ADVERTISEMENT

Which Program(s) Do You Feel Don’t Get Enough Respect From Media, Fans, etc?

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
rodney-dangerfield-prince-of-one-liners.jpg

I’m not sure why, but Kansas seems to be up there for me. They’re doing well last half of the season, deep run into the tourney, but doesn’t seem like anyone’s really giving them a chance.

Could just be me though.

I’m not sure why, but Kansas seems to be up there for me. They’re doing well last half of the season, deep run into the tourney, but doesn’t seem like anyone’s really giving them a chance.

Could just be me though.
We have a really solid team with a couple pros. We are very susceptible to bad matchups. Def not a dominant team. I think Self, the players, and our fans are comfortable with the amount of attention we are getting. Hell, I hope we lay low and just take care of business. Providence will push us for sure and if we dont come out firing on all cylinders the year will be over.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Houston being a 5 seed was the biggest joke of the tournament. Should have been at least a 3, but they did get the San Antonio region so they can't complain too much.

I feel like KU is always the red-headed step child of the blue bloods. Duke, UNC & UK will always get more press, but I get it considering KU has had Roy and Self for the last 33 years and only have 1 title to show for it.
1:7 NC to F4 is a bad ratio.

Definitely UVA. We've absolutely run through the ACC the last 8-9 years. We've been a 1-seed four times since 2014. Add in a 2 seed, 4 seed and 5 seed during that time frame. We have multiple ACC regular season and conference championships and a national championship. And we're doing this in a conference with multiple blue bloods and several other historically good programs. We obviously have some epic postseason failures and I'm not discounting those. They are part of who we are. But all you hear from the media is that we're "bad for basketball" because of our style of play. We also do things probably as cleanly as any program in the country. Not many people have a single bad thing to say about Bennett the person. UVA has been a top 10 program the last decade but I doubt most people would label us that way. That's a lack of respect for sure.

Definitely UVA. We've absolutely run through the ACC the last 8-9 years. We've been a 1-seed four times since 2014. Add in a 2 seed, 4 seed and 5 seed during that time frame. We have multiple ACC regular season and conference championships and a national championship. And we're doing this in a conference with multiple blue bloods and several other historically good programs. We obviously have some epic postseason failures and I'm not discounting those. They are part of who we are. But all you hear from the media is that we're "bad for basketball" because of our style of play. We also do things probably as cleanly as any program in the country. Not many people have a single bad thing to say about Bennett the person. UVA has been a top 10 program the last decade but I doubt most people would label us that way. That's a lack of respect for sure.
That avatar is just too funny! jumpingsmile

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
Most of the media love comes from ESPN, so I’ll go with Villanova since they play on FOX and FS1. It’s the nature of the beast.

ADVERTISEMENT