ADVERTISEMENT

West Coast Teams, how do they fair in round 1?

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
While it was a top heavy PAC 12 season, the west coast as a whole got 11 teams in the tourney which is pretty good. 3 PAC 12, 3 WCC 4 MWC and of course 1 Big West Team. Colorado and Oregon really screwed themselves. Both had enough talent but were very inconsistent and no key OOC wins. How do you think these teams fair in round 1?

PAC 12:
1 Arizona vs TBD 16 seed
4 UCLA vs 13 Akron -13.5
7 USC vs 10 Miami -1.5

WCC:
1 Gonzaga vs 16 Georgia State -23.5
5 St Mary's vs 12 Wyoming/Indiana
10 USF vs 7 Murray State +1.5

MWC:
8 Boise St vs 9 Memphis Pickem?
6 Colorado St vs 11 Michigan +2.5
8 San Diego State vs 9 Creighton -2.5
12 Wyoming vs 12 Indiana +3.5

Big West:
15 Cal State Fullerton vs 2 Duke +18.5

I like all 3 PAC teams to win their first game. USC vs Miami is a very interesting first round game. I see the WCC getting 2/3 into the second round. Either USF or St Mary's wins their round 1 game, but all 3 could win. I think USF is better than Murray State and I think Indiana will be tough for St Mary's. I think Boise and SDSU win while Colorado St and Wyoming lose. I like Boise since the game is in Portland. Easy travel for boise and the Gonzaga fans will be rooting for them too because of Leon Rice. The Colorado St line interests me though. MWC vs a major team, 6 v 11 games are essentially toss ups now and UM is getting 2.5. I think if Vegas really thought Michigan would win then this line would be higher. I don't think Fullerton covers vs Duke.

Last edited:
Bump

Also I forgot about New Mexico State out of the WAC
12 NMSU vs 5 UCONN + 6.5

New Mexico is due to win one of these games eventually. Metrics say not this year though.

While it was a top heavy PAC 12 season, the west coast as a whole got 11 teams in the tourney which is pretty good. 3 PAC 12, 3 WCC 4 MWC and of course 1 Big West Team. Colorado and Oregon really screwed themselves. Both had enough talent but were very inconsistent and no key OOC wins. How do you think these teams fair in round 1?

PAC 12:
1 Arizona vs TBD 16 seed
4 UCLA vs 13 Akron -13.5
7 USC vs 10 Miami -1.5

WCC:
1 Gonzaga vs 16 Georgia State -23.5
5 St Mary's vs 12 Wyoming/Indiana
10 USF vs 7 Murray State +1.5

MWC:
8 Boise St vs 9 Memphis Pickem?
6 Colorado St vs 11 Michigan +2.5
8 San Diego State vs 9 Creighton -2.5
12 Wyoming vs 12 Indiana +3.5

Big West:
15 Cal State Fullerton vs 2 Duke +18.5

I like all 3 PAC teams to win their first game. USC vs Miami is a very interesting first round game. I see the WCC getting 2/3 into the second round. Either USF or St Mary's wins their round 1 game, but all 3 could win. I think USF is better than Murray State and I think Indiana will be tough for St Mary's. I think Boise and SDSU win while Colorado St and Wyoming lose. I like Boise since the game is in Portland. Easy travel for boise and the Gonzaga fans will be rooting for them too because of Leon Rice. The Colorado St line interests me though. MWC vs a major team, 6 v 11 games are essentially toss ups now and UM is getting 2.5. I think if Vegas really thought Michigan would win then this line would be higher. I don't think Fullerton covers vs Duke.
You are underestimating Murray st. uSF has gotten a lot tread out of BS metrics and I get why a Gonzaga fan wants to boost them as much as possible but don’t be downing on the team with the longest win streak in the country currently

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You are underestimating Murray st. uSF has gotten a lot tread out of BS metrics and I get why a Gonzaga fan wants to boost them as much as possible but don’t be downing on the team with the longest win streak in the country currently
I mean of course I'm rooting for USF. I root for all western teams in the Tourney. I think I was pretty fair in saying that I think the WCC will get 2 teams in the round of 32. I think I like USF over Murray State over St Mary's over Indiana, who looked pretty good in their conference tournament.

I mean of course I'm rooting for USF. I root for all western teams in the Tourney. I think I was pretty fair in saying that I think the WCC will get 2 teams in the round of 32. I think I like USF over Murray State over St Mary's over Indiana, who looked pretty good in their conference tournament.
Murray st. Going to give Kentucky all it can handle in that round of 32 game. USF just not athletic enough while Murray has athletes. I watched both usf games verses Gonzaga this year and usf was completely our classed at Every spot. They aren’t very good

Murray st. Going to give Kentucky all it can handle in that round of 32 game. USF just not athletic enough while Murray has athletes. I watched both usf games verses Gonzaga this year and usf was completely our classed at Every spot. They aren’t very good
Should be a great game. Still going with USF but won't be surprised if Murray wins.

USF's starting Center is out for the game against Murray State. Most likely I'll change my pick to Murray now.

I’ve got USC, Wyoming, New Mexico State, and Cal State Fullerton losing in round 1. All the rest of the west coast teams advancing.

But that USF center news is concerning.

USF without Massalski is a crushing blow. The dropoff between him and USF's next big is substantial.

ADVERTISEMENT