ADVERTISEMENT

2021 offseason OT general discussion thread.

Both of my parents rode when I was younger. My brother is on and off. I never really took it up.

Had a sports bike for a few years, but sold it when I got married. I couldn't do the long trips, even on their bikes. My longest ride was probably 2 hours.

Where you headed this summer?
Nothing special. I go camping, a couple of music festivals and some bike clubs events (non outlaw lol) and a lot of day trips. Next year I'm planning on making trip to CA to visit some friends. Lived in Sac for 10 yrs before moving back to WV.

Reactions: sgrooms
I had a hole in one when I was 16. But it was 100% luck, 0% skill. As hole in ones typically are about 75% luck and 25% skill. So much has to go right that is out of your control. It was a short par 3 and I hit the top of the ball. It briefly left the ground before skipping down the fairway and getting stuck in the pin. It was more like a putt from the tee.

I have been on a Ryan Bingham kick lately. It's country, but not the mainstream country garbage

How's everyone's golf games to start the year? My first round was unbelievably bad, but I've actually been scoring quite a bit lower than I was last year, on average. Getting out again tomorrow, looking to keep the momentum going.

Started out the year terribly. I made the mistake of videoing myself over the winter in my basement and make changes there without hitting balls. Disaster ensued once I started playing. I would recommend never videoing yourself unless you let someone else do the evaluating. Yesterday dropped the changes and went back to just doing what I've done in the past with one tweak and played much better. Should be back in the 70s by the end of the month.

I also get the Epic Speed with a couple of shafts and like it but not sure I like it more than the Ping G425 so may end up selling it. As for other sports, up until I was 33 or so I played a lot of basketball, softball, and volleyball. Then it all caught up to me and I was done with it.

Going to the gulf this summer with the kids and then just me and the wife are heading to Chattanooga and Franklin with no kids.

Besides that it is baseball all the time with the boy. He has some potential if he will stop thinking he is love with his gf and get serious about it. Kids can be dumb.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Broke out the Pellet Grill for the first time this weekend and went a little overboard. Was pretty pleased with the results, and look forward to perfecting it over many rounds of practice.

93665961-13-FC-49-EC-9854-29-BC5-D38-B4-DF.jpg

The brisket was pretty tricky, and the flat unfortunately a little dry. Everyone was pleased with it though so I’ll take the W.

7-E0050-AA-8-F11-4-E9-F-88-A8-FF02-ADE3028-F.jpg

Next time I’m going Boston butt.

Broke out the Pellet Grill for the first time this weekend and went a little overboard. Was pretty pleased with the results, and look forward to perfecting it over many rounds of practice.

93665961-13-FC-49-EC-9854-29-BC5-D38-B4-DF.jpg

The brisket was pretty tricky, and the flat unfortunately a little dry. Everyone was pleased with it though so I’ll take the W.

7-E0050-AA-8-F11-4-E9-F-88-A8-FF02-ADE3028-F.jpg

Next time I’m going Boston butt.
Nice work. I did spare ribs for the first time yesterday. Charcoal and wood chips. I have never done a brisket, but do Boston butts fairly often.

20210509-130225.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of it done. But they turned out really good. 4 1/2 hours at 250 +/-. I also love to cook corn on the grill. In the husk of course. Made some jalapeño hushpuppies and baked mac n cheese. Feel useless today.

Started out the year terribly. I made the mistake of videoing myself over the winter in my basement and make changes there without hitting balls. Disaster ensued once I started playing. I would recommend never videoing yourself unless you let someone else do the evaluating. Yesterday dropped the changes and went back to just doing what I've done in the past with one tweak and played much better. Should be back in the 70s by the end of the month.

I also get the Epic Speed with a couple of shafts and like it but not sure I like it more than the Ping G425 so may end up selling it. As for other sports, up until I was 33 or so I played a lot of basketball, softball, and volleyball. Then it all caught up to me and I was done with it.

Going to the gulf this summer with the kids and then just me and the wife are heading to Chattanooga and Franklin with no kids.

Besides that it is baseball all the time with the boy. He has some potential if he will stop thinking he is love with his gf and get serious about it. Kids can be dumb.
If I ever have kids, I would be beyond proud if he became good at baseball. But let me just tell you, I would rather watch pretty much any other sport on a daily basis than baseball 😂

I know you're a big golfer. My handicap is around 20 so our bads are not the same, bud. Haha. I will say my distance off the tee seems to still be increasing. At 28, its probably only a matter of time before I see that decline. I am chipping on a lot of par fours for my second shot if that says anything.

You would be in amazement if we played golf. I would bet anything you've never seen a golfer put the ball in middle of the fairway as many times as I do, only to come up with bogies and doubles. My putting and chipping are beyond atrocious, and i bet they cost me at least 10 strokes a round.

I just bought tickets to see Eric Church for the third time. Saw him in 2012, 2017, and now 2022. All in the Yum! Center in Louisville.

I blacked out last time, probably will take it easier this time around.

I just bought tickets to see Eric Church for the third time. Saw him in 2012, 2017, and now 2022. All in the Yum! Center in Louisville.

I blacked out last time, probably will take it easier this time around.
We are going to aspen over labor day weekend to see church and kings of leon.

If I ever have kids, I would be beyond proud if he became good at baseball. But let me just tell you, I would rather watch pretty much any other sport on a daily basis than baseball 😂

I know you're a big golfer. My handicap is around 20 so our bads are not the same, bud. Haha. I will say my distance off the tee seems to still be increasing. At 28, its probably only a matter of time before I see that decline. I am chipping on a lot of par fours for my second shot if that says anything.

You would be in amazement if we played golf. I would bet anything you've never seen a golfer put the ball in middle of the fairway as many times as I do, only to come up with bogies and doubles. My putting and chipping are beyond atrocious, and i bet they cost me at least 10 strokes a round.

Short game is important for sure. I'm 45 and have without a doubt lost some distance the last few years, lol. I work on my wedges and chipping a lot to make up for it. I've never been a long player though. I bet you are great to have in a scramble if you drive well though. I don't care what people say about driving for show, if you can't get off the tee well you aren't going to score consistently well.

Short game is important for sure. I'm 45 and have without a doubt lost some distance the last few years, lol. I work on my wedges and chipping a lot to make up for it. I've never been a long player though. I bet you are great to have in a scramble if you drive well though. I don't care what people say about driving for show, if you can't get off the tee well you aren't going to score consistently well.
I love playing best ball. My brother is a lot like you, probably not as good, but he played high school golf and is high 70s or low 80s on public courses. We win a lot of two vs two matches in this format.

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday so in another 3 weeks I get the second then should be at maximum protection in June. Wife and I want to travel this summer and getting vaccinated makes that a lot easier.

Just ordered the RT-700 pellet grill so looking forward to a summer full of slow cooked meats. And yes, Eastern NC BBQ all the way!

Last year sucked so I’ll be trying to get a lot more out of this year.
Just got my first dose today. Also, Pfizer. Looking forward to the third eye, as my vision begins to decline.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I love playing best ball. My brother is a lot like you, probably not as good, but he played high school golf and is high 70s or low 80s on public courses. We win a lot of two vs two matches in this format.
Like anything, golf is all about how often you work on it. I played a ton in ‘04-‘07 and nearly cracked 80 a few times. Never play anymore and now I’m lucky to crack 90 when I do. Look forward to getting back into golf as I get older. Boys are 8 and 11, so there isn’t much free time, even with my summers off. Boo hoo, I know.

edit: Meant to reply to a different post. Saying that, I’ve a brother who also kicks my ass at golf.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Anyone try to buy a refrigerator lately?
We can't find anything in stock that meets our needs. I found one that is real cheap at 1100.00 and I found a couple in the 9000.00 range, but nothing that we need. I am going to have to order one and wait until July/August for arrival.
What's up? Is it because our country depends that much on China for appliances or parts? Crazy times we are living in guys. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also, I have some what large feet, 14, 4E. I can't go to any local place and buy my shoes, so I order them from the same people, ordered some last week, out of stock until end of June, first of July. 🤣

Last edited:
Anyone try to buy a refrigerator lately?
We can't find anything in stock that meets our needs. I found one that is real cheap at 1100.00 and I found a couple in the 9000.00 range, but nothing that we need. I am going to have to order one and wait until July/August for arrival.
What's up? Is it because our country depends that much on China for appliances or parts? Crazy times we are living in guys. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also, I have some what large feet, 14, 4E. I can't go to any local place and buy my shoes, so I order them from the same people, ordered some last week, out of stock until end of June, first of July. 🤣

Not sure where you live but the Lowe’s I tend to go to has plenty of fridges in stock. Is there a fridge shortage I’m not aware of?

Reactions: cdbearde
Not sure where you live but the Lowe’s I tend to go to has plenty of fridges in stock. Is there a fridge shortage I’m not aware of?
Lowes is where I ordered one from, but it will be July at the earliest before it's available for shipping. They have all kinds of display models, but none in stock or at the warehouse.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lowes is where I ordered one from, but it will be July at the earliest before it's available for shipping. They have all kinds of display models, but none in stock or at the warehouse.
I got a guy down the road that can hook you up. 🙂

Reactions: cdbearde
I got a guy down the road that can hook you up. 🙂
Already ordered one, I gave up driving around every where, just have to wait now. We have 3 Lowes, one Home Depot and one Menards. All out of anything that would work for us.

We have friends who just had a house built. They have been in their house since the beginning of April and they still haven't gotten their refrigerator. The contractor also had to drive to Georgia to pick up their range and dishwasher so they would have those in time for closing.

Today we went to Gorges state park and did the Rainbow Falls and Turtleback Falls trail. I will say, we are flat landers. I do a ton of walking, but not much uphill/downhill walking. We read where this was a "moderate" hike. Lol. Probably for people who live in the hills. Still, absolutely worth it. We were there a little early for the full rainbow effect. But still awesome.

20210524-102452.jpg

20210524-101550.jpg

Today we went to Gorges state park and did the Rainbow Falls and Turtleback Falls trail. I will say, we are flat landers. I do a ton of walking, but not much uphill/downhill walking. We read where this was a "moderate" hike. Lol. Probably for people who live in the hills. Still, absolutely worth it. We were there a little early for the full rainbow effect. But still awesome.

20210524-102452.jpg

20210524-101550.jpg
Very pretty, wish I was still able to enjoy hikes in areas like that. Enjoy it while can bud. 👍

Reactions: GhostOf301
ADVERTISEMENT