ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo

If he's announcing from where he's rumored to, it's definitely looking like Indiana. Not sure why he waited for KU's guards to declare then promptly set a date if it's to announce IU.

FWIW, there's a poster on the KU board (supposedly with a history of correct predictions) who claims it's in the bag according to his source. And his "source" has reconfirmed it since the FBI story broke. He made a bet to leave the board permanently if he's wrong.

We'll see soon enough.

If he's announcing from where he's rumored to, it's definitely looking like Indiana. Not sure why he waited for KU's guards to declare then promptly set a date if it's to announce IU.

FWIW, there's a poster on the KU board (supposedly with a history of correct predictions) who claims it's in the bag according to his source. And his "source" has reconfirmed it since the FBI story broke. He made a bet to leave the board permanently if he's wrong.

We'll see soon enough.
Are you saying that particular KU poster is predicting IU or KU? Either interpretation could be made by how you wrote that. I just want clarification and not trying to be inflammatory.

Are you saying that particular KU poster is predicting IU or KU? Either interpretation could be made by how you wrote that. I just want clarification and not trying to be inflammatory.

You're right, it wasn't clear. KU.

He is announcing in his home gym that is open to the public. It is going to have 4,500 plus people majority being IU fans there. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t choose IU in that setting.

It’s recruiting though, so who knows what will happen

Reactions: KisteK and RipThru
Can’t knock a kid for not wanting to go to a school about to get the long Dick of Justice from the fbi

Can’t knock a kid for not wanting to go to a school about to get the long Dick of Justice from the fbi
Why would the FBI Justice Dick be aimed for the school? If I'm not mistaken, the FBI lists Kansas as being defrauded in the situation, says there was zero evidence the school had any involvement, and also noted there was evidence the activity was purposefully concealed from the university-----but hey, thats coming from the actual FBI release. You might be privy to more credible sources higher up than the actual FBI and DDD (deep dicking dept). Keep us posted!!!

Reactions: ThroughBlue
Since there hasn't been anything of any truth leaked, I assume it will not be IU. With that in mind I think he will join his good friend and go to a team that isn't rebuilding. Of the 3 that are in the running KU is the only one that will make the FF next year.

I imagine those 4,500 fans in the stands wouldn't be a too happy if he chooses anywhere but IU. That'd be awkward but hilarious.

I know that Harrison Barnes and a few other high profile recruits have pulled that trick on the locals. In some cases, they might confuse all the local attention for true support of their career, rather than selfish attempts to lure him to the local university. Some probably don't think it through.

But yeah, it would seem to indicate Indiana.

My guess is IU, but I wouldn’t rule out KU even with the FBI situation. By the time KU would/if receive any punishment from it Romeo would be gone being a one and done.. NCAA moves at a snails pace especially considering KU would surely fight back.

I have a hard time imagining it's anywhere but IU with the open announcement.

I have a hard time imagining it's anywhere but IU with the open announcement.
Kids announce in their own gym all the time and pick a out of state school. Don’t think that is any indication of where he is going regardless if he pick Indiana.

Kids announce in their own gym all the time and pick a out of state school. Don’t think that is any indication of where he is going regardless if he pick Indiana.

This is a much different situation then others. He very well may choose Kansas or Vandy, but I think that percentage went way down when the family decided to open this to the public.

why would he go to a High School in Kansas to announce he is going to Kansas. the kid is from Indiana went to the school where he is announcing.

doesn't mean he is going to Indiana, only he knows where he is going.

I don’t think most people understand Indiana high school basketball to have a grasp how crazy it would be in this situation for him not to announce he’s going to IU. That’s not to say it’s a lock at all. He’s a kid after all. Every game the kid played this year was packed to the rafters in high school gyms that some D1 schools would love to have the same capacity. Those places all had fans dressed in crimson and cream chanting IU chants. This announcement, open to the public, may fill up New Albany’s 4500 seats with those same fans present. Again that’s not to say Kansas and Vanderbilt are out of it, just that it would be shocking he announced going to those places this way. A lot of IU fans were worried he’d announce at the McDonald’s all American game because it’s a more national event outside of the wild fanfare that will exist on April 30th.

He doesn't have to have the announcement open to the public. He could do it on ESPN. He could have just announced on Twitter or IG. There are plenty of ways he can do it.

Instead him and his have made sure it's know that anyone can attend. Knowing full well a slew of Indiana fans are going to come.

We went through this same thing with Miles Bridges. We were supposedly a lock for bridges and then we heard he was announcing at his home in flint instead of at school at HP and half of us tried to rationalize it away while the other half figured it was not a good sign.

If you're a Vandy or Kansas fan this is not a good sign. He could still announce for one or the other. But the way he's doing it would certainly leave me less confident.

I'm a Kentucky fan so I really have no dog in this fight btw.

I don’t think most people understand Indiana high school basketball to have a grasp how crazy it would be in this situation for him not to announce he’s going to IU. That’s not to say it’s a lock at all. He’s a kid after all. Every game the kid played this year was packed to the rafters in high school gyms that some D1 schools would love to have the same capacity. Those places all had fans dressed in crimson and cream chanting IU chants. This announcement, open to the public, may fill up New Albany’s 4500 seats with those same fans present. Again that’s not to say Kansas and Vanderbilt are out of it, just that it would be shocking he announced going to those places this way. A lot of IU fans were worried he’d announce at the McDonald’s all American game because it’s a more national event outside of the wild fanfare that will exist on April 30th.
They could charge 30 dollars per person and still sell out days in advance.

Might be worth noting that he (and many in the area and school) are Louisville fans, being that New Albany is a Louisville burb. People might be overplaying the "insult to Indiana country" thought.

Even though they were dropped from his list long ago and for good reason, it could be argued this is more of a slap in the face to Louisville than it would be to IU.

Might be worth noting that he (and many in the area and school) are Louisville fans, being that New Albany is a Louisville burb. People might be overplaying the "insult to Indiana country" thought.

Even though they were dropped from his list long ago and for good reason, it could be argued this is more of a slap in the face to Louisville than it would be to IU.
He knew when he made it open to the public that Indiana fans would show up in droves like they did all year for his high school games. This idea that there aren't Indiana fans near Louisville is simply not true. A lot of New Albany fans are also Indiana fans, hell New Albany's mayor is an IU grad. That place will be packed with IU fans and he knows it.

You couldn't be further off. Him announcing a school not even on his list is a slap in the face?

Just no on so many levels.

Agreed. I think before the FBI thing happened, he was leaning towards KU. Now, I just don’t see it.

He’s a Hoosier IMO. Early congrats, @IUfanBorden. Kids a stud.
He already said the FBI thing didn't change anything in his recruitment. Of course, all jayhawk fans are trying to play that angle.

He already said the FBI thing didn't change anything in his recruitment. Of course, all jayhawk fans are trying to play that angle.

Nobody can judge the sincerity of a comment like that. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

Agreed. I think before the FBI thing happened, he was leaning towards KU. Now, I just don’t see it.

He’s a Hoosier IMO. Early congrats, @IUfanBorden. Kids a stud.

He’s saving face and being a gentleman there out of respect for KU IMO

Reactions: npreston

This is always said from people not from the area. Always makes me laugh.

Nobody can judge the sincerity of a comment like that. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

It didn't play into his decision because they were already a long shot. He's visited there once for an official and he and his parents constantly said it was too fair to make a visit. If they were a serious threat they'd make time to get to KU.

This is a much different situation then others. He very well may choose Kansas or Vandy, but I think that percentage went way down when the family decided to open this to the public.

This is where I'm at; it seems kind of risky to load the gym with people you probably are 90% composed of a certain fanbase only to announce elsewhere. In the current climate we're in it only takes one nut to blow the lid off of what should be a crowning moment for a lot of parties.

ADVERTISEMENT