ADVERTISEMENT

Which team were you most looking forward to?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
How did it work out?

I really looked forward to the Bam Fox Monk season.

4h3lqczdnqm21.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I was excited for the Wiggins/Embiid year. Started to look great midseason and ended with Embiid sitting out and Wiggins no-showing in the final game.

2008 and 2010 are the others that come to mind.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I want to disrespectively dunk on LeBron James when I come of age.

I was excited for the Wiggins/Embiid year. Started to look great midseason and ended with Embiid sitting out and Wiggins no-showing in the final game.

2008 and 2010 are the others that come to mind.
honestly, how much was you looking forward to last years team?

there's just no telling.

honestly, how much was you looking forward to last years team?

there's just no telling.

I had pretty high hopes going into the year. Brought most of the team back and added Martin and a decent class.

There were definitely moments throughout the year that I didn't think they were capable of winning it all, but I always thought they'd have a shot if Martin got healthy and back into the rotation in time.

How did it work out?

I really looked forward to the Bam Fox Monk season.

4h3lqczdnqm21.jpg
2013 team: Returned everyone off a Sw16 team. Preseason #1. Great season, tbh----but ended much sooner than it should have. Once I saw Cuse in our bracket, I knew we were in deeeeeeep shit. Really exposed Creans ineptness even more. You couldn't have put a better tem on the floor to dismantle a zone.....Fukin idiot.

I am looking forward to this years team more than any since 2013. Have the capabilities of being really, really good.

2013 team: Returned everyone off a Sw16 team. Preseason #1. Great season, tbh----but ended much sooner than it should have. Once I saw Cuse in our bracket, I knew we were in deeeeeeep shit. Really exposed Creans ineptness even more. You couldn't have put a better tem on the floor to dismantle a zone.....Fukin idiot.

I am looking forward to this years team more than any since 2013. Have the capabilities of being really, really good.
hell im looking forward to this years IUs team and im a "rival."

Honestly, I like Oregon bc of the cheerleaders and Sabrina Ionescu. I'm from Georgia but I hate all things the peach state where we stay. Nothin like that Georgia red clay.

1981-82 DePaul. Agguire, Cummings. Finished the regular season #1 in the USA. Promptly went out and lost in the first round of the tourny to St. Joes.

Next year rinse and repeat only Agguire was gone and the first round loss was to Boston College.

Easily the biggest collapse by a #1 seed in NCAA history. That 2 year run really puts Virginias 2 year run of 1st round collapse followed by national title in perspective.

1998 or 2011

We won a combined one NCAA Tournament game from 1995, 1996, and 1997. Was hungry to see a really good Duke team. Felt like the 98 team was going to be special. I was thinking about our '97 class just about everyday for months - Elton Brand, Shane Battier, and Chris Burgess, who were all 1st Team Parade All-Americans. And then there was William Avery, a 3rd Team Parade All-American. Easily the highest rated class in the country. And Battier and Brand both went on to win National Player of the Year Awards at Duke.

With Trajan Langdon, Roshown McLeod, Chris Carrawell, and Wojo returning, felt like the '98 team could be really special. And they were. Just choked in the last 10 minutes against Kentucky. I want to say it was 71-54 with under 10 minutes left against UK in the Regional Finals.

We won the national tile with the 3-headed monster of Jon Scheyer, Kyle Singler, and Nolan Smith. Singler and Smith both returned - and we were bringing in Kyrie Irving, who I thought was the best Duke recruit I had seen in my lifetime (never saw footage of Grant Hill as a recruit). I felt like we had 3 legitimate 1st Team All-American candidates, the likely #1 pick in the draft, and a really solid chance at repeating as National Champions. Plumlee brothers, Ryan Kelly, and Seth Curry were really good, too. Just had that darn Kyrie Irving toe injury, which mucked things up a bit. Still had a chance, but the continuity wasn't there.

Hansbrough and the boys senior year. Won it all. Junior year as well and they got smoked in the FF.

Brice Johnson and Paige senior season. Lost in finals.

The year after that. Won it all.

Hansbrough and the boys senior year. Won it all. Junior year as well and they got smoked in the FF.

Brice Johnson and Paige senior season. Lost in finals.

The year after that. Won it all.
Those were the ones that immediately came to mind. I also had really high hopes for 2012.

Yeah, that one for sure. That team was an all time favorite.

Same here. With Strickland and Marshall out we went as far as Stillman White took us.
With those two, a UK/UNC final would have been epic.....Probably the most anticipated title game ev ever. Because at 100%, that UNC team was just as good as UK.

The game they played earlier that year was on of the best games of the year imo.

It came down to a final shot/ block.
Fantastic game....If I recall, either MKG, or Davis---pretty sure it was AD, blocked Henson's shot with 3 seconds left? Awesome CBB game. IMO, UK/UNC were well above better than everyone else. A 100% UNC vs UK would have been dy-NO-mite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT