ADVERTISEMENT

There are seven 27-game winners in major conference basketball...

and 4 of the 7 are in the ACC. That's nuts.

29 wins - UVA
28 wins - Duke, Tennessee
27 wins - FSU, UNC, Michigan, Kentucky

Well, aside from being good, it probably also indicates the bottom of the league sucks.

The ACC has 6 schools under .500. It's certainly a factor.

I think a better indicator might be the middle of conferences. Wheres the meat. Is that a bunch of teams whove beaten up on each other, or is it a lot of mediocrity?

He’s just making himself look foolish. The top 4 of the ACC beat the regular season champ or co-champ of the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, A-10, and Gonzaga.

Actually you’re making yourself look foolish, as I never said they weren’t good. In fact, I said they are good in that very post. BUT when you have a disproportionate number of bad teams at the bottom, it does allow you to pad your record a bit, doesn’t it?

Actually you’re making yourself look foolish, as I never said they weren’t good. In fact, I said they are good in that very post. BUT when you have a disproportionate number of bad teams at the bottom, it does allow you to pad your record a bit, doesn’t it?

That’s the point. There’s no disproportionate number of bad teams. On top of that, with the unbalanced schedule some teams only play once and have to play the hard teams twice.

How much better he Florida State than last year? Wasn’t scared for that game last year.

There are 2 teams I don’t want to play in the NCAAT, UNC and Michigan. Not sure how UM compares to their team last year, but they looked a lot like FSU to me with better perimeter shooters. As far as FSU goes, its hard to say. FSU doesn’t have guys like Savoy and Cofer jacking up 20+ points on a given night but, any one of 10 players can go for double digit scoring in any given game. Our starting center, CK, is playing the best ball of his career by far. His backup, FI, is probably our best player.

He’s just making himself look foolish. The top 4 of the ACC beat the regular season champ or co-champ of the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, A-10, and Gonzaga.
Which 1? 3 of those conferences had splits didn’t they?

ACC has the feel of the Big East before football ruined that great league. Definitely a made for TV league with a lot going on top to bottom.

Reactions: GE Nole
ADVERTISEMENT