ADVERTISEMENT

Providence Friars

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
Providence is 20-2 on the season and ranked 15th.

Did anybody else realize this, or even care?

Every time I even glimpsed at them, they had either taken one of their apparently two losses on the season, or were struggling against somebody average as they typically do........

And still, they are right there in the thick of the Big East race, with one of the best records in the nation.

Reactions: duckboy33
We played them in our 7th game this season at Providence. We lost 72-68. Refs took the game over. In 40 minutes they called a combined 51 fouls for 62 free throw attempts.

Providence - 22 PF and 28-38 FT.
TTU - 29 PF and 17-24 FT.

We played them in our 7th game this season at Providence. We lost 72-68. Refs took the game over. In 40 minutes they called a combined 51 fouls for 62 free throw attempts.

Providence - 22 PF and 28-38 FT.
TTU - 29 PF and 17-24 FT.
I hadn't been betting Providence because every game I saw them in they either were struggling with someone, or it was a close game against a decent opponent.

Way too much sweat for that, but apparently they've been good for 20 parlay hits so far, if you did bet on them........

No games against top 10 opponents.
If Providence can split with 'nova and beat Xavier at home they should be a solid 3rd or 4th seed. Its a far cry from what the Big East used to be.

Providence is #1 on the KenPom luck category. They're 12-0 in games decided by 8 points or less. Right now they look like a solid 3 or 4 seed, even though they're still not quite a top 40 team by the metrics. They could be a popular upset pick in the 1st Round.

I don't even think they're nearly as good as that team.

Not as much talent, I would agree with that. But, the difference in efficiency margins is similar. Both teams won a boatload of close games.

2020 Auburn was 33rd in KenPom. Adjusted Efficiency Margin was 15.91
2022 Providence is 41st in KenPom. Adjuste Efficiency Margi is 14.89

So, Auburn has a net advantage of 1 point per 100 possessions over them.

ADVERTISEMENT