ADVERTISEMENT

10 teams that can win it all....

Your national champion will come from one of those 10 teams besides Michigan State imo.

Reactions: nrmorgan2001
Keywords: "Finished the season..." Winning 6 games against top competition helps the stats a bit.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Keywords: "Finished the season..." Winning 6 games against top competition helps the stats a bit.

This. If you win the tournament you're beating a minimum of 5 top 50 opponents. Illinois, Iowa State, BYU, Creighton, Wisconsin, San Diego State, Kansas, Gonzaga, and New Mexico would easily meet that criteria with just a few more quality wins.

That being said, give me: UConn, Purdue, or Houston. I like my chances with those 3 over the field.

This. If you win the tournament you're beating a minimum of 5 top 50 opponents. Illinois, Iowa State, BYU, Creighton, Wisconsin, San Diego State, Kansas, Gonzaga, and New Mexico would easily meet that criteria with just a few more quality wins.

That being said, give me: UConn, Purdue, or Houston. I like my chances with those 3 over the field.
Houston doesnt belong with the other 2. And it may just be uconn because this is the ncaa tourney and purdue until proven otherwise cant be counted on

yea, I'd like to know the stats for this if you only count the end of regular season and don't include conf tourneys and NCAA tourney.

You'd take those 3 over the field? You're crazy lol.

Houston doesnt belong with the other 2. And it may just be uconn because this is the ncaa tourney and purdue until proven otherwise cant be counted on

Nah. On a typical year, your top 2 schools will have around a 30% chance of winning it all. This year it might be a little more, maybe 35%. Either way, I'm taking the field over your top 2 choices.

In an average year your top 3 schools will have around 45% chance of winning it all. This year I believe it's over 50%.

I'd give it maybe 55% odds. Obviously a lot can change it a month. Houston may not be the 3rd best team after a few more weeks. But yeah, UConn/Purdue coupled with whoever might look like the third best contender. Tell you what, I'll do a poll and see what others say.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Nah. On a typical year, your top 2 schools will have around a 30% chance of winning it all. This year it might be a little more, maybe 35%. Either way, I'm taking the field over your top 2 choices.

In an average year your top 3 schools will have around 45% chance of winning it all. This year I believe it's over 50%.

I'd give it maybe 55% odds. Obviously a lot can change it a month. Houston may not be the 3rd best team after a few more weeks. But yeah, UConn/Purdue coupled with whoever might look like the third best contender. Tell you what, I'll do a poll and see what others say.
I think if you replaced purdue and houston with names like duke and kansas or unc the poll would be higher as well.

Yeah, I'm not ready to take any three over the field. We've seen far more dominant teams than those fail to reach the final four. And I don't think they had separated themselves much from the rest until they started playing weak competition in conference.

Reactions: 954gator
I think if you replaced purdue and houston with names like duke and kansas or unc the poll would be higher as well.

If you ask people who don't watch a whole lot of college basketball, yes, the results would be higher. But, I'd expect more out of the regulars.

I'm not convinced any of those 3 blue bloods have what it takes to win 6. I could see any of those 3 making a Regional Final, or possibly a Final Four. They all have noticeable weaknesses that make me think they'd struggle to win 6.

If you're looking for alternates to Purdue and Houston, I might look to Arizona, Iowa State, Marquette, or Tennessee before any of the bluebloods.

Reactions: della
Yeah, I'm not ready to take any three over the field. We've seen far more dominant teams than those fail to reach the final four. And I don't think they had separated themselves much from the rest until they started playing weak competition in conference.
kansas may have the best starting 5 in the country. zero depth. Round of 32 or elite 8 games will be where kansas goes down i bet

If you ask people who don't watch a whole lot of college basketball, yes, the results would be higher. But, I'd expect more out of the regulars.

I'm not convinced any of those 3 blue bloods have what it takes to win 6. I could see any of those 3 making a Regional Final, or possibly a Final Four. They all have noticeable weaknesses that make me think they'd struggle to win 6.

If you're looking for alternates to Purdue and Houston, I might look to Arizona, Iowa State, Marquette, or Tennessee before any of the bluebloods.
Gun to head I think if you have to pick someone. Its Uconn

I dunno man the field is going to be pretty strong.

UConn’s played two respectable teams in league play and went 1-1, getting smacked around by Seton Hall. Your 5th best team is 0-6 vs the top 25, and three other teams are winless vs ranked teams. Murderers row!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
UConn’s played two respectable teams in league play and went 1-1, getting smacked around by Seton Hall. Your 5th best team is 0-6 vs the top 25, and three other teams are winless vs ranked teams. Murderers row!!!

OK buddy lol.

kansas may have the best starting 5 in the country. zero depth. Round of 32 or elite 8 games will be where kansas goes down i bet

They’ve laid some eggs in true road games, but when healthy, they can beat anyone. The quick turnaround might hurt them in a 2nd round or E8 game, but they did beat Tennessee in their third game in three days.

It will all depend on matchups and who’s peaking at the right time, as always.

They’ve laid some eggs in true road games, but when healthy, they can beat anyone. The quick turnaround might hurt them in a 2nd round or E8 game, but they did beat Tennessee in their third game in three days.

It will all depend on matchups and who’s peaking at the right time, as always.
is McCullar good to go now?

ADVERTISEMENT