ADVERTISEMENT

Still hilarious (MSU radio slappy reaction to Juwan being hired)

I listen to Mike most days, but let’s be honest, he’s corrected himself this year about the hire. If you were going to post something about him, it should be the Michigan State Notre game. It’s hilarious. Plus, Mike didn’t even know his assistant coaching hires at the time, and he’s a Spartan. Also in all fairness, NBA coaches without college coaching experience haven’t faired well in the college game. Juwan is an exception, not the rule.

I listen to Mike most days, but let’s be honest, he’s corrected himself this year about the hire. If you were going to post something about him, it should be the Michigan State Notre game. It’s hilarious. Plus, Mike didn’t even know his assistant coaching hires at the time, and he’s a Spartan. Also in all fairness, NBA coaches without college coaching experience haven’t faired well in the college game. Juwan is an exception, not the rule.

There is nothing fair about the chance he gave Juwan.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Do I agree that the Juwan Howard can’t win in the Big Ten or be successful?

Are you watching this season on delay? Let me know so I don’t spoil it for you.
I couldn't figure why you posted it.

I couldn't figure why you posted it.

I realize you stopped watching the tournament but I posted it because it’s a rant about how Juwan won’t be successful at Michigan but he just lead Michigan to an Elite 8 down a starter.

I realize you stopped watching the tournament but I posted it because it’s a rant about how Juwan won’t be successful at Michigan but he just lead Michigan to an Elite 8 down a starter.
I haven't stopped watching the tourney. I just couldn't understand why you wouldn't post it.

Has to be the worst fan base.
I find it funny
I still think in all fairness he had a point. 1) John left us hanging for a replacement in May. 2) Hard to find a replacement then. 3) NBA coaches that have no college experience have sucked. 4) Jalen Rose was over pushing him. 5) Valenti is a Spartan, who would say the same if it was them. 6) Valenti also didn’t anticipate his hires, nor knew because of his kids Juwan knows a lot of these kids personally. Last, he’s acknowledged that it was a bad take, but he’s paid for that. He also got to bash Michigan.
Now tell me how this will workout for Indiana. I see 4 more years of despair, don’t you?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I find it funny

I still think in all fairness he had a point. 1) John left us hanging for a replacement in May. 2) Hard to find a replacement then. 3) NBA coaches that have no college experience have sucked. 4) Jalen Rose was over pushing him. 5) Valenti is a Spartan, who would say the same if it was them. 6) Valenti also didn’t anticipate his hires, nor knew because of his kids Juwan knows a lot of these kids personally. Last, he’s acknowledged that it was a bad take, but he’s paid for that. He also got to bash Michigan.
Now tell me how this will workout for Indiana. I see 4 more years of despair, don’t you?

The guy literally said that Howard would not win games in the Big Ten and would not be successful at Michigan. He completely disregarded any of the positives that Howard brought to the program. It's probably the most over the top and wrong take on Howard I've listened to/read and there's been a lot of shitty takes on his hire.

The guy literally said that Howard would not win games in the Big Ten and would not be successful at Michigan. He completely disregarded any of the positives that Howard brought to the program. It's probably the most over the top and wrong take on Howard I've listened to/read and there's been a lot of shitty takes on his hire.
Yeah, and after winning in the Bahama’s he retracted that. He’s their main guy, his takes pay the bills. 97.1 also didn’t fire him to keep their contract with the Lions! Just saying radio personalities don’t dictate outcomes. Plus, outside Howard in year 2, how many NBA coaches with no college experience have done even a decent job? Facts were on his side at the time. Now, tell me about Indiana’s hire. I think he’ll be bought out in year 4.

Depending on how old you are, we've seen crazier endings. It's why I keep watching. I''ve learned the lesson of not watching.

I'll never forget when that damn Andy Katz or Seth Davis or one of those idiots picked against UNC in 2009 5 straight rounds of the tournament. I go to bed angry about it at least four days a week.

Subtle.

I don't think you have to really worry about Howard. Doesn't he have like a killer class coming in next year? Coming off the success he had this year and considering he seemed more than competent as a coach in general this doesn't seem like just a flukey deal. I don't really have a Big Ten team I like (or really dislike either tbh) but it seems they would be a good bet to be legit regular season killers for the foreseeable future

I don't think you have to really worry about Howard. Doesn't he have like a killer class coming in next year? Coming off the success he had this year and considering he seemed more than competent as a coach in general this doesn't seem like just a flukey deal. I don't really have a Big Ten team I like (or really dislike either tbh) but it seems they would be a good bet to be legit regular season killers for the foreseeable future

The entire B1G is regular season killers.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I guess it just seems like he's been there a decade.
You're confusing him with his bro.......

giphy.gif

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
ADVERTISEMENT