ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes

As a career lurker on this board, I would like to see Della and the Cats fans now compare and contrast the accomplishments of Tennessee basketball (Barnes) and Kentucky Football (Stoops) for the rest of this thread.

As we all know both groups have thought these programs were the cats meow a lot of late.
You sit here and just watch me battle all these Cats and never lend a hand?...😕

I will say this for Stoops. He is a solid coach. He has built UK from nothing into a respectable program that is fundamentally good in all aspects of the game. His teams are well disciplined and want to win. I know UK fan's are disappointed with their game against SCAR. If UK's QB were available if would have been a different game.

I think Stoops schemes are a little out of date and that hurts UK. He is also not the best recruiter compared to other SEC coaches which hurts too, but overall he was a great pick up for UK.

You sit here and just watch me battle all these Cats and never lend a hand?...😕

I will say this for Stoops. He is a solid coach. He has built UK from nothing into a respectable program that is fundamentally good in all aspects of the game. His teams are well disciplined and want to win. I know UK fan's are disappointed with their game against SCAR. If UK's QB were available if would have been a different game.

I think Stoops schemes are a little out of date and that hurts UK. He is also not the best recruiter compared to other SEC coaches which hurts too, but overall he was a great pick up for UK.
I see no need to argue with Cats fans about basketball. They have the superior program and history. I think they tend to overplay owning Tennessee too much but hey they have beaten us more than any other tram (they often leave out who they have lost to the most tho). But our resume does not stack up to theirs at all.

I just find the chest pumping over What Stoops has done vs the joking about what Barnes has not done a fun hypocrital contradiction in analysis.

That and one time I did chime in you basically told me to piss off you had it handled. Lol.

Know I’m a outsider on this thread, but final fours should def be celebrated!! 353 D1 teams, making final four is special IMO.
Only 64 teams in the tourney and you have to divide that by 4 which is 16, so you really only have to win 4 games. Winning 4 games in the tourney is an accomplishment, but it is nothing to lord over your rivals. 😎

Only 64 teams in the tourney and you have to divide that by 4 which is 16, so you really only have to win 4 games. Winning 4 games in the tourney is an accomplishment, but it is nothing to lord over your rivals. 😎
To be fair, you have to achieve regular season success just to make the tourney , or win your conference tourney in single elimination style. Making final four is huge!!

Reactions: Scotty00
To be fair, you have to achieve regular season success just to make the tourney , or win your conference tourney in single elimination style. Making final four is huge!!
Uk fans argue that winning your conference is NBD (No Big Deal). Beating #1 ranked teams are NBD and being ranked #1 in the regular season is NBD, do you agree with that too?
All wins are to be celebrated and losses are not. This adage is universal in all sports except for a few backward CBB fans.

As a career lurker on this board, I would like to see Della and the Cats fans now compare and contrast the accomplishments of Tennessee basketball (Barnes) and Kentucky Football (Stoops) for the rest of this thread.

As we all know both groups have thought these programs were the cats meow a lot of late.
Larry-David-Jerry-Seinfeld-Stare-Off.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: The Orange Reaper
Simply put, you deflect and avoid the fact that a FF ends in a loss. I suppose you have never thought about it like that before and the fact it's true has to be uncomfortable for you. You really can't have an argument and avoid the central point.

Since a FF is an arbitrary position in an unfinished tourney that ends in a loss and I don't celebrate losses there is really nothing else to say since you can't prove that my thesis is wrong.
What am I supposed to be deflecting? I’ve explained to you over and over that teams and fans celebrate making a final four and not after losing a game in the final four. You just can’t seem to grasp that and all I can say is you must be a little slow and the fact UT has never made a final four has you confused on how it works!

I see no need to argue with Cats fans about basketball. They have the superior program and history. I think they tend to overplay owning Tennessee too much but hey they have beaten us more than any other tram (they often leave out who they have lost to the most tho). But our resume does not stack up to theirs at all.

I just find the chest pumping over What Stoops has done vs the joking about what Barnes has not done a fun hypocrital contradiction in analysis.

That and one time I did chime in you basically told me to piss off you had it handled. Lol.
Wow!!! Just wow!!!! What a breath of fresh air! Finally somebody that gets it. Coming from one of your own Deller! I know that hurts but listen to what he’s saying.

Reaper I’m just curious, do you understand the whole celebration of making a final four and would you be happy/celebrate if UT made their first final four???
Know I’m a outsider on this thread, but final fours should def be celebrated!! 353 D1 teams, making final four is special IMO.
Exactly my man! That’s all I’m trying to educate Deller on. Seems to be outta her grasp but I’m trying.😂

What am I supposed to be deflecting? I’ve explained to you over and over that teams and fans celebrate making a final four and not after losing a game in the final four. You just can’t seem to grasp that and all I can say is you must be a little slow and the fact UT has never made a final four has you confused on how it works!
That is fine until you get knocked out of the tourney. Making the final 4 teams is something to be happy about like winning any game, but losing is not something to celebrate. You can't just ignore the fact you didn't advance and got kicked out. You want to pretend like being one of the final four teams is an end to itself. It is not. That is my issue.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't recall the conversation, but I'll accept it if you say so. You have every right to express yourself on the board.

Based on your post here I can see why I would say it though. However, it's an open board and by all means post what and when you have something to say.

That is fine until you get knocked out of the tourney. Making the final 4 teams is something to be happy about like winning any game, but losing is not something to celebrate. You can't just ignore the fact you didn't advance and got kicked out. You want to pretend like being one of the final four teams is an end to itself. It is not. That is my issue.
Della listen to me!!! Read this really slow and read it more than once so you’ll get it ok! You celebrate when you MAKE the final four NOT after you lose in the final four. NOBODY loses a game and then celebrates!!!!! This is the only way I know to explain this to you darling. You do NOT celebrate after losing a game you celebrate after you win your game to go to the final four? If you lose your game in the final four your sad and depressed. Is this making any sense to you?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I don't recall the conversation, but I'll accept it if you say so. You have every right to express yourself on the board.

Based on your post here I can see why I would say it though. However, it's an open board and by all means post what and when you have something to say.
In other words if you don’t agree with everything she says and back her up then you’re wrong about everything.😂

Della listen to me!!! Read this really slow and read it more than once so you’ll get it ok! You celebrate when you MAKE the final four NOT after you lose in the final four. NOBODY loses a game and then celebrates!!!!! This is the only way I know to explain this to you darling. You do NOT celebrate after losing a game you celebrate after you win your game to go to the final four? If you lose your game in the final four your sad and depressed. Is this making any sense to you?
Exactly, but you boast after you have lost.

In other words if you don’t agree with everything she says and back her up then you’re wrong about everything.😂
My words don't need to be interpreted. You are lousy at that, so stop. Anyone should be able to speak freely, but you should do so at the risk of getting offended. Any conversation based on opinions worthwhile runs the risk of being offensive because people have different opinions. 🙂

Wow!!! Just wow!!!! What a breath of fresh air! Finally somebody that gets it. Coming from one of your own Deller! I know that hurts but listen to what he’s saying.

Reaper I’m just curious, do you understand the whole celebration of making a final four and would you be happy/celebrate if UT made their first final four???

Exactly my man! That’s all I’m trying to educate Deller on. Seems to be outta her grasp but I’m trying.😂
Della and I would both most likely be thrilled with a Final Four and realize it is a very nice feather in the cap and big step for the program.

But you also missed a large part of the post in that Kentucky fans pump their chests about what Mark Stoops has accomplished at Kentucky, when he has never won anything of consequence (never even won the SEC East much less played in a meaningful post season game nor do you ever beat the big teams in the SEC). So just wondering why all the hate for Della being proud of a team that has actually won things while beating the beast of the SEC regularly.

It is perspective. Kentucky has sucked so badly in football for its eternity that two 10 win seasons in a decade seems like something to be proud of and pump your chest about. And while Tennessee basketball has not sucked to Kentucky football level historically, we are happy with the progress of winning SEC championships (regular and tournament), being ranked #1 for long stretches and being a consistently ranked top 10-15 team for the past 5 years. True we have only advanced as far as the Sweet Sixteen under Barnes but from a Tennessee perspective the program has taken such a giant leap forward under Barnes that Tennessee fans can appreciate and respect what he has done here.

Della and I would both most likely be thrilled with a Final Four and realize it is a very nice feather in the cap and big step for the program.

But you also missed a large part of the post in that Kentucky fans pump their chests about what Mark Stoops has accomplished at Kentucky, when he has never won anything of consequence (never even won the SEC East much less played in a meaningful post season game nor do you ever beat the big teams in the SEC). So just wondering why all the hate for Della being proud of a team that has actually won things while beating the beast of the SEC regularly.

It is perspective. Kentucky has sucked so badly in football for its eternity that two 10 win seasons in a decade seems like something to be proud of and pump your chest about. And while Tennessee basketball has not sucked to Kentucky football level historically, we are happy with the progress of winning SEC championships (regular and tournament), being ranked #1 for long stretches and being a consistently ranked top 10-15 team for the past 5 years. True we have only advanced as far as the Sweet Sixteen under Barnes but from a Tennessee perspective the program has taken such a giant leap forward under Barnes that Tennessee fans can appreciate and respect what he has done here.
You and I look at things completely different. I think UK fans have every right to be proud of their CFB team and the job Mark Stoops has done. They should be proud and they should crow about it. Stoops has lifted UK out of the cellar and built a fundamentally strong program. If you are encumbered by what your program has done in past and can't celebrate the present there is no fun in sports. That kind of thinking is exactly why these UK fans huddle over here 365 days a year when they should be on the CFB board giving us and everyone else hell.

We all know UT has a rich CFB history and UK has a rich CBB history. So what? Where is the fun in talking about that? The fun thing to talk about is if Stoops can derail Heupel and if Barnes can trip up Calipari. It brings in fans from both schools into rivalry that is on going.

I think going on about history is nothing but a crutch and cripples what could be a fun back and forth of something that is alive and well vs something ancient and dead.

You and I look at things completely different. I think UK fans have every right to be proud of their CFB team and the job Mark Stoops has done. They should be proud and they should crow about it. Stoops has lifted UK out of the cellar and built a fundamentally strong program. If you are encumbered by what your program has done in past and can't celebrate the present there is no fun in sports. That kind of thinking is exactly why these UK fans huddle over here 365 days a year when they should be on the CFB board giving us and everyone else hell.

We all know UT has a rich CFB history and UK has a rich CBB history. So what? Where is the fun in talking about that? The fun thing to talk about is if Stoops can derail Heupel and if Barnes can trip up Calipari. It brings in fans from both schools into rivalry that is on going.

I think going on about history is nothing but a crutch and cripples what could be a fun back and forth of something that is alive and well vs something ancient and dead.
We actually look at it the same, we just approach it differently. I was not saying Mark Stoops did not accomplish anything he has done a great job turning Kentucky into a top 25 team that competes each year, was just questioning how the Cats fans can have that view of him vs the view on Barnes.

But I really do enjoy your debates with the Cats fans, I just am not a master debater at this stage of my life and prefer to just talk sports.

We actually look at it the same, we just approach it differently. I was not saying Mark Stoops did not accomplish anything he has done a great job turning Kentucky into a top 25 team that competes each year, was just questioning how the Cats fans can have that view of him vs the view on Barnes.

But I really do enjoy your debates with the Cats fans, I just am not a master debater at this stage of my life and prefer to just talk sports.
CFB and CBB are apples and oranges to me. Stoops has to deal with 100 players and Barnes has in the teens. It is much harder to build a great CFB team than CBB team.

The purpose of this thread was to discuss Barnes. I was going to add some interviews he had done. His point of view on Dean Smith and just where his philosophies come from. It was not suppose to be anything about UK. I know how to incite reaction and I tried to avoid that. UK fans like to use their history to mitigate against anything not going their way in the present. That is tacky and unfair. It is also being a weak fan.

I have never posted anything about UT having a great CBB history or UK not having a great history, so UK fans attempting to weaponize FF is a cowardly action. The fight over that is what this thread has devolved into. The fact that FFs end in losses can't be denied and watching UK fans become willfully obtuse regarding the truth of it is kinda funny.

I prefer to talk sports too. Since I do not deny UK has a great history there is zero reason for history to be brought into it. However, I do deny that history has anything to do with the present.

^^Pure BS. Your posts are all calculated. Everyone here knows this.
If you have a problem with it and are just to dumb to express where you disagree then tag team it off to one of your smarter UK fans.

Yours are all stupid as shit and everyone knows that. You should try calculating what you say before you say it instead of running off at the mouth. 🙂

If you have a problem with it and are just to dumb to express where you disagree then tag team it off to one of your smarter UK fans.

Yours are all stupid as shit and everyone knows that. You should try calculating what you say before you say it instead of running off at the mouth. 🙂
"to dumb to express"

It's 'too' easy to point out your stupidity. I don't need anyone's help. You're doing a fine job of that all on your own, LuLu.

Reactions: Scotty00
"to dumb to express"

It's 'too' easy to point out your stupidity. I don't need anyone's help. You're doing a fine job of that all on your own, LuLu.
Yeah, you kinda do. You have not pointed out anything I have said as incorrect and corrected it. That is kinda telling on either I am correct or you don't have the cognitive ability to express the truth as you see it.

In other words you're kinda dumb.☹️

.....you remain the dumb one dying on the dumbest hill in the history of this board, LuLu. This thread is 7 pages deep and no one as well as no facts are backing you up. It's just 7 pages full of your empty-headed opinion.

.....you remain the dumb one dying on the dumbest hill in the history of this board, LuLu. This thread is 7 pages deep and no one as well as no facts are backing you up. It's just 7 pages full of your empty-headed opinion.
Your the dumbass running your mouth for 7 pages and not saying anything. You're the one buried under the hill I have built with facts. 😆

No I didn’t miss on anything, I get everything you said. I’m sure some UK fans thump their chest but that’s them and I can’t control them. I don’t thump my chest I’m just appreciative to have our football program where it’s at these days. I love that we are competitive. Are we on the level of Alabama and Georgia? Absolutely not but it wouldn’t surprise me much if we was to upset one of those teams. Do we have the rich history of those teams or a UT or Auburn? No! But from what we was all my life to what we are now it’s a huge upgrade. As far as UT basketball I’ve told Deller several times I like seeing UT help carry the SEC. They should be a top team year in and year out but other teams throughout the years have been good for a year or two and then flamed out and be back at the bottom or in the middle of the SEC. Arkansas and Florida have done the same thing over the years but they did win titles. The thing with Deller is that we all like her but for the fact that UT has no basketball tradition/final fours she likes to down play all that stuff as you can see. As the poster above said she likes to take shots at UK but act like she doesn’t. We all see it and have seen it since she’s been posting here. Historically UK has beat UT and the head to head record shows that. She wants to act like since Barnes has a 2 game head to head lead over Cal that UT is the new King of the SEC. Have they improved? Yes! But I think he’s (Barnes) has only one maybe two SEC titles since he’s been at UT. Just let the record show that I really really like Barnes!

Last edited:
Do you not understand that if you don't win you lose? Do you? Surely you're smart enough to know that. Regionals are random, some are more difficult than others. At least most of you whine about that. The winners of Championships are called Champions. You're either the Champ or you're not. Do you see the hypocrisy of celebrating like a champ when you're not the Champ?

If you want to celebrate FF, 8ths, 16th or 32nds that's fine, but idiotic for you to expect me to.
I celebrate making a FF at 75% intensity over having a 25% chance to win it all, but reserve the rest for the business left to be finished.

Reactions: JC for 3 and della
I celebrate making a FF at 75% intensity over having a 25% chance to win it all, but reserve the rest for the business left to be finished.
I celebrate Coach Rick Barnes! I had hoped to get 50 replies and I ended up getting 5x that. Obviously, y'all celebrate Barnes too. 🙂

ADVERTISEMENT