ADVERTISEMENT

1, 2, and 3 seeds that won’t make the Sweet 16?

Our first round game vs 10 seed VT... their record vs top 25??? 4-0? That can’t be right? Can anyone confirm? (This is according to CBS bracket app)

Our first round game vs 10 seed VT... their record vs top 25??? 4-0? That can’t be right? Can anyone confirm?
Yeah, they missed several games due to Covid, so they only got UVA once, and never played FSU. I think Clemson was ranked when they played them, and they also beat Nova. Not sure on the 4th, but its just another weird covid year stat

Yeah, they missed several games due to Covid, so they only got UVA once, and never played FSU. I think Clemson was ranked when they played them, and they also beat Nova. Not sure on the 4th, but its just another weird covid year stat
UNC wasn’t top 25?

They beat a "ranked" Duke team - they have 3 wins over tourney teams and only one of them came in 2021

they definitely overachieved. Their style could catch fire and see them make a deep run, especially in this type of year

Very true. They also have multiple double digit losses to unranked teams this year so they could get blown out in Round 1.I know which one I’m rooting for.

they definitely overachieved. Their style could catch fire and see them make a deep run, especially in this type of year
Well the truth is Florida really isn’t that good either. Especially not towards the end of the season. Sucks so bad we lost KJ. He was a stud, would have ben a completely diff season for us SMH.

That’s dumb. I hate when they do the whole “when they played” garbage. What a useless stat.

Unless it’s talking about a bowl game or conference or NCAAt game, game time rank/seed is totally meaningless.

Reactions: 954gator
BTW, "Record vs. the Top 25" (as ESPN has in their Tournament Challenge app) is literally the dumbest thing ever if it is talking about at the time of the matchup, lol. For example, who cares if Illinois beat #10 Duke at their place during the Big Ten/ACC Challenge?? That really doesn't say that much now. Beating (at that point) unranked Michigan would have clearly been a better accomplishment for an ACC team in hindsight.

All I know is FSU has the tools to go deep. Size, athleticism, depth, experience...
Sure as I’ve said before no team is unbeatable, but FSU has as good a chance as any. I’m struggling with my FSU v Texas pick in my bracket. That would be one hell of an E8 matchup.

Won't be us...
We will break them off. They can get that Final 4 against someone else

Truthfully want to return the favor to LSU.
Plus they been mouthy later.
Want to see them in the regional final

Honestly I thought Fl should have been a 9-10 at best. Arky...ehh I’m not sold on them either. My point is Arky vs Texas Tech is a coin flip at best. Shoot man how good is Winthrop? Who the F knows?
Arkansas 75 Florida 64

Singleton was a machine. I was in awe of his superior talents. And yes, nobody on UNCG could reasonably match Gray.

I really like FSU's region. Obviously you don't want to overlook anyone. But, Michigan could potentially be without the services of Livers - and they're arguably the weakest 1 seed, even if Livers is healthy. Right now, I'm thinking about putting FSU into the Elite 8. But, those turnovers really do make me hesitate.

FSU has been sloppy and very generous giving up the ball lately. Defense was non-existent vs ND and the 2nd half of the GT game. Jekyll and Hyde. Who knows which one shows up.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Like how is UF seeded higher than OU, Mizzou, UNC, LSU, Gt? Makes zero sense to me.
Yeah no kidding. It’s crazy. And I have a ton of respect for UF as a school and athletic program. We’ve had some amazing games against y’all in football and basketball in my lifetime. But that seed just couldn’t be any less realistic haha.

Reactions: 954gator
Yeah Sheriff is way off on FSU IMO. No team is going to be happy to play them.

Yeah I don’t know about that. MJ has been great at times but lately he is average at best. Keep hearing tendinitis in his knee, but hey, everybody is bit banged up this time of year., I’ll go so far as to say if he is a no show Saturday, FSU loses.

Yeah I don’t know about that. MJ has been great at times but lately he is average at best. Keep hearing tendinitis in his knee, but hey, everybody is bit banged up this time of year., I’ll go so far as to say if he is a no show Saturday, FSU loses.

We would be better off if MJ legit didn’t show up to the stadium than us getting the MJ who played in the ND and GT games.

We would be better off if MJ legit didn’t show up to the stadium than us getting the MJ who played in the ND and GT games.

Agree. Tho Evans has pulled a disappearing act after tearing it up mid-season. What happened to that guy. Covid after effects or something?

Damn. Lol. Looking more and more like the Big Ten has a few times with true deep run potential, and it was the intense physicality of the league that it made it seem as tough as it looked.

Question of intensity.
If Texas isn't there they will get knocked out in the first round.
If the intensity is there they should be able to win both games.

Now....Michigan State is another team that could poise a threat to Texas.
In a different way.
Nah

Hey maybe you’re right. As I said I think this tourney is going to be wild with upsets. Still, FSU has a squad with the length and size to give most teams fits. To be fair this has been the case for a while and for whatever reason, somewhat like Tennessee, have underwhelmed in the tourney.

Recently though they’ve done pretty well in the tourney. Losing only to top teams and competing well. I just have more faith in that program now I guess.

Hey maybe you’re right. As I said I think this tourney is going to be wild with upsets. Still, FSU has a squad with the length and size to give most teams fits. To be fair this has been the case for a while and for whatever reason, somewhat like Tennessee, have underwhelmed in the tourney.

Recently though they’ve done pretty well in the tourney. Losing only to top teams and competing well. I just have more faith in that program now I guess.
Honestly we've basically overachieved in the tourney each of the last couple appearances. 2017 was a real letdown, but that squad just didn't seem to have an alpha. That's the problem with this team as well, because there are really good players, but not the person that you know is going to take over the stretch and gather the attention of the entire defense. Barnes can be a guy to get you a basket at the close of the game, but isn't there mentally as far as dominating a game offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT