ADVERTISEMENT

2021 offseason OT general discussion thread.

GhostOf301

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2020
Congratulations to Baylor (not sure there are Baylor fans here) now it's time to have non confrontational discussions about anything and everything not politics. What's on the grill, what are your summer plans, any cool vacations, favorite foods/restaurants. How eastern NC BBQ is hands down the best BBQ. What you got?

Pictures from your yard, your hot wife who lives in Europe, meat on the grill.

How's everyone's golf games to start the year? My first round was unbelievably bad, but I've actually been scoring quite a bit lower than I was last year, on average. Getting out again tomorrow, looking to keep the momentum going.

Reactions: sgrooms
Headed to Michigan next week for about 10 days. Hopefully it warms up soon, they got some snow last week.

In June, we'll be going to Big Bear Lake for a week. That'll probably be the highlight of my summer.

I also won/bought a vacation at a charity auction last night. Not sure when we'll use that, but I think it expires 9/30.

How's everyone's golf games to start the year? My first round was unbelievably bad, but I've actually been scoring quite a bit lower than I was last year, on average. Getting out again tomorrow, looking to keep the momentum going.

Our golf season is just ending. Was only able to get there 4 times this year, and it was nothing to brag about. I'd say I'm consistently below average. Never horrible, never good.

Our golf season is just ending. Was only able to get there 4 times this year, and it was nothing to brag about. I'd say I'm consistently below average. Never horrible, never good.
Do you not live in the US? I'm not sure I knew you weren't around here.

Used to golf every weekend I could. One of the things I miss the most. @sgrooms, I bet the ball carries well in July down there.

Reactions: sgrooms
Next month we are going to spend a week in Bryson City. The day before we are going to spend the day at the Asheboro zoo. Hoping for good weather because we are going to be doing a lot of outdoors stuff.

We are doing an airbnb for the first time. Looks pretty awesome. Hard to imagine it not. Even if it's just okay, it's cheaper than a hotel with a lot more space and it has a hot tub.

Got my first Pfizer shot yesterday so in another 3 weeks I get the second then should be at maximum protection in June. Wife and I want to travel this summer and getting vaccinated makes that a lot easier.

Just ordered the RT-700 pellet grill so looking forward to a summer full of slow cooked meats. And yes, Eastern NC BBQ all the way!

Last year sucked so I’ll be trying to get a lot more out of this year.

Dude, your golf season is year round if you live in Arizona! Lucky bastard

Used to golf every weekend I could. One of the things I miss the most. @sgrooms, I bet the ball carries well in July down there.

I've actually never golfed in the summer here. That's the season for getting out of town, going to lakes, camping, etc.

I guess I don't actually golf recreationally, either. It's always for business or charity events, and those usually (always) take place in the winter here.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The semester is almost over so I'm looking forward to spending the next few months traveling. So far I have trips planned for NC, Kansas, Philly, and Savannah. I'm also hoping to find some time for Vegas.

Anyone have a Peloton?

I have a little bit of a rough home gym in the basement (it’s always a WIP), but never jumped on the Peloton bus. I’ve heard good things but it’s really pricey, and building a gym setup is expensive. Decisions had to be made. Did you get one? Let me know your thoughts if so.

I have a little bit of a rough home gym in the basement (it’s always a WIP), but never jumped on the Peloton bus. I’ve heard good things but it’s really pricey, and building a gym setup is expensive. Decisions had to be made. Did you get one? Let me know your thoughts if so.

Yeah, I got one about 6 months ago, whenever the new one came out. I've never been a stationary equipment cardio person (I get bored after 10 minutes), but this thing actually keeps me engaged. I use it 1-2 times per week for 30-45 minutes each time.

Any pictures of the home gym setup?

Yeah, I got one about 6 months ago, whenever the new one came out. I've never been a stationary equipment cardio person (I get bored after 10 minutes), but this thing actually keeps me engaged. I use it 1-2 times per week for 30-45 minutes each time.

Any pictures of the home gym setup?

Nice! Sounds like a good investment.

I do, but I’m not sure how to post here from the phone library on my iPhone. If someone can give some directions on that I will.

Nice! Sounds like a good investment.

I do, but I’m not sure how to post here from the phone library on my iPhone. If someone can give some directions on that I will.
Postimage.org

You got to copy and paste it, for some reason it won't link.

Postimage.org

You got to copy and paste it, for some reason it won't link.

Thanks! Still have a lot of work to do on it. Need to mount the TV. The flooring sucks (was a temporary solution), and I need more weights. I don’t use some of the stuff and was strictly because my wife wanted it. Covid sort of jacked up the at home market so I got stalled in my progress last year. Decided I could wait another year before adding anything else.

6303718-F-69-DD-485-E-B0-E8-069-B63603-EB6.jpg

9-D82-BCC3-6-B9-C-48-CC-A59-D-33125-B63-C28-B.jpg

F140-E7-E8-A788-4040-A399-6822-F8092-A7-B.jpg

71-B32877-3-CBC-4-AFA-9-F4-C-8-D5-B20-DF33-BF.jpg

Thanks! Still have a lot of work to do on it. Need to mount the TV. The flooring sucks (was a temporary solution), and I need more weights. I don’t use some of the stuff and was strictly because my wife wanted it. Covid sort of jacked up the at home market so I got stalled in my progress last year. Decided I could wait another year before adding anything else.

That is an awesome space. I would use it differently, but you are better than me. I have a perfect place for a workout room, but instead I have a pool table, dartboard and a 65" tv. One day I might start talking better care of myself.

That is an awesome space. I would use it differently, but you are better than me. I have a perfect place for a workout room, but instead I have a pool table, dartboard and a 65" tv. One day I might start talking better care of myself.

Thanks. When we were looking at houses a big basement area for a gym was my deal maker/breaker. I always wanted one, but since I now have a long commute to work (before Covid and after), having the home gym is vital. During ball season I also use it as an excuse to watch games.

Reactions: GhostOf301

Awesome space! Well done.

I wish we had basements here. Such a bonus. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want a home gym, but I don't really want to take up any of our existing rooms.

I didn't start working out regularly until last June. I put on the good ole covid 19 lbs in the first half of last year and then decided it was time. I haven't had the transformation that @lurkeraspect84 has, but I feel so much better than a year ago.
I do the very basic things. I jog (mostly walk), do push-ups and every now and then I will use the curl bar to keep my shoulder tight. My office is on the 6th floor and I take the stairs. Never really been one to do organized workouts. I am eating healthier now and have cut back on a lot of the sugar. I keep saying that I am going to cut back on drinking, but there's always a reason to drink.

Thanks. When we were looking at houses a big basement area for a gym was my deal maker/breaker. I always wanted one, but since I now have a long commute to work (before Covid and after), having the home gym is vital. During ball season I also use it as an excuse to watch games.
I live on the coast. So no basements here. I have a detached garage in the backyard with a 22×14 room that I escape to. I will take some pictures later. This is the building, it's raining and I have some spring cleaning to do. Don't judge too hard.

20210425-093107.jpg

It's also through the screen porch, so not the greatest picture. Lol

I live on the coast. So no basements here. I have a detached garage in the backyard with a 22×14 room that I escape to. I will take some pictures later. This is the building, it's raining and I have some spring cleaning to do. Don't judge too hard.

20210425-093107.jpg

It's also through the screen porch, so not the greatest picture. Lol

No judgement here. Looks like it’s a nice size, and your yard is in better shape than mine. I miss living near the beach.

Awesome space! Well done.

I wish we had basements here. Such a bonus. I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want a home gym, but I don't really want to take up any of our existing rooms.

Thanks! It can quickly become a pretty expensive obsession. I watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a bunch of articles when I first started it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I do the very basic things. I jog (mostly walk), do push-ups and every now and then I will use the curl bar to keep my shoulder tight. My office is on the 6th floor and I take the stairs. Never really been one to do organized workouts. I am eating healthier now and have cut back on a lot of the sugar. I keep saying that I am going to cut back on drinking, but there's always a reason to drink.
I get plenty of exercise with baseball/basketball, plus my job. Its one of the reason we moved into a loft/apartment. Just too tired to do upkeep on a house. In my off-season, I do go to the gym once a week....mainly for cardio.

Yea, always felt like I should be getting my exercise in at work as well, but also realize some jobs that isn’t even an option.

Anyone ride bikes? Going on a few trips this summer. That's Sweet Ride Babe..

158325730_10225284557889037_8979711948011970364_n.jpg

Both of my parents rode when I was younger. My brother is on and off. I never really took it up.

Had a sports bike for a few years, but sold it when I got married. I couldn't do the long trips, even on their bikes. My longest ride was probably 2 hours.

Where you headed this summer?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Down to a 6.4, although more comfortable at an 8 for events.

Reactions: JimboBBN

nervous to get out there, but I did grab a 7 iron and take a few swings in the yard yesterday just to see if I could do it pain free. So far so good. Messed up my back really bad playing hockey in November. Doc wants me to get a fusion surgery, but I don't want to do it. I've already had 7 spine surgeries in my life and feel like I reached my limit. But, can't really feel my left foot and still have pain in my legs sometimes so migth have to go that route eventually.

Hoping to get out there and be able to play. If I do it will have to be in a cart, definitely can't walk much now. But with two 7 month old lab puppies I doubt I'll have much time for golf this summer even if I wasn't injured.

as for scoring, I seem to have plateaued at a 10 handicap. Got it as low as 8 a few years ago, but have also been as high as 14 during that time frame. It really all depends on my back. A couple years ago I went from shooting 76 one day to shooting over 100 the very next day on the same course.

I already moved up to the senior tees last year full time which definitely helped put less wear and tear on the body.

Down to a 6.4, although more comfortable at an 8 for events.
Yea, you would thoroughly dominate me. I can crush the ball off the tee, but that's probably the only thing I can keep up in.

nervous to get out there, but I did grab a 7 iron and take a few swings in the yard yesterday just to see if I could do it pain free. So far so good. Messed up my back really bad playing hockey in November. Doc wants me to get a fusion surgery, but I don't want to do it. I've already had 7 spine surgeries in my life and feel like I reached my limit. But, can't really feel my left foot and still have pain in my legs sometimes so migth have to go that route eventually.

Hoping to get out there and be able to play. If I do it will have to be in a cart, definitely can't walk much now. But with two 7 month old lab puppies I doubt I'll have much time for golf this summer even if I wasn't injured.

as for scoring, I seem to have plateaued at a 10 handicap. Got it as low as 8 a few years ago, but have also been as high as 14 during that time frame. It really all depends on my back. A couple years ago I went from shooting 76 one day to shooting over 100 the very next day on the same course.

I already moved up to the senior tees last year full time which definitely helped put less wear and tear on the body.
Damn, dude. Thats a lot of knives to go under, especially in one spot that's really crucial to moving. All the surgeries Tiger has had on his back, I guess they do a good enough job to where you can still torque your body and swing a club.

For reference, I have no back issues and my handicap is around 20 lol so it sounds like you as well were quite a bit better before your injuries took place.

Golf has only gotten more enjoyable as I've gotten older. I'll be hitting thirty next December, and my basketball game is going nowhere but down at this point :( so thank god for golf

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Being 5 years your elder, yea man might as well put up the sneaks. I’m only 35 and feel lucky if I’m not sore daily from sleeping on my ish wrong 😂
It's almost unbelievable the things I could do on the court at 22 and 23 compared to 28. It makes me have the utmost respect for athletes who only seem to get better into their late twenties. I got fatter, my knees got bad, and for whatever reason, I don't seem to shoot as well as I used to.

Yea, you would thoroughly dominate me. I can crush the ball off the tee, but that's probably the only thing I can keep up in.

Damn, dude. Thats a lot of knives to go under, especially in one spot that's really crucial to moving. All the surgeries Tiger has had on his back, I guess they do a good enough job to where you can still torque your body and swing a club.

For reference, I have no back issues and my handicap is around 20 lol so it sounds like you as well were quite a bit better before your injuries took place.

Golf has only gotten more enjoyable as I've gotten older. I'll be hitting thirty next December, and my basketball game is going nowhere but down at this point :( so thank god for golf

as bad as your basketball game is going, here is some perspective for you. When I turned 30 I was forced to retire from all basketball after having back surgery #3. And I was a guy who played 6-7 days per week back then. Haven't touched a ball since and that was 21 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT