ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Hilarious picture. Had never seen that, but was not invited to Jordy's wedding.

They seem to be stylish enough that fanbases everywhere have copied in local colors and half the high schools in IN have used them as warm ups at one time or another. You would have liked the green and white version worn at our local HS.

It is a longstanding tradition...not started by Bob Knight as many believe but by another legendary and innovative IU coach "Doc" Counsilman. In addition to creating the first "go pro" style underwater camera, the stripes we see at the bottom of the pool and the wake reducing lane dividers, Counsilman created the iconic stripes...

Initially Doc Counsilman put stripes on swimsuits so he could see the rotation of the swimmer, and somehow that bled into candy stripe sweats and they were winning NCAA Titles and doing amazingly well,” current IU swimming coach Ray Looze said in a video released by the school.

The candy stripes were one of many innovations by Counsilman. He pioneered several swimming coaching and training techniques that helped to propel the Hoosiers to six national titles. One such innovation was the use of underwater filming to observe swimming stroke mechanics. The observations gained from this revolutionized the understanding of the various forces that propel swimmers. Counsilman also developed a pace clock which allowed swimmers to keep their own time during interval training.
It looks odd when IU fans wear those warm-up pants over their regular ones. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: boiler1987
This has to be the biggest exercise in futility ever. Between 18 teams and the portal, you could probably more accurately do this with a dartboard.

247's Big Ten Rankings:

1. UCLA
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Oregon
5. Michigan
6. Illinois
7. Rutgers
8. Maryland
9. Nebraska
10. Ohio State
11. Michigan State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Washington
15. USC
16. Penn State
17. Northwestern
18. Minnesota

There's been so much player movement that I have no idea if these rankings are good. But I'll take Oregon finishing in the top 4!

247's Big Ten Rankings:

1. UCLA
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Oregon
5. Michigan
6. Illinois
7. Rutgers
8. Maryland
9. Nebraska
10. Ohio State
11. Michigan State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Washington
15. USC
16. Penn State
17. Northwestern
18. Minnesota

There's been so much player movement that I have no idea if these rankings are good. But I'll take Oregon finishing in the top 4!
I see your football team is coming to West Lafayette on a Friday night this year. Should be an electric atmosphere.

Reactions: Sparty_57
247's Big Ten Rankings:

1. UCLA
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Oregon
5. Michigan
6. Illinois
7. Rutgers
8. Maryland
9. Nebraska
10. Ohio State
11. Michigan State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Washington
15. USC
16. Penn State
17. Northwestern
18. Minnesota

If Sandfort doesn't go to the NBA, we are winning the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Sparty_57
Payback for when we blew the game last time we played them in Ross-Ade lol.
Yeah that sucked. Then the next year, we completed a 2 pt conversion to tie in the last minute but our dude was on the line and incomplete.

247's Big Ten Rankings:

1. UCLA
2. Indiana
3. Purdue
4. Oregon
5. Michigan
6. Illinois
7. Rutgers
8. Maryland
9. Nebraska
10. Ohio State
11. Michigan State
12. Iowa
13. Wisconsin
14. Washington
15. USC
16. Penn State
17. Northwestern
18. Minnesota

On paper Indiiana is one or two but until we see how the floor is structured and the guys work together this is pointless. It may take until the BT season to know which way is up.

Reactions: hawkit3113
On paper Indiiana is one or two but until we see how the floor is structured and the guys work together this is pointless. It may take until the BT season to know which way is up.

Who do you guys have scheduled in the non conference?

And Iowa blows another game in extra innings. Fvck. Finally get some pitching and the bats go cold.

This team is a huge disappointment. Started off ranked #15. Urghh

I see your football team is coming to West Lafayette on a Friday night this year. Should be an electric atmosphere.

Short week after the Ohio State game. It’s a classic trap game. However, Oregon will be very good next year so we will see if it matters. How are Purdue fans feeling about their team?

Short week after the Ohio State game. It’s a classic trap game. However, Oregon will be very good next year so we will see if it matters. How are Purdue fans feeling about their team?
Impossible to tell. First year under the new coach was okay. He replaced almost half the roster this year. QB and #1 RB are good. Depth is always a question, especially on the OL.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Impossible to tell. First year under the new coach was okay. He replaced almost half the roster this year. QB and #1 RB are good. Depth is always a question, especially on the OL.
He’s done well overall in the portal. NIL seems to be in a pretty good spot to be able to land the guys we’ve landed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT