ADVERTISEMENT

Scheyer going against the Brotherhood - Trying to poach Jai Lucas

BasketBallJunkie-UK

Nov 18, 2011
Good for him going away from keeping it in the family. I mean its good when you can, but go after the good ones.
Trying to poach Lucas from UK... Jai is an up and coming star in the coaching ranks.

header_1600x1000.jpg

I think Lucas already turned him down?

Definitely interesting to see. Have heard good things about him, so I like that Jon went after him.

Reactions: KisteK
Scheyer was the main recruiter for the majority of guys the last few years. Nolan was only elevated to full time last year for the first time.

Maybe know a little before you spout off.
Maybe you should learn more about Nolan and the relationships he created in recruiting. Not knowing a little never stopped you from spouting off lmao.

This was not good. No other way to spin it. The only way Lucas would have left is if he legit would just rather be at Duke, and work for someone that has never coached a game before.

Bad look for Cal. Add it to the list at this point.

Reactions: cdbearde
This was not good. No other way to spin it. The only way Lucas would have left is if he legit would just rather be at Duke, and work for someone that has never coached a game before.

Bad look for Cal. Add it to the list at this point.
Cal has a short leash on his assistants. Lucas will dominate at Duke where Scheyer will let him do his thing, whatever that is.

Brad left. Now Jai. Rumors Collins and Wallace might go. Maybe Cal is hanging it up.

Cal has a short leash on his assistants. Lucas will dominate at Duke where Scheyer will let him do his thing, whatever that is.
He's been really solid on the recruiting trail. A few players have already shown their displeasure on social media and what not. Just really not good for UK.

Nice message board fodder for Duke fans though.

We did the same with Illinois fans when taking two assistant coaches.

Damion Collins was going to Texas before Jai came to Kentucky, so it DOES matter.
Never said it didn't matter. He probably would've gone to Texas if Lucas stayed there but now he's been at UK for a year. That is not the same scenario as deciding on a college initially. Besides, if he had any plans to follow Lucas to Duke he'd be buried waaaay down their depth chart and I highly doubt they would even take him.

It is. Its also larger than 9-16, losing to St. Peters, and not having a tournament win in 3 years. But for some reason, all of these things are happening right after the other.
3 years includes covid year with Maxey and Quickly, they year we were heading into the tournament after winning the SEC by 3 games?

ADVERTISEMENT