ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UCLA to the B1G?

Yeah, it would be ideal. They are so good in football they still dominate there and now they have three of the bluebloods in basketball and with the way the conference has improved in basketball recently anyway they would be the best there as well.

Some have said the BOR or whatever group is in charge won't allow UNC to move without State because they know no one wants them so are going to try and piggyback on UNC. That could be the one hangup. Why would anyone want State for anything??

Yeah, it would be ideal. They are so good in football they still dominate there and now they have three of the bluebloods in basketball and with the way the conference has improved in basketball recently anyway they would be the best there as well.

Some have said the BOR or whatever group is in charge won't allow UNC to move without State because they know no one wants them so are going to try and piggyback on UNC. That could be the one hangup. Why would anyone want State for anything??
I'd take State just to get UNC.

As long as no current members get booted, this is how it's going to work out.

SEC
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
MIZZOU
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vandy
Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Mississippi
Mississippi St
Texas AM
----------------
Texas
Oklahoma
Florida St
Clemson
North Carolina
Miami

B1G
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
Mich St
Ohio St
Penn St
Rutgers
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
---------------
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Notre Dame
Washington
Virginia or VT. I'm guessing Virginia

Two 20 team super conferences. It's like a nightclub, not everybody is getting in.

Who gobbles up who and which conferences survive after that is just leftovers. The only good news for Louisville is that they will probably get to go back to playing Cincy and WVU every year and have a nice basketball slate. Big 12 teams will be split up between the PAC and ACC.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I can see UNC, UVA and duke to the Big 10 and UNC, FSU and Clemson to the SEC. I don't know if Notre Dame becoming a full member can save the ACC or not but I think the College Football Play will go to 12 teams. If there's 2 super conferences and 8 slots in the playoff, that's not gonna sit well with with the teams left out.

thats-hot-hot.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Sad to see the LA schools kill the PAC. Ton of history and tradition out the door.

PAC is likely done. Most members are evaluating their other options

Larry Scott did it. The BIG was trying to carry the PAC but instead he did NDs bidding and the conference suffered

Looks like 2 super conferences in the making

That's where this has been heading for a while. I thought we had more time but apparently not. Oregon, Washington and Stanford could very well jump ship next. PAC 12 could add a few MWC schools and have a competitive conference but it's going to fall behind in TV revenue.

This. This is not good for college sports IMO.
It’s going to eventually turn away a lot of people. Then there is going to be a lot of unhappy fan bases because a there is 10 teams per conference that have national championship hopes every year. Someone has to lose.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Would the Big East welcome back it’s old pals Boston College, Pitt, and Syracuse? Asking for a friend. Eyeroll

I'd say it's not good for college basketball schools that don't have great football programs (Kansas, Duke, etc.) But we will see what happens.
I think both are fine. Some teams may get left behind but as a whole college athletics will be just fine. But I get people being scared of change.

It’s going to eventually turn away a lot of people. Then there is going to be a lot of unhappy fan bases because a there is 10 teams per conference that have national championship hopes every year. Someone has to lose.

It's already like this, only it's about 7-8 teams.

@coryfly @lurkeraspect84

I know it is a pipe dream but you have to think it should at least be considered. When the universities break away from the ncaa, basketball will be worth more.

Big ten can add USC/UCLA/Notre dame but SEC will still be king.

The football playoffs will likely be 8 teams eventually. Realistically the SEC can expect to get 4 teams at most. Florida, UGA, Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, A&M and Ole Miss competitive enough.

Feel like the SEC would take great pride in dominating the 2 major sports.
Don’t forget Clemson.

I mean at some point it’s not smart to add so many good football teams. There is going to be a lot of unhappy fan bases.

perhaps the SEC decides to dominate basketball too. Adding KU and UNC adds some rest weeks in football and gives the SEC to be the most dominant conference in all football and basketball.
KU offers nothing but hoops.

It sounds like Arizona, Arizona St, Utah, and Colorado will be meeting with the Big 12 tomorrow.

I'm guessing if word comes in that Oregon, Washington and Stanford are headed to the Big Ten, those 4 are going to pull the trigger and move to the Big 12. Not sure what Cal, OSU or WSU can do. Cal might have an outside shot at the Big Ten because of their academic prowess but it's not looking good.

Reactions: englandnu
I'm guessing if word comes in that Oregon, Washington and Stanford are headed to the Big Ten, those 4 are going to pull the trigger and move to the Big 12. Not sure what Cal, OSU or WSU can do. Cal might have an outside shot at the Big Ten because of their academic prowess but it's not looking good.
Personally, I hope B1G takes Cal. I like Wilcox and Cal gave Wisconsin AR12.

Reactions: duckboy33
Yep, everything is up in the air. Very odd times.

Reactions: duckboy33
Rumors floating around that ND isn't going anywhere.

Big 12 looking to add Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon and Washington.

Rumors floating around that ND isn't going anywhere.

Big 12 looking to add Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, Oregon and Washington.
Figured the Pac 12 and Big 12 would try to merge. Smart move. Would make 17 along with UC, UCF, and Houston. Wazzou, OSU, Stanford, and Cal left out in the cold. 😂

Figured the Pac 12 and Big 12 would try to merge. Smart move. Would make 17 along with UC, UCF, and Houston.

Those 6 will get them up to 18. I don't think Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State are currently in talks with the Big 12.

Those 6 will get them up to 18. I don't think Stanford, Cal, Oregon State or Washington State are currently in talks with the Big 12.
Big 12 minus Texas and Oklahoma makes 8, plus the 6 Pac teams mentioned, plus UC, UCF, and Houston makes 17. Who am I missing?

ADVERTISEMENT