ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NBA Draft

For those of y’all who care, here’s my final top 25 Big Board. Consider it the nba version of @dukedevilz bad ass lists.

Note this is not a mock draft—because teams are idiots. I used a healthy mix of a player’s floor and ceiling, with the ultimate goal of projecting who will be the most impactful in a few years. Save this and call me out on it in 5 years.

1. LaMelo Ball
2. Patrick Williams
3. Obi Toppin
4. Tyrese Haliburton
5. James Wiseman
6. Onyeka Okongwu
7. Devin Vassell
8. Saddiq Bey
9. Deni Avdija
10. Isaac Okoro
11. Killian Hayes
12. Anthony Edwards
13. Precious Achiuwa
14. Tyrese Maxey
15. Jalen Smith
16. Aaron Nesmith
17. Malachi Flynn
18. Kira Lewis Jr
19. Desmond Bane
20. Tyrell Terry
21. RJ Hampton
22. Cole Anthony
23. Isaiah Stewart
24. Tre Jones
25. Jordan Nwora
LOL, bruh this list is pretty bad. Williams at 2, he's good maybe top 5 but not 2. Obi Toppin at 3 is also a bit high. The fact you have Edwards all the way down at 12 is isane.

LOL, bruh this list is pretty bad. Williams at 2, he's good maybe top 5 but not 2. Obi Toppin at 3 is also a bit high. The fact you have Edwards all the way down at 12 is isane.

Bad compared to what? “Experts?” The same ones who said to pick Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic?

IMO, Edwards’ ceiling is capped by his lack of desire to work. He doesn’t want to be great.

Reactions: JamesERustle
Bad compared to what? “Experts?” The same ones who said to pick Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic?

IMO, Edwards’ ceiling is capped by his lack of desire to work. He doesn’t want to be great.

Congrats Nole, Williams might be the top athlete in this draft.

Reactions: GE Nole
Tyrese Haliburton fell to 12??????? Wow! Kings have some really nice pieces.

I'm disappointed there's not more interest in the draft. Tyrese Haliburton going 12th will prove to be the steal of the draft.

Vassell at 11 is also great value, especially with the fit in San Antonio. Dude will go from being coached by Ham to Pop. That’s pretty nice.

But yeah, Haliburton is a huge steal. I mean shoot, he was 4th on my big board.

Considering these guys will be playing actual NBA games in 5 weeks, guys like Haliburton have even more value.

If you look through some of the old threads, at one point I said Cole Anthony wouldn't go in the top 10. #15 sounds about right. Still a good athlete; he can rebound; he can score. Not a bad pick at 15, but he was definitely overhyped going into the start of last season.

Gotta love Luke Kennard going to the Clippers. Another chance for a Dukie to get a ring. He'll be a nice complimentary player.

If you look through some of the old threads, at one point I said Cole Anthony wouldn't go in the top 10. #15 sounds about right. Still a good athlete; he can rebound; he can score. Not a bad pick at 15, but he was definitely overhyped going into the start of last season.

Gotta love Luke Kennard going to the Clippers. Another chance for a Dukie to get a ring. He'll be a nice complimentary player.
Kennard lives a street over from me. Sad to see him go, he showed some signs but was fairly injury prone, I’m glad he gets to go to a contender too, the Pistons are finally fully committing to the rebuild.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Crazy to think Duke or Kentucky didn't have a single player drafted in the top 20.... a lot of players cry when drafted, but Tyrese Maxey's crying made me laugh a little. Okay, bad taste. But still, that was not a typical-sounding draft cry.

Duke had a 6-year streak going with a top 3 pick. Jabari Parker-Jahlil Okafor-Brandon Ingram-Jayson Tatum-Marvin Bagley-Zion/RJ Barrett

Now, I'm wondering if Duke will even have a 1st Rounder this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Malichi Flynn is a good fit in Toronto. If the NCAAT was played this year, I bet he goes top 20.

And man, whomever drafts Desmond Bane at this point is getting a huge steal.

Anybody notice the number of mixed-couple parents this year? Looking like the recipe to get a kid drafted these days.

No nothing about the Wiz pick. Espn dork did say best player in the draft.
Defensively i can’t imagine the skinny 19 yr old white euro helps the worst defensive team in the NBA

No nothing about the Wiz pick. Espn dork did say best player in the draft.
Defensively i can’t imagine the skinny 19 yr old white euro helps the worst defensive team in the NBA
You guys just got Cassius Winston too. Not the pick to sure up your defense.

Surprise Desmond Bane went in the first round.
He was a player who could go off at times.

Always liked his game.
Will translate to the NBA well.

Especially with Morant getting so much attention.
Bane can shoot and guard multiple positions.

Always need someone who can body up on the inside but play the perimeter

Everything the Nuggets are doing right now hits...

Having Nnaji fall to them is crazy.
He is just bouncy and don't even think he has hit his peak yet.
One of those players I think has a tremendous ceiling. The Nuggets grabbing him reinforces that

Wouldn't be surprised if he is getting big minutes with the Nuggets soon.

Needs to bulk up some. But could give them more than Millsap eventually.

Patrick Williams had the pivotal defensive play of the game in game 2, followed by a dunk that blew the roof of the gym. And in game 1 he was an eraser at the rim and helped shut down the secondary options.

Vassell had a 134 offensive rating in game 1 and 150 in game two.

Just food for thought.
And yet walker and Forrest still had better games. I wasn’t shittin on the FSU draft guys and even said my opinion was unfairly biased.

Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed players with Nigerian connections were drafted like every 5 picks. The Nigerian Basketball Federation has no business not sending a wildly talented team to the Olympics. The Greek Freak also holds a Nigerian passport, as his parents are from Lagos. I don't expect him to abandon the Greek National team (are you even allowed to switch?), but even without him Nigeria could field a very competitive team. Here's a hypothetical Nigerian squad for the 2021 Olympics.

Starters:
Victor Oladipo
Isaac Okoro
OG Anunoby
Al-Faroq Aminu
Bam Adebayo

Bench:
Ben Uzoh (2-year NBA Vet; Nigeria doesn't have many viable point guards)
Josh Okogie
Desmond Bane
Semi Ojeleye
Precious Achiuwa
Onyeka Okongwu
Jahlil Okafor

Other NBA Players to consider:
Gabe Vincent
David Nwaba
Wesley Iwundu
KZ Okpala
Chuma Okeke
Jordan Nwora
Zeke Nnaji
Daniel Oturu
Udoka Azubuike

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I fuggin told Dotson to come back....

Crazy. Never would have thought he would go undrafted.

Another head-scratcher for me is seeing Isaiah Joe taken, but not Mason Jones. I don't watch Arkansas enough to get a feel for how those two compare, but Jones was infinitely more productive and efficient this year.

It's fun to watch the draft, but I often feel bad/sad for many of the guys that aren't picked. Here are a few of the undrafted players I've enjoyed watching over the last few years that most of us will forget about soon.

-Markus Howard, Marquette
-Myles Powell, Seton Hall
-Lamar Stevens, Penn State
-Kaleb Wesson, Ohio State
-Ty-Shon Alexander, Creighton
-Naji Marshall, Xavier
-Kamar Baldwin, Butler
-Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown
-Freddie Gillespie, Baylor
-Trent Forrest, FSU
-Markell Johnson, NC State
-Mamadi Diakite, Virginia
-Killian Tillie, Gonzaga
-Jordan Ford, Saint Mary's
-Malik Fitts, Saint Mary's
-Yoeli Childs, BYU
-Tres Tinkle, Oregon State
-Kristian Doolittle, Oklahoma

And yet walker and Forrest still had better games. I wasn’t shittin on the FSU draft guys and even said my opinion was unfairly biased.

MJ went off in game 1. No doubt. One of his best games last year.

I think, with Ham, there’s just a lot more than who scored the most points when thinking about being dominant. Vassell was critical on and off ball defense in both games, and his rebounds and timely scoring were huge too. He kept us in it in the early part of Game 2 second half, allowing for the big surge.

ADVERTISEMENT