ADVERTISEMENT

Question About Refs . . .

Sure. Probably has to to do with the sheer size of the fanbase. If it were smaller like some programs, it wouldn't have enough voice behind it to be noticeable. I agree it is odd. What's interesting to me is in Higgins' case, SO MANY people were on the same page with the perceived slights. Not sure how a mob mentality develops through a mostly anonymous fanbase. I guess so many people saw the same thing and came to the same conclusions, atypical of the usual "refs" threads.
I'd agree that there were some missed calls with Higgins, but the conspiracy doesn't just involve him. There are like 8 refs talked about pretty commonly like they have some agenda against UK. And it might have something to do with size of internet message board fanbase, but as an outside fan looking in, it seems like a lack of reality and rational thinking on this portion of the fanbase is an unhealthy percentage-------borderline uneducated at best. Its both funny and sad that people truly believe this. There are so outliers here for sure---but not like the percentages on the homeboard which seem to rule the roost.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Officials/John_Higgins.html

Found the Higgins page. It makes sense that he hasn’t worked one of their games since last year considering that he’s only worked 8 of their games ever. Also, all of those losses were to really good teams.
Thanks for the link.
Looking at the stats. In games that Higgins has refereed for UK,
UK was called for 140 fouls
Opponents were called for 156

UK shot 169 FTs
Opp shot 150 FTs

UK had 2 players foul out
Opp had 4 players foul out.

Damn no wonder Higgins hasn’t worked any UK games this year. There’s a obvious bias he shows towards UK.

Looking at the stats. In games that Higgins has refereed for UK,
UK was called for 140 fouls
Opponents were called for 156

UK shot 169 FTs
Opp shot 150 FTs

UK had 2 players foul out
Opp had 4 players foul out.

Damn no wonder Higgins hasn’t worked any UK games this year. There’s a obvious bias he shows towards UK.

The gifs posted earlier are certainly reflected in those same stats somewhere. I think an interesting stat would be ratio of error, post replay. Stats don't lie, nor are they corrected , nor do they reflect the importance of timing, egregiousness or what the shot clock shows when the ball leaves the players hands, etc. Stats are nice, but only list a number, they don't reflect if the call was accurate or not. You're certainly not wrong . . . but black and white doesn't necessarily mean it's accurate or fair.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT