ADVERTISEMENT

Wait, there is not a team in the NCAA with more quad 1 wins

They get Tennessee in the semi finals.

If UT loses at Auburn on Saturday, that puts an even bigger dent in their resume, which is already not 1 seed worthy.

If UK loses to UT by a point, they'll certainly move UK off the 1 line.

As it probably should. I’m not really sure what point you are trying to make? If UK loses twice in the last two weeks of the season to a team that isn’t good enough to be a 1 seed, they shouldn’t be a 1 seed. Conversely if they win the SECT they will likely be a 1 seed, or the highest 2 at worst and play in the South.

As it probably should. I’m not really sure what point you are trying to make? If UK loses twice in the last two weeks of the season to a team that isn’t good enough to be a 1 seed, they shouldn’t be a 1 seed. Conversely if they win the SECT they will likely be a 1 seed, or the highest 2 at worst and play in the South.
Winning the SECT doesn't matter. That much has been proven in the past over and over.

However, getting to the finals in the SECT is a different story.

The point I was making is UK's resume would still be better than Tennessee's even if UT beats UK in the SECT (assuming UT loses at Auburn on Saturday). But I'm thinking the committee will swap UT and UK if UK loses that game even though results in the SECT aren't supposed to matter according to some.

They really need to move the SECT back a day. The real loser would be LSU though. If they win out, theoretically they should be in line for a 1 seed or a high 2 seed. But the committee won't care if they win the SECT and the teams they will have played to get to the finals are not good enough to make a difference.

They get Tennessee in the semi finals.

If UT loses at Auburn on Saturday, that puts an even bigger dent in their resume, which is already not 1 seed worthy.

If UK loses to UT by a point, they'll certainly move UK off the 1 line.
So if LSU beats either one what will they get ? I'll tell you a big fat nothing. So why even play the games. They are meaningless and the committee will likely not change anything if either win or lose.

So if LSU beats either one what will they get ? I'll tell you a big fat nothing. So why even play the games. They are meaningless and the committee will likely not change anything if either win or lose.
No, the SECT matters. What doesn't seem to have any bearing on the selection committee is the fact that UK has been in 4,000,000,000+ final fours.:)

It's silly to suggest the SECT doesn't matter. Those wins and losses get counted as part of every team's resume, just like regular season wins and losses. I'd argue more so, because of inherent recency bias. The only game they don't factor in is the championship game, for logistical reasons. If you want that to count, move your tournament up like everyone else has over the last decade.

It's silly to suggest the SECT doesn't matter. Those wins and losses get counted as part of every team's resume, just like regular season wins and losses. I'd argue more so, because of inherent recency bias. The only game they don't factor in is the championship game, for logistical reasons. If you want that to count, move your tournament up like everyone else has over the last decade.

We’ve been complaining about the final being on Sundays for year now. The SEC makes more money off that game being on Sunday so they won’t do it. Sucks being a basketball school in a football conference.

I think I’d rather just throw the game Saturday and take the extra day of rest at this point.

You"ll be able to move up to a 2 seed if you win on Saturday and the 1st 2 games of the SECT.

UK's path to win the SECT is very tough: South Carolina, Tennessee, LSU

Reactions: Tigerocker
We’ve been complaining about the final being on Sundays for year now. The SEC makes more money off that game being on Sunday so they won’t do it. Sucks being a basketball school in a football conference.

I think I’d rather just throw the game Saturday and take the extra day of rest at this point.
But, do you complain in writing?
nono.gif

Reactions: Montana81

Interesting take. Call everyone's bluff and just forfeit the game. Either the NCAA committee will start to acknowledge the game, or the SEC will move the tournament. Unless you're like 34-0, I don't see much harm in it.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I agree with you.

I like the SECT, it helps to prepare teams for tournament play.

But the SEC is a boneheaded organization. They need to move the tournament back one day. I think it would make a difference, especially for a team in LSU's position position. If the beat UT or UK in the finals, that's a heck of a statement win, but by the time that game is played on Sunday, it's too late, the committee is already committed to their seeds and placements.

Reactions: Tigerocker

Lose that game and you"ll have to beat Duke or UNC in the Elite 8 in Louisville if you make it to the Elite 8, do you really want that?

If you beat UT in the SECT, UK will likely be the #1 Seed in the Midwest and their #2 Seed might be Michigan or MSU and their path is a lot easier.

Reactions: Dward13
Lose that game and you"ll have to beat Duke or UNC in the Elite 8 in Louisville if you make it to the Elite 8, do you really want that?

If you beat UT in the SECT, UK will likely be the #1 Seed in the Midwest and their #2 Seed might be Michigan or MSU and their path is a lot easier.

You gotta beat someone eventually anyways.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Those engines on the A-10’s are the same ones I worked on when I was in the Navy. They didn’t sound like a fighter jet but I worked on S-3’s.
The A-10 definitely isn't a fighter, they were designed solely for air-to-ground combat, mainly as tank busters with 30mm depleted uranium armor piercing incendiary rounds. Top speed is barely over 400 MPH. Compare to a true air-to-air fighter like the F-16 which is top speed of 1,500 MPH and unmatched maneuverability. They were made to dogfight, although they never have to because nobody has the balls or the air power to go against them, so they basically just bomb the shit out of ground targets all the time.

Interesting take. Call everyone's bluff and just forfeit the game. Either the NCAA committee will start to acknowledge the game, or the SEC will move the tournament. Unless you're like 34-0, I don't see much harm in it.
The committee definitely has their minds made up before the championship is even played on Sunday. I think the only thing that would change it would be if an underdog that wouldn't have been been an at large team steals the auto bid, then they obviously have to move some teams around. I think they made it pretty obvious in 2016 when UK and TAMU finished with identical 26-8 (13-5) records, UK beat A&M in the SECT final, A&M got a 3 seed and UK a 4. Those seed lines were locked in before that game even took place, no doubt in my mind. It's the SEC's fault though. The selection show basically starts right after the game ends.

The committee definitely has their minds made up before the championship is even played on Sunday. I think the only thing that would change it would be if an underdog that wouldn't have been been an at large team steals the auto bid, then they obviously have to move some teams around. I think they made it pretty obvious in 2016 when UK and TAMU finished with identical 26-8 (13-5) records, UK beat A&M in the SECT final, A&M got a 3 seed and UK a 4. Those seed lines were locked in before that game even took place, no doubt in my mind. It's the SEC's fault though. The selection show basically starts right after the game ends.

Yeah, but I could see them not liking that move and trying to make a statement by penalizing a team for it.

UVA and Michigan State both have 11 Quad 1 wins. Kentucky only has 10

11 > 10

ADVERTISEMENT