ADVERTISEMENT

5 Scorching Hot Takes from Peach Jam

A year ago this board was infested with Spartan slappies who though MSU was not only landing Emoni Bates but also about to be national title contenders.

I ****ing love where we are now. Only one Spartan regular posts here still. Bunch of fair weather fans. I figured we’d lose a bunch of the potatoes when Izzo retires soon but I didn’t realize they’d give up on the program already.

Enjoy, bc i would as well.......but i kinda feel for bates, its not exactly his fault that adults were labeling him the next lebron/Durant bc he was better than everyone his age when he was 14-15.
Pretty amazing how guys can go from unranked to 5 star, guess thats covid for ya.

Reactions: Montana81
A year ago this board was infested with Spartan slappies who though MSU was not only landing Emoni Bates but also about to be national title contenders.

I ****ing love where we are now. Only one Spartan regular posts here still. Bunch of fair weather fans. I figured we’d lose a bunch of the potatoes when Izzo retires soon but I didn’t realize they’d give up on the program already.
Good times.

Enjoy, bc i would as well.......but i kinda feel for bates, its not exactly his fault that adults were labeling him the next lebron/Durant bc he was better than everyone his age when he was 14-15.
Pretty amazing how guys can go from unranked to 5 star, guess thats covid for ya.
Yeah the rankings for this class seem more off than ever

The Michigan poster fanbase here basically tripled as last year compared to Juwan’s first year. Bunch of fair weather fans.

Really man? There were a ton of UM posters in this thread this past season compared to Juwan’s first year, I think anyone from the Big Ten Thread can attest to this.

Like who? Gumbo has been here longer than me. RichardMassive send GoWolverines8 have been pimping Howard here since he was hired. The only new one that really posts is GOO_HAM from the main board.

Meanwhile:
MileHighSpatan last post was in 2020.
northeastspartan last post here in March.
SpartanJD last post here in April.
SpartyRBS last post was in 2020.

Giving up on Izzo and the program.

Disagree. You were the only one posting a lot and there were a couple more that posted occasionally. Now, there are several.

It's fine. It happens with every fan base. That's why talking shit about it is stupid trolling.

Gumbo and gowolverines8 have always posted here.

I like the Auburn fans that polish Pearl's ba$$s too.

The S. Carolina guys are also fun. They need to come back.

I'll even put some controversy out there and say get Sheriff for TX back from whatever vacation he's been on, he's a blast.

If you talk some solid shit, I don't care if your team backs it up or not. Make me laugh I am here for the fun.

And for the love of GOD where is the UCLA fan, you guys are good now!

I'll even put some controversy out there and say get Sheriff for TX back from whatever vacation he's been on, he's a blast.

If you talk some solid shit, I don't care if your team backs it up or not. Make me laugh I am here for the fun.

If you start shit, eat shit and give shit, you're ok in my book.

It's that simple.

Nobody in CA follows college athletics, unless one of the local teams starts making some noise. Too many pro teams.

@MGC_07 Whats going on with Michigan States recruiting in 2022?

Seems like the list of kids you are in on aren’t as high as usual.

I know you guys are probably going to get Holloman. But outside of him, and potentially leading on Schutt (for now with Duke coming in late) there isn’t a ton of big targets like usual.

Reed going to Michigan. Traudt to UNC or Virginia. Wright named a top 5 without MSU and Bates has all but eliminated them officially.

Genuinely curious, as this seems like a make a break class to keep MSU near the top of the B1G barring huge additions in the portal.

@MGC_07 Whats going on with Michigan States recruiting in 2022?

Seems like the list of kids you are in on aren’t as high as usual.

I know you guys are probably going to get Holloman. But outside of him, and potentially leading on Schutt (for now with Duke coming in late) there isn’t a ton of big targets like usual.

Reed going to Michigan. Traudt to UNC or Virginia. Wright named a top 5 without MSU and Bates has all but eliminated them officially.

Genuinely curious, as this seems like a make a break class to keep MSU near the top of the B1G barring huge additions in the portal.
To be honest I’m not 100% sure. Our range of kids we’re offering is smaller than normal. I think that’s partially because of the new transfer rules, I think we’re going to bring in transfers as well which can end up being better than some 4 star recruit. But yeah, the lack of recruiting of essentially any 5 stars is odd, and I don’t have an answer as to why.

I’m not saying we’ll land Traudt but we do feel alright about him, we’ve heard good things about us being in that recruitment.

We also just offered Braden Huff and are in on Ty Rodgers. Outside of that and the guys you mentioned, we’re in on no one else.

To be honest I’m not 100% sure. Our range of kids we’re offering is smaller than normal. I think that’s partially because of the new transfer rules, I think we’re going to bring in transfers as well which can end up being better than some 4 star recruit. But yeah, the lack of recruiting of essentially any 5 stars is odd, and I don’t have an answer as to why.

I’m not saying we’ll land Traudt but we do feel alright about him, we’ve heard good things about us being in that recruitment.

We also just offered Braden Huff and are in on Ty Rodgers. Outside of that and the guys you mentioned, we’re in on no one else.
I’m curious if it’s just a one-class type deal or if Izzo is going to change his approach on recruiting.

The Emoni Bates and Enoch Boakye decommitments mid-year certainly changed his outlook in terms of just the 2022 class.

I completely forgot about Rodgers, for some reason a lot of people thought he was a Michigan lock for a while. And that’s good to hear on Traudt, as I like Midwestern kids staying in the area rather than going to bluebloods. Even if we have to matchup with them.

With regards to wolves kids it’ll be interesting to see how they react to getting looked at by UNC and Duke for Schutt and Gonzaga for Huff. Both are really good, though I’d lean more towards Huff just because he’s more realistic for our class.

Reactions: MGC_07
Super smooth stroke and can finish at all 3 levels. Me likey.
Will be top 5 in 2022. No doubt.

Kentucky is gonna have a huge class.

Skyy Clark 5-star
Shaedon Sharpe 5-star
Cason Wallace 5-star
Reed Sheppard 4-star
Brandon Miller 5-star

Not sure who your post recruits are outside of Duren and Lively.

Skyy Clark 5-star
Shaedon Sharpe 5-star
Cason Wallace 5-star
Reed Sheppard 4-star
Brandon Miller 5-star

Not trying to post smack, but Antigua is already creating a great vibe/shift back in our favor. Our recruiting is noticeably more aggressive.

Curious to see the results and compare to not having him on staff and with him on staff.

Skyy Clark 5-star
Shaedon Sharpe 5-star
Cason Wallace 5-star
Reed Sheppard 4-star
Brandon Miller 5-star

If Duren goes to college it sounds like it will be Memphis or Miami this year. Lively seems to like UK. They are also recruiting Bona but haven't offered yet. They offered Filipowski the other day for some reason, everyone seems to think he's a Duke lock. They should (key word) also return some bigs from this years squad (maybe Ware and/or Collins) or raid the transfer market. Sheppard will only be a junior this season, class of 2023.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Not trying to post smack, but Antigua is already creating a great vibe/shift back in our favor. Our recruiting is noticeably more aggressive.

Curious to see the results and compare to not having him on staff and with him on staff.
Antiqua is that dude!

Which prospects for 2022 is he the lead on?

If Duren goes to college it sounds like it will be Memphis or Miami this year. Lively seems to like UK. They are also recruiting Bona but haven't offered yet. They offered Filipowski the other day for some reason, everyone seems to think he's a Duke lock. They should (key word) also return some bigs from this years squad (maybe Ware and/or Collins) or raid the transfer market. Sheppard will only be a junior this season, class of 2023.

Wanted to watch Adem Bona at Peach jam but he must’ve been dealing with injuries.

I heard the same about Filipowski, forget where I saw it. But they said Kyle will be committing to Duke in the next 2 weeks.

Overall Cal seems like he will still try and sign 2 highly rated post players and then mesh em with the returnees.

With Ware and Hopkins being the sure things to come back, it looks like you need an elite rim protector. Which fits Lively II to a tee.

Wanted to watch Adem Bona at Peach jam but he must’ve been dealing with injuries.

I heard the same about Filipowski, forget where I saw it. But they said Kyle will be committing to Duke in the next 2 weeks.

Overall Cal seems like he will still try and sign 2 highly rated post players and then mesh em with the returnees.

With Ware and Hopkins being the sure things to come back, it looks like you need an elite rim protector. Which fits Lively II to a tee.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Collins come back, just based on his weight alone.

Collins is raw. I am actually originally from that area. Born and raised in and around Marshall, TX
Still familiar with NE Texas Basketball living in Houston.
Don’t expect an one and done there. Has a tremendously high ceiling though
His weight alone will keep him around. I agree, he'll stick around and has a tremendous upside.

He never worked with weights prior to UK.

Collins is raw. I am actually originally from that area. Born and raised in and around Marshall, TX
Still familiar with NE Texas Basketball living in Houston.
Don’t expect an one and done there. Has a tremendously high ceiling though
Welcome back btw, not many can self impose a ban.

ae99fe1eb01083bf62a16e9f7f7ba65c.gif

ADVERTISEMENT