Wichita State (9 seed)

Notable Others:
Gonzaga (1 seed)
Nevada (3 seed)
Loyola Chicago (11 seed)
St. Joes - Next 4 Out

Not a 1-seed

giphy.gif

Penn St won’t make tourney after losing Carr. Their coach will be gone as well after next year.

Reactions: KisteK
I'm in Big10 country so I'll chime in on its behalf. Watch out for Wisconsin if Happ stays. They will be the most improved team in the conference next year. Should easily get in. Maryland might be seeded too low and OSU too high. Still too early to know who's going and who's staying for other teams. And IU is still in waiting mode for a top recruit so they could be a wild card to watch out for. There clearly won't be any dominant team next year so it should be interesting how the season plays out.

I will proclaim this: Indiana will be an NCAAT team. They will finish no worse than 6th. And if they land Langford? They will contend for the Big 10.

Holy Schidt at the B1g..

Without knowing who's leaving..
MSU at 2?
OSU at 6?!
Maryland only a 10?!!
PennSt an 11 with Indiana out looking in?!!!
No Iowa?!!!!

They pay this guy?!!!!!

Reactions: Upset Alert
hell lets just give the Championship to Duke and move on to the 19-20 season since the NCAAT will be made up of ACC teams.

The acc is gonna get 7-10 ncaat buds every year for the foreseeable future. Better get used to it. Most years will be 8 at minimum.

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Duke won't be a 1 seed, take that to the bank.

I will proclaim this: Indiana will be an NCAAT team. They will finish no worse than 6th. And if they land Langford? They will contend for the Big 10.
I hope you are right, but I'm still not so sure without Langford. The Big10 is going to a shorter nonconference slate starting next season, so there will be less room for error. I don't see more than 5 bids, so finishing in the top 5 will be critical.

I'm in Big10 country so I'll chime in on its behalf. Watch out for Wisconsin if Happ stays. They will be the most improved team in the conference next year. Should easily get in. Maryland might be seeded too low and OSU too high. Still too early to know who's going and who's staying for other teams. And IU is still in waiting mode for a top recruit so they could be a wild card to watch out for. There clearly won't be any dominant team next year so it should be interesting how the season plays out.
Where would Happ go?

I hope you are right, but I'm still not so sure without Langford. The Big10 is going to a shorter nonconference slate starting next season, so there will be less room for error. I don't see more than 5 bids, so finishing in the top 5 will be critical.
don't make any bets on that as it was a BT school in Michigan that played in the NCAAT Championship.

the BT had a lot of teams that were young. 7-9 teams going to be in the NCAAT in March of 2019.

hell lets just give the Championship to Duke and move on to the 19-20 season since the NCAAT will be made up of ACC teams.

This was the feeling a year ago at this time. Sure they have the top recruiting class when looking at them getting the top 3 of the 5 stars but that does not make them a "team" yet. Duke is not the only team that is re-loading with success. KU will have as many McD AA's and/or 5 stars as any other team. But like Duke there is the problem of molding them into a team.

This was the feeling a year ago at this time. Sure they have the top recruiting class when looking at them getting the top 3 of the 5 stars but that does not make them a "team" yet. Duke is not the only team that is re-loading with success. KU will have as many McD AA's and/or 5 stars as any other team. But like Duke there is the problem of molding them into a team.
how many will be team players vs me 1st players?

Most of the seeds seem reasonable at this point. But...

Ohio State a 6 seed after losing KBD, Tate, and Kam Williams? Not seeing it... Michigan, assuming they lose Wagner, would be hard-pressed to be a 3 seed.

Also, LSU is going to be much better than an 8 seed. I see them as a top 15 team, personally... and finally, FSU will be a top 5 seed if Phil Cofer is granted a medical redshirt.

We are going to be a 2 seed after losing Bridges, JJJ and Ward?

OK
Yeah basically. Lunardi is on crack apparently. Msu will be top 5 in B10 (towards 4 and 5?) and 6-9 seed in NCAA. B10 weakness will hurt whole league again unless they surprise in Nov and Dec. MSU depth is a little scary if they get an injury or two IMO. Typical solid MSU team, with the strength outside rather then inside.

With Langford, IU becomes a serious Big title threat. W/O him, they are(IMO) an NCAAT team. Return basically everyone. Bringing in a Top 20 class. Getting needed parts at key positions; PG in Phinisee. SG in Anderson. This team was a few hiccups away from being an NCAAT team this year. With a year under their belts, look for Morgan, Green, SMith, Durham and Davis to have a much bigger impact. Hunter is a Top 50 kid. Phinisee is a pure PG. Very solid. Anderson can score. And shoot. Now, put Langford in the mox, and it changes drastically.

Where would Happ go?
More than likely nowhere. However he does have the options to:
1. Be a grad transfer (I think he qualifies)
2. Go play overseas
3. Enter the NBA draft
4. Quit basketball altogether
don't make any bets on that as it was a BT school in Michigan that played in the NCAAT Championship.

the BT had a lot of teams that were young. 7-9 teams going to be in the NCAAT in March of 2019.
As I stated earlier, the Big10 is adding more conference games and shortening the nonconference schedule. Where are all the "quadrant wins" going to come from especially if we get smoked by the ACC again? There's the Big East matchup too but not all Big10 teams get to have an opponent for that.
With Langford, IU becomes a serious Big title threat. W/O him, they are(IMO) an NCAAT team. Return basically everyone. Bringing in a Top 20 class. Getting needed parts at key positions; PG in Phinisee. SG in Anderson. This team was a few hiccups away from being an NCAAT team this year. With a year under their belts, look for Morgan, Green, SMith, Durham and Davis to have a much bigger impact. Hunter is a Top 50 kid. Phinisee is a pure PG. Very solid. Anderson can score. And shoot. Now, put Langford in the mox, and it changes drastically.
I can agree with Langford that IU could be a factor in the Big10 race. But without him, I see us being closer to a bubble team. I think Morgan and Smith will be our bright spots, but our lack of outside shooting and FT's may be our downfall again. I usually don't expect freshmen to come in right away and make a huge difference, but Langford would be an exception.

I will disagree with you however on IU was "a few hiccups" away from the tourney this past season. The season started bad with ISU and ended bad vs Rutgers. We were probably a minimum of 5 or 6 victories away from ever getting in. We had no quality wins over anybody, and a half dozen really bad losses. I'll say by Archie's 3rd season is when us IU fans will really have a team that could do some damage come post season.

ADVERTISEMENT