ADVERTISEMENT

Which player seemed like they were competing in CBB the longest?

Which player seemed like they were competing in CBB the longest?

• Przemek Karnowski, Gonzaga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ethan Happ, Wisconsin

• John Fulkerson, Tennessee

• Total voters

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
I'd say there's a certainly a recency bias. It's hard to consider players from a previous generation. Guys like Mateen Cleaves, Juan Dixon, Kirk Hinrich, or JJ Redick have gotten older and have been out of our minds for a while. So, I'm only going to include those that have played semi-recently. Let me know who stands out the most - and who I'm missing.

Perry Ellis played at Kansas until he was forced to retire at 65. Rumor has it he tried to steal Self's toupee once and that was the last straw.

That's the way to do it. Give me youth - or get me the hell out of Lawrence!

Too bad NIL wasn't around them. One of those hair-growth companies could have used Perry Ellis as a spokesman. He could have been paid & we might have seen his hairline transformation over time.... either that, or get in touch with LeBron's agent.

That's the way to do it. Give me youth - or get me the hell out of Lawrence!

Too bad NIL wasn't around them. One of those hair-growth companies could have used Perry Ellis as a spokesman. He could have been paid & we might have seen his hairline transformation over time.... either that, or get in touch with LeBron's agent.
Exactly. Before I read the end of that sentence I was already prepared to respond with "LeBron got that deal instead." 🤣

I voted for Kihei Clark but I'm not convinced he was actually competing in CBB considering his final pass against Furman. That felt like point shaving. Would not surprise me if someone very close to him put down a massive ML bet on Furman.

Jemarl Baker is going into his 7th season. Literally. Kentucky, Zona, Fresno and now New Mexico.

Jemarl Baker is going into his 7th season. Literally. Kentucky, Zona, Fresno and now New Mexico.

That's wild. He was in the same class as Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. And before he finishes his collegiate career, SGA will have played 6 years in the NBA lol.

Psycho T.

I would have probably included him, had I made this poll about 10+ years ago. He definitely seemed like he was in Chapel Hill forever. Was excited to see him finally leave.

Mitch Lightfoot was at KU for 6-7 years

I was aware of the 6 years - and I even briefly considered him in my poll. Decided to leave him off, though, as I feel like he wasn't featured enough as a player to be super recognizable by most fans. 6 years at KU is pretty phenomenal, though.

If Tshiebwe returns, I'm pretty sure he'll have gray pubes before the Champions Classic tips off.

Reactions: Montana81
Before this recent covid debacle, had to be Acie Earl for Iowa, he had to be there 6 or 7 seasons.

Jess Settles is a runner up.

Really? Fox may be a top 15 player in the league now.
I'll take him as the 2 but let Ulis run the point all day, errrrday. In college anyway... NBA is a different story. Ulis just did so much that didn't show up on the stat line. Excellent floor general.

I have a feeling that Dajuan Harris might take old man Perry’s title. Already four years in (including a redshirt year) and he’ll probably be the starting PG for two more years.

I have a feeling that Dajuan Harris might take old man Perry’s title. Already four years in (including a redshirt year) and he’ll probably be the starting PG for two more years.
Who's Dejuan Harris? He should be noteworthy.
my bad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT