ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament Thread

Is the league really that bad this year? I know it’s pretty down compared to itself over the last few years. But the ACC is often the best league. So being down compared to itself doesn’t necessarily mean it’s terrible.

Seems like there is the Big 10 and Big East, and then most other power leagues are kind of the same. ACC is probably no different from the Pac, SEC, or Big 12.

Reactions: jhmossy
Is the league really that bad this year? I know it’s pretty down compared to itself over the last few years. But the ACC is often the best league. So being down compared to itself doesn’t necessarily mean it’s terrible.

Seems like there is the Big 10 and Big East, and then most other power leagues are kind of the same. ACC is probably no different from the Pac, SEC, or Big 12.
It’s solid at the top, terrible at the bottom (and middle). Whether one uses the league’s typical product or other conferences as a benchmark is open to personal preference.

Personally, when the league is on pace for four bids (I guess five is possible) - I consider that pretty bad given the history of the league.

I dont think the league is as bad as people make it out to be. At the beginning of the year, yeah but I think that has more to do with losing most of the top players in that conference from last year and having to replace them. Virginia is a perfect example. Had a rough start to the year and beginning of conference play. Got it together with their new group and is now the #2 seed in the ACC. However, over time these teams have gotten better and I think the conference is underrated at this point. It also doesnt help when you start off conference play on the first day because then you guarantee half your teams start the season with a loss, when most other teams are playing warmup games. Plus the 2 extra acc games means there are two less oppurtunities to beat up on teams outside of your conference (help the conference) and two more oppurtunities to lose to a team within your conference (hurt yourself or hurt a fellow conference team).

I think if a team like NC State gets in the tournament or a team like Syracuse, ND, North Carolina can sneak in with a tournament win and get the bid that they will overachieve expectations.

I think Duke wins the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT