ADVERTISEMENT

Some great high school games on ESPN 2 on 11/12

Amari Bailey is massively overrated. 6’4 2G who are average shooters and who physically overpower Hugh school kids almost never pan out at the next level. He is stiff and doesn’t handle it anywhere near well enough to be a point. He will be an average college player.

You gotta play D to even be considered terrible. They aren't even trying on D.
Bates was embarrassingly bad defensively and literally didn’t even try to rebound. He better be careful or he will get the reputation of a one trick pony who wants to stand on the perimeter and do nothing unless he has the ball.

Bates was embarrassingly bad defensively and literally didn’t even try to rebound. He better be careful or he will get the reputation of a one truck pony who wants to stand on the perimeter and do nothing unless he has the ball.
Nah...that was showcase, high school B-ball. Nobody gotta play that there defense. C'mon man!

Finally watched the 1 v 1 matchup. Can't believe K didn't pursue Chet Holmgren. I mean dang, we've stolen 3 Minnesota kids in the past 3 seasons - Gary Trent, Tre Jones, and Matthew Hurt. And we pass on Chet? Near flawless game from Holmgren. My only criticism on his part, is he threw several lazy passes that resulted in turnovers.

Finally watched the 1 v 1 matchup. Can't believe K didn't pursue Chet Holmgren. I mean dang, we've stolen 3 Minnesota kids in the past 3 seasons - Gary Trent, Tre Jones, and Matthew Hurt. And we pass on Chet? Near flawless game from Holmgren. My only criticism on his part, is he threw several lazy passes that resulted in turnovers.
Very excited about Chet being a Zag.

ADVERTISEMENT