ADVERTISEMENT

ACC to open with Games on 11/5 and 11/6 of 19-20 season.

I agree this is stupid. What happens if they decide to have the Champions Classic on the first day of the season again next year? It could create a scheduling issue.

Didn’t the B1G do something like this last season?

Not in November, but they did start the regular season in December so they could finish early and have their postseason tourney at the arena in the heart of Big 10 country, Madison Square Garden.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Meh. Not the worst idea. Sort of like CFB in that you have more early games that matter. I guess you could also have some later season out of conference matchups, no?

Not in November, but they did start the regular season in December so they could finish early and have their postseason tourney at the arena in the heart of Big 10 country, Madison Square Garden.
Laughing

Duke is the only team effected by the Champions Classic, so not really a big scheduling issue. Probably keep the Classic on Tuesday and follow that up with an ACC game on Saturday. The reality is, having 20 conference games is going to force a game or two in the month of November or December.

Duke is the only team effected by the Champions Classic, so not really a big scheduling issue. Probably keep the Classic on Tuesday and follow that up with an ACC game on Saturday. The reality is, having 20 conference games is going to force a game or two in the month of November or December.
I don't like this at all but if my team could get an away game at Clemson/Florida State/Miami right in the middle of college football season I wouldn't mind so much. I feel like those crowds might be a little dead compared to what they'd be like in February.

I don't like this at all but if my team could get an away game at Clemson/Florida State/Miami right in the middle of college football season I wouldn't mind so much. I feel like those crowds might be a little dead compared to what they'd be like in February.
Great point.

Id like to play every team in the conference twice as opposed to filling up the schedule with OOC opponents. Is that an option?

Opposite effect. Much of our fan base lives outside Tallahassee metro area (Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta). If there is an ACC game the same weekend/Friday of a football game, they would all love the chance to go to both games.

ADVERTISEMENT