ADVERTISEMENT

shaka smart Needs To Hand In His Man Card

Hall-O-Daze

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2020
What an embarrassment to The Big East. At a time when the conference is trying hard to prove the NCAA and the committee were wrong, they lay this turd as a two seed against an eleven. Good grief.

A borderline great regular season coach.

Can’t coach for $#*+ in the postseason.

Keeping it to just post season play, he’s living off one magical run from thirteen years ago. Reminds me of “doc” rivers. This guy has been to exactly as many Sweet Sixteens as Kevin Stallings. Let that sink in. Perhaps it’s a case of too much too early on.

We won’t talk about his abject failure at Texas.

First year at Marquette, they get blown out by thirty points in the 8/9 game against UNC. Second year, as a two seed, lose to a mediocre MSU team in the second round. The most underwhelming performance from a Big East representative in a year the conference otherwise did very well. This year, again as a two seed, barely survive Colorado and get taken to the woodshed by the ACC’s seventh best team - despite said team allowing ample opportunity for their opponent to get back in the game during the second half. Poor show all around.

Yes, he led them to a BET title and won them a regular season championship when they were voted to accomplish nothing. Yes, he is a definite upgrade over Wojo. Total liability to his conference when it comes to the NCAA Tournament. I would never trust his team in the tournament with him at the helm.

The bracket got tougher as it played out, they were probably expecting an overseeded Kentucky sacrificial lamb but got a bottom dwelling ACC team instead.

Get over your Big-East pumping who had a good showing btw; --> three SW16 teams!
however, there are other teams from all over that have good teams, too!

NC State did win the ACC Tournament, so the Wolf-pack are legit!
In their path to the 2024-ACC title, NC State had defeated the following:
Louisville,
Syracuse,
Duke,
Virginia
North Carolina.

Also from the ACC, #4 Duke had just defeated #1 Houston.

It will be #11 NC State vs #4 Duke for a Final4 berth!

I'll keep pumping until the committee and the NCAA gives the conference the respect it deserves. What they did was intentional - trying to marginalize a conference that doesn't bring in big football money. Afraid the football school will leave, so they placate them. Pathetic. Spineless. Six bids for the Mountain West....what a joke. I'm not going to stop just because you don't approve. If you don't like it, you know where you can cram it. Cram it sideways if it'll fit.

I would argue that there were an unusual number of bid thieves this season, and that hurt the three Big East teams on the bubble. However, when the committee decided to put the entire mountain west conference in the NCAA tournament, that kinda negates that argument.

I would argue that there were an unusual number of bid thieves this season, and that hurt the three Big East teams on the bubble. However, when the committee decided to put the entire mountain west conference in the NCAA tournament, that kinda negates that argument.
I mean the bid thieves played a part, no question. I think though, in the end, the committee used that perfect storm of chaos as a way to exploit the situation they saw developing and disregard a conference they see as expendable and less profitable. We know the almighty dollar rules, I get it, but what they did was brutal, cold blooded and overall cowardly. Most of all it was unfair to a conference that has contributed significantly to the college basketball landscape since 1979.

Reactions: englandnu
He hasn’t been good in tournament for a long time, I guess the 4pts play against Akron broke Shaka, he was never the same afterwards. Also the UNI half court buzzer beater, that one must hurt too.

He hasn’t been good in tournament for a long time, I guess the 4pts play against Akron broke Shaka, he was never the same afterwards. Also the UNI half court buzzer beater, that one must hurt too.

Not that I disagree, but why are you so hellbent on labeling every team but yours chokers? Funny thing is, I’m not sure any team has underachieved in the tourney more than Duke over the last decade.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I mean the bid thieves played a part, no question. I think though, in the end, the committee used that perfect storm of chaos as a way to exploit the situation they saw developing and disregard a conference they see as expendable and less profitable. We know the almighty dollar rules, I get it, but what they did was brutal, cold blooded and overall cowardly. Most of all it was unfair to a conference that has contributed significantly to the college basketball landscape since 1979.
If the decision was based on being expendable and less profitable then why did they put a bunch of teams from a watered down mountain West conference in the tournament? The whole thing makes no sense.

ADVERTISEMENT