ADVERTISEMENT

What a terrible person Coach K is.

Afamu

Feb 9, 2017
Always only thinking of himself. Probably why only 97 ex players showed up for his last game.

I just dont get some of you people at all. I understand hating the Coach you competed against, but not the man.

Marty Clark
about 2 weeks ago
As some of you may know Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K to you - I call him Coach) is coaching in his last game at Cameron Indoor Stadium tomorrow against North Carolina. As the all-time winningest coach in NCAA history, it would take a new coach to average 30 wins over a 40 year period to catch him. The amount of energy in that Stadium might blow the roof off. As big a game as this is to everyone, he’s not going to prepare for UNC any differently - it’s always the same.
I loved playing for him. As a player you always knew where you stood, you were always encouraged and played for the love for the game and each other - and never played out of fear. We always, always knew we had a chance to win every game we played (UNLV-Duke 91’).
The best coaching I received from him was not on the basketball court. I struggled with alcoholism for 2 decades before I sought help. I had been to treatment, been in and out of the rooms and couldn’t understand what was happening and began to not care at all…Relapsed, after relapse, after relapse I had become estranged from my wife and 2 kids. Life was shitty. Coach called me one day in the summer of 2014. He had known through my wife and his daughter Debbie Krzyzewski SavarinoI I wasn’t doing well at all. I questioned him as a good alcoholic would “who did you hear that from?” There was a long pause and I knew I needed to make a change right then and there. I hated that it was him to be that guy, I always wanted him to know that I was doing great. I couldn’t imagine disappointing him. Ever.
This was the one man I could not lie to, and the one man I trusted implicitely. I was embarrassed, angry, heartbroken all in the same moment. He wanted nothing from me but to know that I was loved and that whatever I was struggling with I didn’t have to do it alone. With his support I am closing in on 7 of years sobriety. And to this day I’m convinced this doesn’t happen without his phone call. Love this guy.
Go Duke.

He, like the OP, is a douche of the highest order.

1. He wants to portray himself as a holy/religious man...keeps a rosary in his pocket, all the while letting the profanity fly all game long at the refs.
  2. He bitches and yells at his own fans...we've seen a number of instances.
  3. He has talked down, belittled writers for Dook's student newspaper.
  4. He lectures players of other teams (Dylan Brooks- Oregon) on how he thinks they should act and then lies about saying anything of the sort (despite audio/video evidence proving otherwise)
  5. Has spent more time running his yap at refs over the years than actual in-game coaching.
  6. Has been consistently teaching the art of flopping (we've all seen this play out over his career)
  7. He certainly made his final year about him. Roy W. did it right, retired in the offseason rather than doing some farewell season expecting everyone to kiss his ass.
To hell with the guy. He is Satan, after all. Good F'n riddance.

1. He wants to portray himself as a holy/religious man...keeps a rosary in his pocket, all the while letting the profanity fly all game long at the refs.
  4. He lectures players of other teams (Dylan Brooks- Oregon) on how he thinks they should act and then lies about saying anything of the sort (despite audio/video evidence proving otherwise)
  5. Has spent more time running his yap at refs over the years than actual in-game coaching.
  6. Has been consistently teaching the art of flopping (we've all seen this play out over his career)
  7. He certainly made his final year about him. Roy W. did it right, retired in the offseason rather than doing some farewell season expecting everyone to kiss his ass.

I take back what I said about you last week. You're a helluva poster!

And he cheats..........pretty good at it, too.

I think it's comical how people like to look at individuals like they're completely good or completely bad.

Yes, Coach K has a lot of bad qualities. But, it's not like he's devoid of good qualities. As Solzhenitsyn would tell us, the battle between good and evil runs through the heart of every man.

See Duke fans, even one of your own admits K is a piece of shiit.

You need some thick skin to play for K. I think he's mellowed out a little over the years, but he's probably only a notch below Knight when it comes to verbal abuse.

yes, it's very common for retirees to throw a party for themselves
I get he is a rival and all, but begrudging him a retirement celebration seems pretty petty.

As Solzhenitsyn would tell us
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I sat with Coach K at a AAU game a long time ago. I found him to be one fine fellow with a locker room tongue. Of course I worked for the railroad and railroad workers teach sailors how to cuss so his language did not bother me. He also is very bright and likable.

I don't root for Duke but you probably could not have a better dude to run with than Coach K.

I hate unc just as much as duke but Roy did the retirement thing much better than coach K
Your statement doesn't make complete sense. You think Roy just up and retiring was better because you don't like Coach K? If you stop and think about it, a coach just retiring could have hurt recruiting. UNC only had 2 recruits (I think), so it didn't hurt them, but with other coaches just up and leaving, kids will often times open up their recruitment.

Coach K, with his military background wanted to have a succession plan in place before retiring. It would have been a bad thing for him to recruit for next season if he knew he was not coming back. Kids would have been blindsided by that, which absolutely could/would have hurt the signed players.

This allowed Scheyer to recruit for his team next season, something that kids and parents would respect more than a coach lying to them knowing he wasn't coaching next season.

Having a succession plan in place was the right thing to do.

And he cheats like all the other coaches and lets the ass. coaches do the dirty work so he can look like he is goody too shoes.

Your statement doesn't make complete sense. You think Roy just up and retiring was better because you don't like Coach K? If you stop and think about it, a coach just retiring could have hurt recruiting. UNC only had 2 recruits (I think), so it didn't hurt them, but with other coaches just up and leaving, kids will often times open up their recruitment.

Coach K, with his military background wanted to have a succession plan in place before retiring. It would have been a bad thing for him to recruit for next season if he knew he was not coming back. Kids would have been blindsided by that, which absolutely could/would have hurt the signed players.

This allowed Scheyer to recruit for his team next season, something that kids and parents would respect more than a coach lying to them knowing he wasn't coaching next season.

Having a succession plan in place was the right thing to do.
How about that. An objective reasonable analysis.

Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT