ADVERTISEMENT

What are your difficult non-con games?

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
Purdue has a challenging non-conference schedule again.

11/15 #2 Alabama
11/19 @#18 Marquette
11/28 Final Four rematch with KenPom #52 NC State
11/29 KenPom #21 BYU or KenPom #47 Ole Miss
12/14 #13 Texas A&M in Indy
12/21 #11 Auburn in Birmingham

That's quite the SEC run. We could play the preseason #1, #2, #5 and #9 teams in that conference. And 6 total P5 conference opponents. Anyone have more?

11/12 #23 Ky ( Champions Classic )
11/22 @ #10 Arizona
11/26 #1 Kansas ( Las Vegas )
12/4 #11 Auburn (ACC-SEC challenge )
2/22 #26 Illinois ( MSG )

Pretty robust November

Reactions: boilerzz
No one has a tougher non con schedule than Alabama:

@ Purdue
vs Illinois
vs Houston (in Vegas)
vs Rutgers (in Vegas)
@ UNC
vs Creighton

I mean, come on, that's crazy. Also in there are 2 true road games at Purdue and UNC.

Reactions: winin11
Kansas loses exhibition game against Arky by 16 points. I might have Kansas a little too high and Cals Razorbacks too low in my top 25.
Bama plays Memphis Monday the 28th in Huntsville in the last exhibition game. ESPN+

Kansas loses exhibition game against Arky by 16 points. I might have Kansas a little too high and Cals Razorbacks too low in my top 25.
Bama plays Memphis Monday the 28th in Huntsville in the last exhibition game. ESPN+
Don't read too much into charity exhibition games. Some coaches try to win. Some coaches play with different lineups so they know more about their team heading into the games that matter. Hell, a few years ago, Matt Painter asked Bob Huggins to have his team press the hell out of out guards to see how they'd respond.

I think most people have Arkansas too low, but judging KU by that game is foolish. They were without three key players that combined for 37 ppg in major conferences last year. One being an All American who makes a massive difference offensively. Plus their best shooter, plus their best defender and driver. KU had to give major minutes to guys who basically won't see the court this year, and Self didn't run any plays.

Sit Sears and another starter, plus another rotation guy, and go into that arena and see what happens. Somehow I don't think it would turn out too well for Alabama.

• Haha
Reactions: winin11
I think most people have Arkansas too low, but judging KU by that game is foolish. They were without three key players that combined for 37 ppg in major conferences last year. One being an All American who makes a massive difference offensively. Plus their best shooter, plus their best defender and driver. KU had to give major minutes to guys who basically won't see the court this year, and Self didn't run any plays.

Sit Sears and another starter, plus another rotation guy, and go into that arena and see what happens. Somehow I don't think it would turn out too well for Alabama.
Dang, you mad bro? It's just an exhibition game, don't get your panties in a wad. ......and Self didn't run any plays??😂

Dang, you mad bro? It's just an exhibition game, don't get your panties in a wad. ......and Self didn't run any plays??😂

No, I'm talking basketball and giving context. Last I checked, that's the purpose of this board.

And no, Self didn't run squat. As he said himself in the presser.

ADVERTISEMENT