ADVERTISEMENT

After last night’s game, name your top 5.

Duke looks top 10, but I don’t see them in the top 5 imo. Not a slight, just don’t think they have much offensive fire power.

Oh yeah, the offense is still a work in progress and will be all season since K will play more players than he usually does. Gonna see a lot of inconsistencies on that end of the court until roles are clearly defined. Luckily, our defense masks our offense!

Speaking of defense, I saw this stat and was very pleased:

Duke’s 82.9 adjusted defensive efficiency is the lowest of the Kenpom era. The 2002 team ended with an 86.8 DE.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Oh yeah, the offense is still a work in progress and will be all season since K will play more players than he usually does. Gonna see a lot of inconsistencies on that end of the court until roles are clearly defined. Luckily, our defense masks our offense!

Speaking of defense, I saw this stat and was very pleased:

Duke’s 82.9 adjusted defensive efficiency is the lowest of the Kenpom era. The 2002 team ended with an 86.8 DE.
No doubt, your all’s defense is really really good. Especially at this stage of the season. Any team that forces 28 turnovers on a top 5 team is legit.

Reactions: Quavarius
This may be the weakest season I’ve seen. Duke is good, just not sure how we will be if Vernon is in foul trouble. I don’t see the love for Carolina either. This may be one of Roy’s worst teams.

he’s nice for sure. He’s also 14/41 the last two games. Dude likes to shoot

Yea Anthony is a total beast, and maybe no one player can stop him i don’t really know, but every player has a bad game every once in a while. IF and a big IF, Anthony is off, I’m not sure unc has enough to beat good teams without Anthony going off.

But keep in mind I was one of the ones catching flack for saying Anthony was the best pg in the nation before the season started, when others were like how can u pick a kid who hasn’t played a game yet over Cassius Winston, an all American last year. Easy, if Winston was as good as Anthony he’d already be in the league. Don’t get me wrong Winston is a helluva player too, but Anthony is a ridiculous.

Reactions: jhmossy
Losing to them now will be forgotten come March. Playing mid majors who have 100 starts under their belt while being predicted to win their league will do nothing but make those freshman better. It’s a long season and
y’all have stars all over at every spot.

Definitely better to have a letdown now after a huge OOC win y’all had a few days earlier.

Just for the record Evansville only returned two starters from last year and were projected 8th in their conference preseason. They could very well go on to win the mvc and have a nice Cinderella ncaa run but to say they are/were projected to win their league is just wrong. Also not sure on the started hundreds of games if they only returned 2 starters from last years team but I’m too lazy to verify.

I do agree with ur overall premise that losing to Evansville will make UK better in the long run than beating them by 20 would, but its also a lot more fun for the non UK fans, than obv if uk woulda have pulled out the W

Reactions: Quavarius
Easy, if Winston was as good as Anthony he’d already be in the league. Don’t get me wrong Winston is a helluva player too, but Anthony is a ridiculous.

Disagree that solely because Cash isn't in the NBA, he is inferior to Anthony. Winston has an uphill battle as an NBA player, because he's only 6' tall and not all that athletic. Cole could shut it down for the season right now, and he'd still be drafted higher just based on his measurables and play against a few scrubs.

Not saying Anthony isn't a great player by any means. He might win NPOY if he can keep it up, especially against better competition.

Disagree that solely because Cash isn't in the NBA, he is inferior to Anthony. Winston has an uphill battle as an NBA player, because he's only 6' tall and not all that athletic. Cole could shut it down for the season right now, and he'd still be drafted higher just based on his measurables and play against a few scrubs.

Not saying Anthony isn't a great player by any means. He might win NPOY if he can keep it up, especially against better competition.

Very true. I guess a lot depends on what ur team needs from their point guard. If you have scorers elsewhere and need a high iq guy who values the ball and makes others better, cash is probably the best guy to do it in the nation.

If you need your pg to score 20 plus, and take/make a lot of shots, Anthony is probably the best guy to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT