Maybe give them a sign on bonus, monthly salary and the huge payoff is at the end.

That would solve a great deal with the new issues we're seeing.

Love that angle. Maybe give them a sign on bonus, monthly salary and the huge payoff is at the end.

That would solve a great deal with the new issues we're seeing.

Exactly. When my wife took her current job at the hospital they gave her a $50k signing bonus. But if she didn’t stay 4 years, should would have to pay back a prorated amount of the signing bonus.

Then there are also wage increases after each year and a retention bonus after a couple years. Could she still leave? Sure. But it definitely makes you think about it more.

They’re now in a club that Tennessee is incapable of joining.
Shouldn't you just shut up and just say thanks for UT beating the hell out of the team that beat the hell out of SCAR in the NCAA? You guys pretty much suck every major sport. Now you bragging about a sport you have never reached the finals in.

Shouldn't you just shut up and just say thanks for UT beating the hell out of the team that beat the hell out of SCAR in the NCAA? You guys pretty much suck every major sport. Now you bragging about a sport you have never reached the finals in.
Make a Final Four.

It's bad form to brag, but it's worse form to brag about getting your ass kicked.
For winning an NCAA regional, dumbass?! You know they hand you a big ole trophy for that & the team is celebrated across the sport.

For winning an NCAA regional, dumbass?! You know they hand you a big ole trophy for that & the team is celebrated across the sport.
The term regional is made up. You are bragging about getting your ass kicked in a tournament you got beat in. That is definition of loser. Though, we went way further than SCAR in the tourney, I don't brag about it cause we still lost the tourney. Only a loser brags about losing.

ADVERTISEMENT