ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer going against the Brotherhood - Trying to poach Jai Lucas

Don't bother explaining it again. He knows, he just chooses to believe what he makes up in his own head as if he were there in person to know what was going on.
Bc no coach willingly would ever leave uk for effin minnesota if they thought they had a chance in hell of coaching at uk the next season. He did yall a favor, but dont act like had he not accepted the minn job he would have coached uk that next season. Not a chance, he would have been fired if he hadnt left for a much much much worse program on his own. And again who has ever left a blueblood ever to go to a middling team like minnesota.

I dont see why uk fans care tbh, he proved at minnesota and everywhere else hes been that hes nothing but an average coach. He won with pitinos players and didnt do much after.

Seems like the narrative that he willingly left mighty uk for minn would be worse than the narrative that he left bc the writing was on the wall that he had no future at uk. I mean yall are mad about losing an assistant to duke, was anyone mad to lose tubby to minnesota???

Thats not how it actually works. Tubby left Kentucky for another job. There was a ton of heat on him but that doesn't change the facts of the situation.
He didn’t have the option to stay doing the same things he was doing. Stop it

Bc no coach willingly would ever leave uk for effin minnesota if they thought they had a chance in hell of coaching at uk the next season. He did yall a favor, but dont act like had he not accepted the minn job he would have coached uk that next season. Not a chance, he would have been fired if he hadnt left for a much much much worse program on his own. And again who has ever left a blueblood ever to go to a middling team like minnesota.

I dont see why uk fans care tbh, he proved at minnesota and everywhere else hes been that hes nothing but an average coach. He won with pitinos players and didnt do much after.

Seems like the narrative that he willingly left mighty uk for minn would be worse than the narrative that he left bc the writing was on the wall that he had no future at uk. I mean yall are mad about losing an assistant to duke, was anyone mad to lose tubby to minnesota???
This. If you didn’t fire him you are saying Minnesota is a better job than Kentucky

Yea its absolutely ludicrous to think UK wanted him back and he just decided hed rather take a pay cut and coach a middling program like Minn than return to UK.

Villanova? I am so confused. Are you taking about Fordham? Bruiser was never a threat to Lucas anyway. He's not even on the coaching staff, he's on the support staff.
I saw that on Sea of Blue where he was looking at Nova. I don't think Fordham would have hired him either. I was speculating that if Flint left, a promotion for Lucas would be available.

Yea its absolutely ludicrous to think UK wanted him back and he just decided hed rather take a pay cut and coach a middling program like Minn than return to UK.
The fan pressure on Tubby was unreal. For sale signs in his yard lol. And there was a movement with a segment of the fanbase to rehire Pitino.

The UK job was too big for Tubby. His lack of recruiting, his nepotism, and then his mediocre years. Great guy, but he never lived up to expectations, which is not easy with BBN.

Cal is getting pressure now. If there is a collapse next season, he's lost BBN for certain. We will probably be top 5 going into next season. Our team needs to compete and finish like a top 5. He's got to change some of the things he's stuck on doing.

Honestly have no idea what to expect with Duke next year. I think K had been washed for a while but Duke has a ridiculious amount of talent coming in. Lot of expectations for a first year guy.
It was going to be a lot of pressure regardless, he's replacing a legend. I'd rather do it with talent.

UL takes Duke's assistant and Duke take UK's special assistant. Entertaining times we're watching.
He was actually an assistant (not a "special" assistant") and recruiting coordinator. By all accounts a rising star at age 33.

Not sure why this is a big deal. Isn’t his strength recruiting? That isn’t really what Duke struggles with.
Some thonk he's going to be the next big thing in coaching; supposedly really good X and O guy.

Don't know who that is but if this breaks a few brains on rupp rafters it's probably worth the hire.
You've seriously never heard of Lucas? Not that he is a big name, but most people that follow college bball have heard of the guy.

Reactions: Villian07
John lucas son, he was 5 star recruit iirc went to florida never really lived up to the hype.

been coaching ever sense working his was up the ladder.

John lucas son, he was 5 star recruit iirc went to florida never really lived up to the hype.

been coaching ever sense working his was up the ladder.
He transferred to UT. I don't think he's been anywhere longer than 2-3 years at a time.

Maybe he's found his spot being an assistant a Duke under another player he played AAU with.

Reactions: Villian07
I saw that on Sea of Blue where he was looking at Nova. I don't think Fordham would have hired him either. I was speculating that if Flint left, a promotion for Lucas would be available.
Flint isn't even an assistant anymore is what I am saying. He is in an off court role similar to what Robic was doing in his last few years; mostly scouting and game planning. His position would've have no effect on Lucas whether he stayed or left.

Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
That explains the II after his name, I think I get it now. Thanks for clearing things up finally.
John Lucas was born in Durham NC and played at Maryland under Lefty Driesell from 1972-1976. He was a really good player.

He was actually an assistant (not a "special" assistant") and recruiting coordinator.

Scheyer trying to get a head start on the 2025 class. Would be very surprising if we didn't land the Boozer twins. I mean, the one kid's name is Cameron lol.

Scheyer trying to get a head start on the 2025 class. Would be very surprising if we didn't land the Boozer twins. I mean, the one kid's name is Cameron lol.

An obnoxiously white kid from Maine named Cooper Flagg... it doesn't get more Duke than that! May as well just pencil him in now.

An obnoxiously white kid from Maine named Cooper Flagg... it doesn't get more Duke than that! May as well just pencil him in now.

Maine seriously might be the whitest state in the country. I've never met or even heard of a black person that's from there. I used to think DerMarr Johnson was from Maine, but he just finished school there.

I'm okay with snagging the whitest of the white. He'll fit right in lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Maine seriously might be the whitest state in the country. I've never met or even heard of a black person that's from there. I used to think DerMarr Johnson was from Maine, but he just finished school there.

I'm okay with snagging the whitest of the white. He'll fit right in lol.
Ellis "Red" Redding is from Maine, but he moved to Mexico with Andy Dufresne.

Ellis "Red" Redding is from Maine, but he moved to Mexico with Andy Dufresne.

Haha well played. Took me a minute to make the connection. At first I was thinking that was some random role player from the 70's.

So, the most famous black person from Maine is a fictional character from a movie. Sad and hilarious for Maine.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT