ADVERTISEMENT

Self: Ruling 100% unfair

You about to be told how you're ignorant and only a UNC fan knows. Lol. They've done their "Research".

I wasn't going to respond at all tbh. I do think it is humorous how all the non-UNC fans think they know more about it but don't realize how weird and desperate that would actually make them if true.

swaggy_kobe_assist.0.gif

Reactions: Dward13
Well considering he allowed Vick to stay on the team after he was found to have physically assaulted a female student, kicking her in the face and punching her, I’m not surprised he finds this unfair.
Except he didn’t. You’re literally making stuff up.

I'll provide proof when you provide proof that Self facilitated payment to players.

See how that works?
He is caught on tape asking for help from Adidas to get players. Nothing to see here. Move on. Of course you have to have some common sense to make the connection.

Reactions: Dward13
I'll provide proof when you provide proof that Self facilitated payment to players.

See how that works?
Here is what Pat Forde said Bill Self should have said about the NCAA decision to suspend Desousa:
Here is what Bill Self should have said, if he had a lot less gall and a lot more Self-awareness: “I apologize to Silvio De Sousa for putting him in this predicament. I’m sorry that T.J. Gassnola (3), a known bag man and now convicted felon, who I was in contact with during this recruitment and others, paid the money that helped bring Silvio to Kansas. We have said that Silvio didn’t know what was transpiring, but I should have. Everyone in college basketball was aware of T.J.’s reputation and how he operated. I acknowledge that it’s very hard to believe that someone with my experience and connections had no idea that he was working a deal to abruptly pull Silvio away from Maryland and send him to Kansas. Instead of blaming the NCAA for its ruling, I should blame myself for using T.J. Gassnola as an unofficial recruiter.”

He is caught on tape asking for help from Adidas to get players. Nothing to see here. Move on. Of course you have to have some common sense to make the connection.
And you have to lack common sense or latch on to some vast expanse of naivety to believe that with all of the money floating around that these recruits just pass it all up for the awesome chance to play for your school.

I’ve got some things to sell you if that’s the case.

From the athletic:

https://theathletic.com/796932/2019...sa-the-ncaa-and-its-100-percent-wrong-ruling/

You don’t ever hear strong statements in situations like this that Bill Self and Jeff Long have put out.
And this is what Pat Forde said Bill Self should have said:

Here is what Bill Self should have said, if he had a lot less gall and a lot more Self-awareness: “I apologize to Silvio De Sousa for putting him in this predicament. I’m sorry that T.J. Gassnola (3), a known bag man and now convicted felon, who I was in contact with during this recruitment and others, paid the money that helped bring Silvio to Kansas. We have said that Silvio didn’t know what was transpiring, but I should have. Everyone in college basketball was aware of T.J.’s reputation and how he operated. I acknowledge that it’s very hard to believe that someone with my experience and connections had no idea that he was working a deal to abruptly pull Silvio away from Maryland and send him to Kansas. Instead of blaming the NCAA for its ruling, I should blame myself for using T.J. Gassnola as an unofficial recruiter.”

A
nd here is what Pat Forde said your Atkletic Director should have said after the NCAA ruling:

Here is what Kansas athletic director Jeff Long (4) should have said, instead of joining Self in railing against the NCAA: “Silvio De Sousa’s ineligibility rests with us, not the NCAA. As was revealed in federal court, our head coach said in a text message to T.J. Gassnola, who was working recruiting angles as an Adidas bag man, ‘I’m happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys.’ Well, T.J. got us a guy, and he did it with a cash payment. We let a fox in the hen house, then acted surprised when he ate a chicken. That’s on us, and nobody else.”

And you have to lack common sense or latch on to some vast expanse of naivety to believe that with all of the money floating around that these recruits just pass it all up for the awesome chance to play for your school.

And you have to be an idiot to not recognize the issues at Kansas. Every year you have some athlete in trouble with the NCAA. Remember Billy Preston and there have been several others. Just a coincidence I guess. You have a coach dealing with a convicted felon to get players. Read what Pat Forde said about your coach and Desousa:

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
.........T.J. Gassnola (3), a known bag man and now convicted felon.........”

And how does that known Bag man and now convicted felon feel about $teering those recruits to Cal?

“I told Antonio, `You need to go to a place where you’re comfortable, with people I know, because I can’t call [North Carolina coach] Roy Williams, but I can call Cal,’ “ Gassnola says. Calipari and Kellogg did not respond to interview requests.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ng-amateurs/46zvfKp1awQlxvVG8EWyTI/story.html

Cal is totally on the up and up, nothing to see here.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
And how does that known Bag man and now convicted felon feel about $teering those recruits to Cal?

“I told Antonio, `You need to go to a place where you’re comfortable, with people I know, because I can’t call [North Carolina coach] Roy Williams, but I can call Cal,’ “ Gassnola says. Calipari and Kellogg did not respond to interview requests.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...ng-amateurs/46zvfKp1awQlxvVG8EWyTI/story.html

tenor.gif

Boom.

Fatal-Blind-Hogget.gif

Last edited:
Well, all of this may not show who is cheating but it all definitely shows that one guy, Roy Williams, is above the fray. No surprise here but it has to be a bitter revelation for some, which we will see here soon.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Here is what Pat Forde said Bill Self should have said about the NCAA decision to suspend Desousa:

And this is what Pat Forde said Bill Self should have said:

A
nd here is what Pat Forde said your Atkletic Director should have said after the NCAA ruling:

Here is what Kansas athletic director Jeff Long (4) should have said, instead of joining Self in railing against the NCAA: “Silvio De Sousa’s ineligibility rests with us, not the NCAA. As was revealed in federal court, our head coach said in a text message to T.J. Gassnola, who was working recruiting angles as an Adidas bag man, ‘I’m happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys.’ Well, T.J. got us a guy, and he did it with a cash payment. We let a fox in the hen house, then acted surprised when he ate a chicken. That’s on us, and nobody else.”

And you have to be an idiot to not recognize the issues at Kansas. Every year you have some athlete in trouble with the NCAA. Remember Billy Preston and there have been several others. Just a coincidence I guess. You have a coach dealing with a convicted felon to get players. Read what Pat Forde said about your coach and Desousa:

Pigs are now flying as a UK fan is quoting Pat Forde.

Reactions: toonces11

You finally got something correct.

He’s definitely lacking in the common sense dept.

He IS pretty good at this though:
1425_3.jpg

Reactions: kl40504
Any school who self reports, or helps with the investigation deserves whatever punishment comes their way! It sucks that it's like this, but it is the reality of the situation. The full of thumb here is: if you do all the right things during these types of investigations....you're screwed. However, if you deny and refuse to cooperate, if all eventually goes away.

As someone who lives college sports, it sucks that it's like this, but there's countless examples of it going this way.

Also, its hilarious seeing UK and Duke fans acting like their above this type of stuff!

Any school who self reports, or helps with the investigation deserves whatever punishment comes their way! It sucks that it's like this, but it is the reality of the situation. The full of thumb here is: if you do all the right things during these types of investigations....you're screwed. However, if you deny and refuse to cooperate, if all eventually goes away.

As someone who lives college sports, it sucks that it's like this, but there's countless examples of it going this way.

Also, its hilarious seeing UK and Duke fans acting like their above this type of stuff!
And I guess you are not.

It is hilarious. It'll be more hilarious when their fantasies crumble in the near future.

The best thing that can happen for the game is for everyone to get busted hard. If some delusional fans cry rivers in the process...all the better.

KU might go down as the dirtest program in Basketball History only SMU football can match their filth.

The scheme began in October 2016 with a meeting at the Oread Hotel in Lawrence, Kansas, during a basketball recruiting event called Late Night in the Phog. Gassnola, there on behalf of Adidas, invited Preston’s mother to his room to discuss money, he testified.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business...ed-a-black-market-for-top-teenage-talent.html

Reactions: kl40504
It is hilarious. It'll be more hilarious when their fantasies crumble in the near future.

The best thing that can happen for the game is for everyone to get busted hard. If some delusional fans cry rivers in the process...all the better.
Sit back and watch. Kansas is going down. Games played last year in which Desousa played will be vacated.

Sit back and watch. Kansas is going down. Games played last year in which Desousa played will be vacated.

Oh no. NO! Anything but this!!!

They probably have the technology to extract memories, too. Sweet Jesus. This is awful. Dark, dark days are ahead. I’m going home. How can I get any work done at a time like this?

Last edited:
Feel sorta bad for the kid. But glad to see cheating programs like kansas suffer by having their players ruled ineligible.

Even if what you are insinuating is true .... which it isn’t because he’d of out right said he steered guys to Cal.... but doesn’t matter because cal didn’t get caught, Self and KU did

KU might go down as the dirtest program in Basketball History only SMU football can match their filth.

The scheme began in October 2016 with a meeting at the Oread Hotel in Lawrence, Kansas, during a basketball recruiting event called Late Night in the Phog. Gassnola, there on behalf of Adidas, invited Preston’s mother to his room to discuss money, he testified.

https://www.oregonlive.com/business...ed-a-black-market-for-top-teenage-talent.html
Sorry Mizzou fan, you have zero room to talk. Bye.

ADVERTISEMENT