ADVERTISEMENT

Random Game Thread

Slow day today, beloved University of Louisville fighting Cardinals squaring off with Maryland @ 10am.

Others

Marshall/IU
UCLA/UNLV
LSU/WF
St Bonny/N Iowa
BYU/Utah - this is a big rivalry right?

This Bama/Memphis game is brought to you by McD's. Everyone in attendance gets a free turnover.

I could have went. I'm ok with watching it at home.

Also, Bates looks like Gene Simmons out there.

As much as I like seeing bama get smoked, Memphis picked a crappy time to figure things out, we play them Saturday.

Yes, it was a three game deal with the coach before Penny came to Memphis. I doubt we renew it after the way Penny acted in one of the games.
The flop game? Penny was a bitch after a flopping game.

For some reason, I thought y'all played in Nashville when Calipari was coach? During his latter years.

Maybe I'm confused. Was one of y'all #1 and lost to the other?

Edit: I'm thinking of this:

1. February 23, 2008 #2 Tennessee 66 #1 Memphis 62​

Is there any doubt this is the top moment in the Tennessee/Memphis rivalry?

Okay, maybe not if you’re a Memphis fan. But you still have to admit this game was great for college basketball.

Memphis and Tennessee, two programs in the same state separated by nearly 400 miles of interstate, were the top two teams in the nation when they met in late February 2008.

The Tigers were riding a 47 game home winning streak. They had nearly made it to March undefeated. But the Vols, who had lost only twice up to that point in the season, were hungry to prove they were the best team in the state.

Beating Memphis wasn’t easy for the Vols that night. Chris Lofton had an off night, scoring only 7 points. Tyler Smith was able to pick up some of the slack, scoring 16 points. Wayne Chism also did his part, converting on three of his five attempts from beyond the arc.

Memphis wouldn’t lose again until the National Champsionship game against Kansas.

The Vols ended up losing in the Sweet 16 to Louisville, finishing with only five losses on the season.

The flop game? Penny was a bitch after a flopping game.

For some reason, I thought y'all played in Nashville when Calipari was coach? During his latter years.

Maybe I'm confused. Was one of y'all #1 and lost to the other?

Edit: I'm thinking of this:

1. February 23, 2008 #2 Tennessee 66 #1 Memphis 62​

Is there any doubt this is the top moment in the Tennessee/Memphis rivalry?

Okay, maybe not if you’re a Memphis fan. But you still have to admit this game was great for college basketball.

Memphis and Tennessee, two programs in the same state separated by nearly 400 miles of interstate, were the top two teams in the nation when they met in late February 2008.

The Tigers were riding a 47 game home winning streak. They had nearly made it to March undefeated. But the Vols, who had lost only twice up to that point in the season, were hungry to prove they were the best team in the state.

Beating Memphis wasn’t easy for the Vols that night. Chris Lofton had an off night, scoring only 7 points. Tyler Smith was able to pick up some of the slack, scoring 16 points. Wayne Chism also did his part, converting on three of his five attempts from beyond the arc.

Memphis wouldn’t lose again until the National Champsionship game against Kansas.

The Vols ended up losing in the Sweet 16 to Louisville, finishing with only five losses on the season.
No, it was a couple of years ago and we won that one.

I've not watch many Bama games, and watched most UM games. Bama strength is on the offensive side, definitely not the defensive.

everything-is-going-xake5l.jpg

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What did he do?
He was spouting off about the game which clearly didn't go as he said it did. It's all on tape. Then he smarted off against Barnes.

Later on he apologized, but I think Barnes will say screw Penny no more games.

Don't you play them in Nashville?
Oh yeah, there is another reason UT won't be playing Memphis. Several years ago UT was offered a sizable amout of money to play Nova at Madison square gardens, but Fox wanted the game to be played when UT was playing Memphis in Nashville. UT asked Memphis to move the game to accommodate that and Memphis refused. UT didn't like that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Davidson has put on an absolute clinic these past 6 minutes to close this out. Bama resorted to one on one and chucking threes.

This flagrant 1 call against Iowa State may be the worse call I've seen this year.

Pulling hard for KU with Roy there tonight though.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT