ADVERTISEMENT

UNC is still the team from most of last year

Disagree. Nance comes close to filling that void. Along with the growth of the returning players, this team will be just fine come March.

Nance 6'11 230 - 50%, 35%, 12.3 pts, 5.9 reb, 2 assists, 1.4 blks
Manek 6'9 230 - 49%, 40%, 15.1 pts, 6.1 reb, 1.8 assists, 0.7 blks
Absolutely foolish.

North Caroline will make the tournament, I think. But the ACC is SO bad - they’ve got Duke (who knows how that win would even look on a resume come March at this point), Virginia, and then Michigan and Ohio State to get some quality wins before things get DICEY.

I don't see how they win any of those games but thought the same last year. Not sure if they look worse or not than then but they are bad. All of the things that a bad fundamental team does are things they do. Can't create shoots for anyone, give up tons of points in the paint, don't rebound, can't defend, don't move without the ball, etc.... And it seems those in the program don't really think there is a problem.

Unc may not make the tourney. They are awful. The fact KU only beat them by 3 is the most embarrassing KU moment since bucknell in 05. Your team is trash.

UNC will make the tourney but it’ll be a 1 and done thing but it’s still early. Did a UNC fan bully you back in the day, take your lunch or stuffed you in a locker? Borderline creepy dude.

I wonder if the rumors were true that Roy was heavily involved down the stretch last year?

Carolina will right the ship. They're just in some rough waters right now. They're still on the emotional high from sending K to his cave a loser in his last two biggest games.

Duke fans probably generally feel kind of crappy about themselves just because of who they are but this should legit make them feel even worse. This team totally embarrassing your program twice last year is brutal.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Unc may not make the tourney. They are awful. The fact KU only beat them by 3 is the most embarrassing KU moment since bucknell in 05. Your team is trash.
Last year we beat the hell out of UNC. If they hadn't had Manek throwing in some 3's we would have beaten them by 40 pts instead of 20. That said, they came back later in the year and went deep in the NCAA. So, UNC is going to do what UNC is going to do.

Duke fans probably generally feel kind of crappy about themselves just because of who they are but this should legit make them feel even worse. This team totally embarrassing your program twice last year is brutal.
Meh. It was bad in the moment, but the athletic department did what they had to do and helped K decide it was time to “retire.”

This is like trash talking Slovenia for some Austro-Hungarian Empire bullshit.

Fair, but no Manek this year, and some posters on this board said he was their most important player during that run...

This obviously isn't the same unc team that beat Duke twice at the end of last year. You have last year to celebrate over Duke. Don't try to make yourself feel better by conflating the situations. Sounds like unc fans are still on that emotional high as well.

This obviously isn't the same unc team that beat Duke twice at the end of last year. You have last year to celebrate over Duke. Don't try to make yourself feel better by conflating the situations. Sounds like unc fans are still on that emotional high as well.

Have to try something.

I thought UNCs guards were trash most of the year last year, but just got hot at the right time. Caleb Love jacking up 36 shots in one game hasn't changed my view.

Reactions: tw3301
Honestly, it probably took some of the joy out of the coming seasons. How can it get much better? If they would've beat KU, would've been as good as it gets. Also, no Roy and K definitely takes some time getting used to. I was lucky to experience a lot of Dean, but Roy is the GOAT of Carolina when it comes to the games played on the court. Losing him and K just kind of sucks.

Last edited:
What does last year have to do with this year? And you sure do post a lot more about Duke than you used to.

And you are the ones stuck with HD and Deputy Dawg following you around the country because Wanda is an old hag.

I thought UNCs guards were trash most of the year last year, but just got hot at the right time. Caleb Love jacking up 36 shots in one game hasn't changed my view.
This. One 5 game winning streak doesn't make you a #1 team, especially with who they played. And I do realize they beat Duke.

But that was last year.

Reactions: RipThru
What does last year have to do with this year? And you sure do post a lot more about Duke than you used to.

And you are the ones stuck with HD and Deputy Dawg following you around the country because Wanda is an old hag.

Calling someone else obsessed when your handle is Afamu and your life's mission is to denigrate UNC at every opportunity. You never fail to amuse. 😂

Calling someone else obsessed when your handle is Afamu and your life's mission is to denigrate UNC at every opportunity. You never fail to amuse. 😂
Are saying only one person on the planet can be obsessed with something? Can he not be obsessed as well?

Are saying only one person on the planet can be obsessed with something? Can he not be obsessed as well?

Am I not allowed to be amused? A munchkin has the right to call Dorothy short too, but it would be pretty funny.

I have watched exactly zero Duke games this year so not sure that is obsessed. May watch tonight though to check out how Scheyer does things though.

This. One 5 game winning streak doesn't make you a #1 team, especially with who they played. And I do realize they beat Duke.

But that was last year.
They beat #4( 1 seed) Baylor
#11( 4 seed) UCLA
#9( 2 seed) Duke...

Hubert has done a terrible job coaching this team so far this year. Its fair to wonder whether he"ll be a one hit wonder like Bill Guthridge was with UNC and Kevin Ollie with UConn.

Reactions: ThePhog08
I think we need to consider the idea that the tourney run was as much a product of a weak path as it was them playing better.

I mean they were definitely playing better but they drew an injury ravaged 1 seed, a ucla team that was overrated and propped up by a weak pac 12 and st. peter’s.

Duke was probably the only legit threat they played till the final.

Ofcourse they also had Kansas on the ropes in the title game so i don’t know.

That said bad coaches make the final four. It happens. John Brady, Paul Hewitt, Shaka Smart…Kevin Ollie won a championship for ****s sake.

Carolina fans, how much time did that title appearance buy Davis if it does indeed turn out to be a fluke?

I think we need to consider the idea that the tourney run was as much a product of a weak path as it was them playing better.

I mean they were definitely playing better but they drew an injury ravaged 1 seed, a ucla team that was overrated and propped up by a weak pac 12 and st. peter’s.

That said bad coaches make the final four. It happens. John Brady, Paul Hewitt, Shaka Smart…Kevin Ollie won a championship for ****s sake.

Carolina fans, how much time did that title appearance buy Davis if it does indeed turn out to be a fluke?

Weak path? It wouldn’t have been weak had UK played better, also they beat the #1 seed in that region and the #4 seed. It’s called survive and advance for a reason. The path became easy because the top 2 seeds in that region lost. Right now UNC is sucking bad so I’m going to say it again, plenty of games to be played.

Weak path? It wouldn’t have been weak had UK played better, also they beat the #1 seed in that region and the #4 seed. It’s called survive and advance for a reason. The path became easy because the top 2 seeds in that region lost. Right now UNC is sucking bad so I’m going to say it again, plenty of games to be played.

But my question. How long?

LOL. An 8 seed with an easy path to the title game? Ridiculous.

Baylor was still solid even with the injuries, UCLA was the same team that went to the final four the year before, and Duke was probably the most talented team in the country.

I don't really agree with the weak path angle and I'm probably as anti-Hubert as they come.

It's tough to answer your question though because my opinion on that is not UNC's opinion. OTOH, I don't think Bubba had much say in hiring him so IDK. It definitely buys him time though. Guthridge made the Final Four twice in three years and retired so you can't really judge things based on his tenure.

Reactions: Montana81
So... you are saying the path wasn't weak if other teams that were better made it into our path? Um... lol. That's not an argument against it not being a weak path. That's an argument that we didn't have a weak bracket. You can have the best team in the world in your bracket set up to play you, but if a bad team beats them there "just one time" luckily the game before, then you got the lucky team in your path, not the best team in the world.

We benefitted a little bit from a weak path, but we also benefitted from teams that let us play in our comfort zone. Besides Baylor and Kansas 2nd halves, no one pressured us. And pressuring us was clearly a very easy blueprint to beat us, especially when refs were swallowing the whistles like they did for most of those halves.

Our guards don't like to move the ball via the pass and want to dribble through it, which causes turnovers and that pressure to excel versus them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT