ADVERTISEMENT

What PC Incorrect terms did you grow up with?

PETA would disagree. Pansy can be used as a derogatory gender term when it's just a pretty flower.
PETA would disagree w/ what?
I'd say b/c it is a flower, "pansy" can be used to convey weakness w/o disparaging any gender. You're appropriating the name of a flower.

PETA would disagree w/ what?
I'd say b/c it is a flower, "pansy" can be used to convey weakness w/o disparaging any gender. You're appropriating the name of a flower.
PETA would disagree with using the term bitch for a female. People appropriate random terms to mean something else often thru societies. *** is a cigarette in the UK , **** is cool to say in Australia.

PETA would disagree with using the term bitch for a female. People appropriate random terms to mean something else often thru societies. *** is a cigarette in the UK , **** is cool to say in Australia.
It's best to ignore PETA completely.
Yeah, appropriating the name of a flower seems totally fine to me.
Cultural context matters.

I'm a 90's kid, so most of them. Still use a lot of them today. Big fan of the R word.

These are all tems/words/phrases I heard used all the time growing up that are offensive or racist. I used some myself, not really knowing any better. Some are still used today by people who probably don't even know they are offensive:

- eenie, meenie, miney, moe (do you know the rest of that saying kids used to use to determine who was not it?). It has been replaced with "tiger", but still....
- rule of thumb - certainly offensive if you understand the origin
- sold down the river - should be obvious
- gyp or gypped - obvious
- "no can do" or "Long time no see" - definitely derogatory
- paddy wagon - offensive if your Irish
- off the reservation - pretty obvious
- uppity - seems fine, but was used in the past with another word (starts with N)
- peanut gallery - really? Yes, look it up.

Oh, A few in there I don’t know… Time to Google!

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
That was gloriously awful.
Aussie's man. Point was their common use of "****" in the lyrics. The bass player is only original member and band has been around since 80's. Why it's hilarious they carry on like it's 25 years ago still. Majority of their songs raunchy punk rock.

CL14w6JVEAA2LJy.jpg

Myself and a friend got in trouble for calling a kid from India(somewhere like that) a monkey in 2nd grade.

The kid was literally acting like a monkey(ooh oh ah ah'ing, walking like one, scratching armpits, etc...) and throwing stuff at us during recess. We said something like leave us alone you stupid monkey and after we said that to him he run off and told on us. At the time I didn't realize why we were in trouble.

I would think it was entrapment, but looking back on it the kid had some type of mental issues.

Myself and a friend got in trouble for calling a kid from India(somewhere like that) a monkey in 2nd grade.

The kid was literally acting like a monkey(ooh oh ah ah'ing, walking like one, scratching armpits, etc...) and throwing stuff at us during recess. We said something like leave us alone you stupid monkey and after we said that to him he run off and told on us. At the time I didn't realize why we were in trouble.

I would think it was entrapment, but looking back on it the kid had some type of mental issues.

Grew up watching Archie Bunker. He insulted every ethnicity, race, religion, culture and gender. Show was meant to paint that mentality in a bad light but he became a beloved character.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
What a dumb thread lol I really hope these are the only people in America that feel this way. If not we’re screwed. Grow up ladies

Grew up watching Archie Bunker. He insulted every ethnicity, race, religion, culture and gender. Show was meant to paint that mentality in a bad light but he became a beloved character.
Yeah, beloved, but not, like, a role model or anything. I don't think he was intended to be negatively received, though. His daughter and Meathead were total caricatures.

Yeah, beloved, but not, like, a role model or anything. I don't think he was intended to be negatively received, though. His daughter and Meathead were total caricatures.

Meathead was a caricature but that dude is the same in real life

I remember we'd play smear the queer at recess with a football.
Are you implying they don't play that anymore? I'll be damned......lol.

That was the morning game outside as we waited for 1st bell in elementary/middle school......some wall ball as well and perhaps a little hackey sack circle to wind down, lol.

These are all tems/words/phrases I heard used all the time growing up that are offensive or racist. I used some myself, not really knowing any better. Some are still used today by people who probably don't even know they are offensive:

- eenie, meenie, miney, moe (do you know the rest of that saying kids used to use to determine who was not it?). It has been replaced with "tiger", but still....

Speaking of this one, did you see where that guy made a huge deal about a Walking Dead shirt? Caused them to completely remove the shirt.
Anyway the shirt basically was......
Eeeny meenie miny moe…..
Then under the slogan was a graphic with a bloddy baseball bat, wrapped with barbed wire (Lucille, for those that watch the show)

Then the guy goes on to say....

"The slogan is 'Eeeny meenie miny moe…..' It stops there, but of course we all know what the original said: 'catch a n***** by his toe.' The graphic has a large American baseball bat, wrapped round with barbed wire, and covered with blood. This image relates directly to the practice of assaulting black people in America. "It is directly threatening of a racist assault, and if I were black and were faced by a wearer I would know just where I stood."

Also need to point out that @TheDude1 stated a thread with the word "Man cave" and didn't use the term "Person Cave". Somewhere there is someone trying to figure out how to create an account just to tell you how much you offended them.

Speaking of this one, did you see where that guy made a huge deal about a Walking Dead shirt? Caused them to completely remove the shirt.
Anyway the shirt basically was......
Eeeny meenie miny moe…..
Then under the slogan was a graphic with a bloddy baseball bat, wrapped with barbed wire (Lucille, for those that watch the show)

Then the guy goes on to say....

"The slogan is 'Eeeny meenie miny moe…..' It stops there, but of course we all know what the original said: 'catch a n***** by his toe.' The graphic has a large American baseball bat, wrapped round with barbed wire, and covered with blood. This image relates directly to the practice of assaulting black people in America. "It is directly threatening of a racist assault, and if I were black and were faced by a wearer I would know just where I stood."
I only watched season 1. Is Lucille black? I guess I could see how that first line and then a symbol representing a black character could be taken that way... or was the guy complaining thinking it was just a random weapon to use for "catching" black people?

I only watched season 1. Is Lucille black? I guess I could see how that first line and then a symbol representing a black character could be taken that way... or was the guy complaining thinking it was just a random weapon to use for "catching" black people?

No. It's a baseball bat

...and the only minority I've seen it kill was an asian guy.

s-l300.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT