ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Barnes

I’ve always really liked Barnes. Seems like a really good guy. Wish he was able to get it done more in the post season but he’s been a really good coach and most schools would be lucky to have him.
Honestly agree. Most of these guys are just trying to help teach young men to the best of themselves.

Stats are just that.
sure we poke fun at stats as fans do, but there's a bigger picture.

Reactions: KUhawks34
@della your fandom with your football team is a lot like us UKers with our basketball team. Both have history that go a long way back. When I was young UT was one of the football teams I tried to watch along with several others.

BTW who is this Rick Barnes character?
Rule number 1….Deller cares nothing about UTs past. It means nothing and has no value to the program or it’s fans.

Yeah barnes is a good coach and seems like a good dude but his post season record is abysmal.

He’s certainly had Cal’s number head to head though. No arguing that.

Reactions: della
Beating the hell outta your rivals?😂 Ah to be a UT fan!!!! The last four years y’all have had your “best teams ever” with your “best coach ever” and couldn’t even make a final four and you’re ok with that? Poor Deller😂
The last 4 years? Barnes has kinda put the kibosh on Cal ever since he arrived at UT. We at UT don't celebrate losses like you Cats fan do.

"I'm a UK fan and we are special cause we just got our asses kicked" Yeah, getting your ass kick is getting your ass kicked. It happens to everyone, but celebrating and bragging about it is kinda stupid.

@della your fandom with your football team is a lot like us UKers with our basketball team. Both have history that go a long way back. When I was young UT was one of the football teams I tried to watch along with several others.

BTW who is this Rick Barnes character?
You probably know him by one of his aliases, Cal Killer or Cat Crusher. 🙂

The last 4 years? Barnes has kinda put the kibosh on Cal ever since he arrived at UT. We at UT don't celebrate losses like you Cats fan do.

"I'm a UK fan and we are special cause we just got our asses kicked" Yeah, getting your ass kick is getting your ass kicked. It happens to everyone, but celebrating and bragging about it is kinda stupid.
Kibosh=2 game win advantage for UT fans! You don’t celebrate loses? So you’re saying that you don’t want UT to make final fours you would rather lose early in the NCAA tourney? Deller, you’ve said some dumb shit on this board but the whole “we don’t celebrate loses” bullshit that you spew could be the worst. How dumb is it for somebody to say they don’t want their team to make a final four. Lose or not I’d rather UK make the final four rather than lose earlier in the tourney. Do better LuLu!!!

Kibosh=2 game win advantage for UT fans! You don’t celebrate loses? So you’re saying that you don’t want UT to make final fours you would rather lose early in the NCAA tourney? Deller, you’ve said some dumb shit on this board but the whole “we don’t celebrate loses” bullshit that you spew could be the worst. How dumb is it for somebody to say they don’t want their team to make a final four. Lose or not I’d rather UK make the final four rather than lose earlier in the tourney. Do better LuLu!!!
Kibosh on Cal's post season aspirations.

I want UT to win and that is it. I only celebrate wins.

I celebrated when UT won the SECT. I would not have celebrated or bragged about coming in second, third or fourth. You bragging about making the FF to UGA fans? 😆

Kibosh on Cal's post season aspirations.

I want UT to win and that is it. I only celebrate wins.

I celebrated when UT won the SECT. I would not have celebrated or bragged about coming in second, third or fourth. You bragging about making the FF to UGA fans? 😆
Just stop! You’re making yourself look ignorant at this point. Everybody on this board knows exactly why you down play final fours and to be honest I’m actually embarrassed for you right now! I understand you don’t know that feeling of getting to a final four but for gods sake don’t make yourself look like an idiot because of it. I might could understand you saying that if you was a National powerhouse but you’re Tennessee for pete’s sake. I don’t know what they’re putting in the Copenhagen these days but that shit has messed you up Deller!

Just stop! You’re making yourself look ignorant at this point. Everybody on this board knows exactly why you down play final fours and to be honest I’m actually embarrassed for you right now! I understand you don’t know that feeling of getting to a final four but for gods sake don’t make yourself look like an idiot because of it. I might could understand you saying that if you was a National powerhouse but you’re Tennessee for pete’s sake. I don’t know what they’re putting in the Copenhagen these days but that shit has messed you up Deller!
No Scooter, I'm making you look ignorant and needy by pointing out you brag about getting your asses kicked.

"Yepi, yepi we just got our asses kicked!!! We got our asses kicked a week after you got your asses kicked!! We didn't win a damned thing, but we are special all the same!!!"

The problem you have is knowing everything I have said is true. 😁

otp-phil.gif

th

Richard (Rick) Barnes, Born July 17th 1954 and kicking basketball Butt ever since

USATSI_12133913.jpg

A serious coach

rick-barnes-tennessee-hired.jpg

A teaching coach

CWTK33EZY5C7VBPNRLUUSPK3FQ.jpg

A Coaching Caesar with the power of CBB life

2NTSIL32LZFCLEQADVQSSONQS4.jpg

or death

rick-barnes-tennessee-ucla-buyoutjpg.jpg

A coach that laughs at the notion of blue bloods

imrs.php

The Coach that is coming after your measly team this winter!
The same coach that thought he had a chance at jett Howard, and got bounced as a 2 seed by um last year??

The same coach that thought he had a chance at jett Howard, and got bounced as a 2 seed by um last year??
We did win our opening tourney game and didn't get beat by the St Peter's peacocks. Why do y'all come back with such stuff considering how venerable you are to this obvious comeback?

Which do you think was worse UT falling to UM in the second round or UK getting shrimp slapped by the St Peter's Peacocks in the opening round?

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
We did win our opening tourney game and didn't get beat by the St Peter's peacocks. Why do y'all come back with such stuff considering how venerable you are to this obvious comeback?

Which do you think was worse UT falling to UM in the second round or UK getting shrimp slapped by the St Peter's Peacocks in the opening round?
I’m a Michigan fan

I’m a Michigan fan
My bad, I thought you were another wacky UK fan leaving their rear wide open to that kind of counter attack.

The UM big man was knocking down 3's all over the place. He was the difference. Well, that and our usually reliable guard going ice cold for the entire game.

Some days you get the chicken and some days you get a mouthful of feathers. That game was a mouthful of feathers for us. Congrats to ya'll.

Reactions: Goblue4220
No Scooter, I'm making you look ignorant and needy by pointing out you brag about getting your asses kicked.

"Yepi, yepi we just got our asses kicked!!! We got our asses kicked a week after you got your asses kicked!! We didn't win a damned thing, but we are special all the same!!!"

The problem you have is knowing everything I have said is true. 😁
In your own mind you’re a legend. There’s no way you can be this dumb Deller😂

In your own mind you’re a legend. There’s no way you can be this dumb Deller😂
Smart move is smart Scooter. If you can't dispute the argument, go after the speaker. 😁

So by your logic Deller you’re saying you don’t want UT to make a final four? You wouldn’t be proud of UT for making the final four? After years and years and years and years and years of not making a final four it looks like you would understand just how hard it is to get there. So now I guess you’re putting Final Fours in the “it don’t mean shit” category with “past accomplishments”? Is that correct???

Smart move is smart Scooter. If you can't dispute the argument, go after the speaker. 😁
Dispute the argument? What’s to dispute? Saying you don’t want your team going to a final four is dumb and you would only hear that from somebody who’s team has never been to a final four. Do you really not get how stupid that is?

So by your logic Deller you’re saying you don’t want UT to make a final four? You wouldn’t be proud of UT for making the final four? After years and years and years and years and years of not making a final four it looks like you would understand just how hard it is to get there. So now I guess you’re putting Final Fours in the “it don’t mean shit” category with “past accomplishments”? Is that correct???
Are you being willfully obtuse? My logic is that I clearly celebrate wins. I do not celebrate losses. I don't celebrate them, but I certainly would never brag about them

You appear to celebrate losses. Did you celebrate making the final four of the SECT? It fits your self expressed Modus operandi.

Dispute the argument? What’s to dispute? Saying you don’t want your team going to a final four is dumb and you would only hear that from somebody who’s team has never been to a final four. Do you really not get how stupid that is?
Why do you celebrate losses Scooter? Have y'all fallen that far?

Are you being willfully obtuse? My logic is that I clearly celebrate wins. I do not celebrate losses. I don't celebrate them, but I certainly would never brag about them

You appear to celebrate losses. Did you celebrate making the final four of the SECT? It fits your self expressed Modus operandi.

Why do you celebrate losses Scooter? Have y'all fallen that far?
I’m just gonna pass all of this off as you being a UT fan and not knowing any better. There’s no way anybody with any little bit of basketball knowledge thinks like you. You’re telling me that if UT beat a team in the elite 8 and made a final four you wouldn’t be proud??? You wouldn’t expect UT to hang a final four banner? Think long and hard about this before you answer! Your program has been around how many years and has never made it to a final four but you wanna say it shouldn’t be celebrated? You think people make a final 4 and then celebrate if they lose? You’re surely not that dumb Deller c’mon!

I’m just gonna pass all of this off as you being a UT fan and not knowing any better. There’s no way anybody with any little bit of basketball knowledge thinks like you. You’re telling me that if UT beat a team in the elite 8 and made a final four you wouldn’t be proud??? You wouldn’t expect UT to hang a final four banner? Think long and hard about this before you answer! Your program has been around how many years and has never made it to a final four but you wanna say it shouldn’t be celebrated? You think people make a final 4 and then celebrate if they lose? You’re surely not that dumb Deller c’mon!
Of course you are going to pass, cause you can't form a counter to it that has a shred of any sense.😆

So in your mind you think teams and fans who make a final four are celebrating because they lose??? Sweetheart players run on the floor and fans celebrate when they make a final four. They don’t wait til the game is over and do all that celebrating if they lose. Have you thought for all these years that it works that way?? Poor thing!!!!😂

Of course you are going to pass, cause you can't form a counter to it that has a shred of any sense.😆
No baby cakes it’s just that your take on this is legit the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in my life. I can’t believe you would even post something that stupid.

Last edited:
No baby cakes it’s just that your take on this is legit the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard in my life. I can’t believe you would even post something that stupid.
You celebrate and brag about getting your ass kicked. I'll give you this, at least you admit it. 🙂

You never answered if you celebrated for SECT final four? Well?😆

If we win the SEC tourney or the SEC regular season yes I’m happy but the NCAA is the prize. You see the difference between the two right?

If we win the SEC tourney or the SEC regular season yes I’m happy but the NCAA is the prize. You see the difference between the two right?
I asked about if y'all are in the SECT final four. You celebrate that? Will you weaponize that against SCAR or Vandy?

I asked about if y'all are in the SECT final four. You celebrate that? Will you weaponize that against SCAR or Vandy?
SECT final four? Never heard of it! Della, why do you ask such dumbass questions? When have you ever heard anybody on TV or in person say “yea this SECT final four is gonna be killer”??? You make no damn sense.

SECT final four? Never heard of it! Della, why do you ask such dumbass questions? When have you ever heard anybody on TV or in person say “yea this SECT final four is gonna be killer”??? You make no damn sense.
Don't be so dense. The SECT FF is the last 4 teams in the SECT. Y'all made the FF last year and did you celebrate it?

Since FFs are nothing but an arbitrary position leading up to the championship, so I was wondering if you celebrated that one?

University of Kentucky Wildcats proud Final Four members of the 2022 SECT!! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Don't be so dense. The SECT FF is the last 4 teams in the SECT. Y'all made the FF last year and did you celebrate it?

Since FFs are nothing but an arbitrary position leading up to the championship, so I was wondering if you celebrated that one?

University of Kentucky Wildcats proud Final Four members of the 2022 SECT!! 😆
Oh I see what you’re doing here. UT can’t make the big boy final four so you’re trying to make up an SECT final four so you can finally claim one. Man alive, you poor bastards are desperate!😂

Oh I see what you’re doing here. UT can’t make the big boy final four so you’re trying to make up an SECT final four so you can finally claim one. Man alive, you poor bastards are desperate!😂
We won the SECT goofball. You're the one that only made the final four. I asked you if you stuck your chest out and bragged about it. Did you? 😆

We won the SECT goofball. You're the one that only made the final four. I asked you if you stuck your chest out and bragged about it. Did you? 😆
You calling the SECT “the final four” shows you have no clue LuLu. Get some sleep and get up and google “the final four” in the morning and see if you can do better!

The fact that an Elite 8 banner hangs in ut's arena rafters blows any of Della's attempted argument to shit.

The fact that an Elite 8 banner hangs in ut's arena rafters blows any of Della's attempted argument to shit.
No, it doesn't. Where do banners come from and where do trophies come from. Banners are ordered by a school. Trophies are awarded upon winning a contest. Your move... 😆

No, it doesn't. Where do banners come from and where do trophies come from. Banners are ordered by a school. Trophies are awarded upon winning a contest. Your move... 😆
What a surprise...another spin job from you. The school obviously values their lone Elite 8 appearance so the team\program you root for doesn't even agree with you.

What a surprise...another spin job from you. The school obviously values their lone Elite 8 appearance so the team\program you root for doesn't even agree with you.
I'm really calling things the way they are. You're the one trying to spin that an arbitrary position in a tourney that you got your ass kicked is something to brag about or weaponize against rivals.

You got any trophies for losing in the final 4? 😆

You proud of making it into the SECT final 4?😆

If your 4th in line at the drive through do you celebrate? 😆 😆 😆

Scotty's right. You clearly have no grasp of accomplishment levels in college basketball. Probably should chalk that up to inexperience.

Reactions: Scotty00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT