ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament finally about to get started

UNC71-00

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
Carolina at 7, Duke at 9:30

Compelling story lines:
  • Will Zion be wearing the same Nike shoe style or will he switch to Adidas and dare K to stop him?
  • How many arm bars will Kenny Williams take which results in him being falsely accused of flopping?
  • O/U of the number of replays of the shoe blowout play from now until the end of the tournament: 5.5
  • How many times will Carolina fans say Roy doesn't care about winning the ACCT?
  • Will UVA be allowed to grab on every defensive play or will the refs do them a favor for NCAA tourney prep and call it?

Reactions: heelgirl10
Finally, a fan of an ACC team that understands that ACC refs are biased against UVA.

Charlotte is a madhouse right now and if the favorites win tonight it's going to be going to be down right crazy. Next year the tournament will be here in Greensboro and I plan on being there.

Neither of those screens were even remotely close to fouls.

Ballgame. Coach has to quit the hedging. Obviously not working. McMahon needs to shoot the 3 or sit on the bench. Spin move was so stupid

He had an open one and drove. I was glad he didn’t shoot it, lol

Charlotte is a madhouse right now and if the favorites win tonight it's going to be going to be down right crazy. Next year the tournament will be here in Greensboro and I plan on being there.
I went to Charlotte when they both played there in, IDK, ‘05? ‘06? It was pretty wild. Both teams’ fans rooting hard against the other. Good times.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I’d say the boys are starting to click tonight. Of course, it’s March, and it’s Roy. No surprise.

They have called four offensive fouls on us and two on them I think. That is 6 out of the 14 and I'm not sure any of them were good calls.

Last edited:
Nwora just allowed this deficit to go from 4 to 10 by himself. If that's what it takes to go pro, then Nwora should be a lottery pick!

Seth Davis‏Verified account@SethDavisHoops
Seth Davis Retweeted Doug Gottlieb

Dude that's a lame excuse. They have the WORST NCSOS in the entire country!! I mean can't they can't get into the top 300? Plus they didn't beat anyone in their conference. There is no case here.

Seth Davis added,

Doug GottliebVerified account@GottliebShow
When you are NC State and you have Duke/UNC/Cuse/FSU/UVA all you need is an exempt event, ACC/Big10 challenge game & 2/3 other home/homes. @SethDavisHoops u realize NC State is probably the 8th pick for exempt tournies from ACC?
7:22 AM - 14 Mar 2019

Seth Davis‏Verified account@SethDavisHoops
Seth Davis Retweeted Doug Gottlieb

Dude that's a lame excuse. They have the WORST NCSOS in the entire country!! I mean can't they can't get into the top 300? Plus they didn't beat anyone in their conference. There is no case here.

Seth Davis added,

Doug GottliebVerified account@GottliebShow
When you are NC State and you have Duke/UNC/Cuse/FSU/UVA all you need is an exempt event, ACC/Big10 challenge game & 2/3 other home/homes. @SethDavisHoops u realize NC State is probably the 8th pick for exempt tournies from ACC?
7:22 AM - 14 Mar 2019

I have no idea what this means but it looks like someone is goofin on State so I approve

Nwora just allowed this deficit to go from 4 to 10 by himself. If that's what it takes to go pro, then Nwora should be a lottery pick!

Yeah- someone has been trying to get through to him to be a team guy and he wants to but he doesn’t know how. Thanks AAU

Carolina at 7, Duke at 9:30

Compelling story lines:
  • Will Zion be wearing the same Nike shoe style or will he switch to Adidas and dare K to stop him?
  • How many arm bars will Kenny Williams take which results in him being falsely accused of flopping?
  • O/U of the number of replays of the shoe blowout play from now until the end of the tournament: 5.5
  • How many times will Carolina fans say Roy doesn't care about winning the ACCT?
  • Will UVA be allowed to grab on every defensive play or will the refs do them a favor for NCAA tourney prep and call it?
Zion will be wearing Kyrie Irving’s KI5’s tonight

I heard Zion was wearing Kyrie Irving shoes.....

UofL guys just have bad basketball IQ's. taking tons of bad 3's... then don't get back on defense. Williams has the athleticism to be a monster inside, he just wants to be a guard lol. Is it coaching or just poor decision making? I like Mack, but's probably a little of both. Too soft inside on offense. Drive the damn ball.... This team just doesn't need to rely on the 3 as heavily as they do.

I heard Zion was wearing Kyrie Irving shoes.....

UofL guys just have bad basketball IQ's. taking tons of bad 3's... then don't get back on defense. Williams has the athleticism to be a monster inside, he just wants to be a guard lol. Is it coaching or just poor decision making? I like Mack, but's probably a little of both. Too soft inside on offense. Drive the damn ball.... This team just doesn't need to rely on the 3 as heavily as they do.

Louisville is made up of a bunch of skill players who aren’t yet quite playing for each other but they are trying to get there.

He makes some tough shots. There was a run there where both teams took some awful shots. We got sort of lucky that one rebound went right to Cam.

Sucky call on Enoch. He didn't go over the back at all

Well, I feel like the constant hammering on the drives kind of evens it out. Agree that was a poor call though. So was that charge on Nwora.

Just hate that type of call. The contact had no bearing on the play.

Edit: Talking about the charge on Nwora on the little floater.

Reactions: Quavarius
There have been numerous terrible calls all day long in Charlotte. It’s really sad.

ADVERTISEMENT