ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech vs Kansas

Laughing I admit the loss to KU in that 35-2 game put me on tilt... been down hill from there. But you Jayhawk fans that used location as a recruiting excuse don't get a pass.
It is. You have a lot of programs to compete with but not the name

Laughing I admit the loss to KU in that 35-2 game put me on tilt... been down hill from there. But you Jayhawk fans that used location as a recruiting excuse don't get a pass.

KU recruits well. They have always recruited well since the Roy Williams era and location can take a hike in this conversation. If you are a team who is sitting at or near the top of college basketball year after year, recruiting well comes with the territory.

Reactions: KUhawks34

Keep me outta that "you Kansas fans". I just said you hadn't been to LFK and any position you take is ill-informed. Football Saturdays be damned

Meh, I’d like to see our football program improve, but I’d rather be a one trick pony and be really good at it, than being meh in everything.

To each their own.

I'd rather be competitive at everything every year, rather than winning one national championship in one sport every 35 years, and being terrible at everything else.

The old doogie died when we shot 2 free throws to your 35....

giphy.gif

I'll recover one of these days.
RIP

Not to mention, as bad as the football program is, we still enjoyed an Orange Bowl win within the last decade and a hell of an entertaining team for several years.

Reactions: KisteK
To each their own.

I'd rather be competitive at everything every year, rather than winning one national championship in one sport every 35 years, and being terrible at everything else.

Seriously? You'd give your left nut for ONE national title in anything that matters. Hell, even a Helms. RollLaugh

To each their own.

I Googled WVU National Championships. Other than a great rifle team (I'd really like to know how many teams compete, BTW no troll) WVU athletic department has been on a drought since 1942. KU OTOH has 10 and only three of those are basketball. Kinda crushes yet another one of your narratives.

We've also been nationally competitive in WVB recently.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
Seriously? You'd give your left nut for ONE national title in anything that matters. Hell, even a Helms. RollLaugh

I want a championship bad, can't deny that.

Still... seen WVU football play for 2 NC's in my lifetime and win 3 BCS bowl games. Always in the top 25.

Seen WVU basketball go to a Final Four, win a Big East Tourney at MSG, go to multiple elite 8's and sweet 16's. Always in the top 25.

It would be hard to only have a couple months to look forward to every year as a college sports fan... and all but one of them end in disappointment in my lifetime.

Congrats to Javon Carter on his career at WVU. It's fun watching a player stay for 4 years and in his final season be considered one of the best players in the Big 12. KU had one last year in Frank Mason and Huggins has the same thing in Carter.

I want a championship bad, can't deny that.

Still... seen WVU football play for 2 NC's in my lifetime and win 3 BCS bowl games. Always in the top 25.

Seen WVU basketball go to a Final Four, win a Big East Tourney at MSG, go to multiple elite 8's and sweet 16's. Always in the top 25.

It would be hard to only have a couple months to look forward to every year as a college sports fan... and all but one of them end in disappointment in my lifetime.

In the last 10 years alone, I've seen my basketball team play in two national title games and win one in dramatic fashion. And contend every other year and win its conference every single year.

I've seen my pro baseball team go to back to back World Series and win one.

Our pro soccer team won a championship and is one of the top franchises year in, year out.

My NFL team is generally competitive and its best era is about to begin.

Oh and even the lowly college football team won a couple bowls and an Orange Bowl in that span.

But....you're right!

In the last 10 years alone, I've seen my basketball team play in two national title games and win one in dramatic fashion. And contend every other year and win its conference every single year.

I've seen my pro baseball team go to back to back World Series and win one.

Our pro soccer team won a championship and is one of the top franchises year in, year out.

My NFL team is generally competitive and its best era is about to begin.

Oh and even the lowly college football team won a couple bowls and an Orange Bowl in that span.

But....you're right!

I was born in Pittsburgh, and am a die-hard Steelers fan so let's not talk pro sports. I blow you away there. Winking

The old doogie died when we shot 2 free throws to your 35....

giphy.gif

I'll recover one of these days.
KU only shot 2 FTs and only drew 4 fouls on TT through the 1st 25 minutes of play. Then again, we were playing offense a lot like WVU during that time. JUMP SHOTS!!

KU only shot 2 FTs and only drew 4 fouls on TT through the 1st 25 minutes of play. Then again, we were playing offense a lot like WVU during that time. JUMP SHOTS!!

47% of your recorded shots against us were 3's, but who's counting?

KU wasn't the same team in the 2nd half. They started out hot from everywhere but near the end of the 1st half, KU went cold. In the 2nd half, Graham took over the game. He drove, drove, drove & drove to the bucket. As good as TTU is, it's amazing what happens when a PG can create.

IDK if it was you or not, but someone said recruiting was a lot about location and that's why huggs cant get them to morgantown.

im sure he can get them to manhattan, ks but not morgantown. Laughing
Location as in TALENT. When you don’t have a national brand, you have to rely on location, as in location near a recruiting hotbed. When Hugs was in Cincy, he had access to a lot of good recruits due to location. WVU is more secluded. Though it does have good talent nearby, but any good recruits in the area have a bevy of top flight ACC programs that you have to compete with. I was not inferring anything negative about Morgantown itself, just showing why it would be more difficult for him to recruit there. The only reason he was able to recruit to KSU was because he had a lot of time on his hands. He wouldn’t have been able to keep up those connections had he stayed in Manhattan.

Graham was stupid hot form the field tonight. I thought Tech outplayed KU in every facet of the game except for 3 point shooting. Thought both teams played one of their best games. We just couldn't make a shot to take the lead

Reactions: KisteK
47% of your recorded shots against us were 3's, but who's counting?
Yep, and when we didn’t shoot a three we drove and we drove often. None of that midrange stuff. When you guys weren’t shooting 3s you were shooting midrange jumpers. And when you actually took it down low, your guys dropped back for a fadeaway or a hook shot rather than taking it to the basket. I’ve never seen a team take it to the hoop so few times as I did WVU that night.

Location as in TALENT. When you don’t have a national brand, you have to rely on location, as in location near a recruiting hotbed. When Hugs was in Cincy, he had access to a lot of good recruits due to location. WVU is more secluded. Though it does have good talent nearby, but any good recruits in the area have a bevy of top flight ACC programs that you have to compete with. I was not inferring anything negative about Morgantown itself, just showing why it would be more difficult for him to recruit there. The only reason he was able to recruit to KSU was because he had a lot of time on his hands. He wouldn’t have been able to keep up those connections had he stayed in Manhattan.

Ever been to Tuscaloosa or Auburn?

Talent goes where the $ is...

Graham was stupid hot form the field tonight. I thought Tech outplayed KU in every facet of the game except for 3 point shooting. Thought both teams played one of their best games. We just couldn't make a shot to take the lead
We were hot from three because we moved the ball well. We got great looks. We started to miss them though in the 2nd half, so we started driving.

Reactions: KisteK and ehartin
To each their own.

Well it’s 2 in the last 30, and 3 other appearances in the title game.

And hey, I LOVED our Orange Bowl win and other bowl wins we’ve had when we weren’t so terrible. But nothing compares to the joy I felt when Mario hit that shot and then when got that win. It’s truly another level.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Not everybody is offering $... not Huggs. Not at WVU at least.
Again, I doubt it. Don’t mean necessarily directly, but players get money through agents and boosters, and Huggs knows what’s going on, like all coaches.

KU is hitting their stride. Hopefully we don't see a letdown. This season when KU looks like they're getting their stride they hit a 3-4 game lull.

The injuries have been sad for Tech. Hard to overcome. The Evans injury really hamstrings Tech. Before he drove fearlessly into the paint. Can't do that right now like he could and Tech definitely takes the hit late without a healthy Evans.

Well it’s 2 in the last 30, and 3 other appearances in the title game.

And hey, I LOVED our Orange Bowl win and other bowl wins we’ve had when we weren’t so terrible. But nothing compares to the joy I felt when Mario hit that shot and then when got that win. It’s truly another level.

Once in your lifetime... has to feel good.

Still dont think I'd be willing to be a doormat in football for eternity for that one moment.

Name recognition. As I mentioned earlier, location hurts you because you have a lot of competition for regional recruits, but don’t have the name to recruit on a national level. When you can’t recruit nationally, you have to rely on local recruits. Too much competition.

Once in your lifetime... has to feel good.

Still dont think I'd be willing to be a doormat in football for eternity for that one moment.
Not willing. I’d rather the football program was better. But I’d rather excel in one thing than be middle of the pack in everything else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT