ADVERTISEMENT

***Official B1G Off-Season Thread***

Well thats kind of important...
Between Ty Rodgers, Dra Gibbs-Lawhorn, Sencire Harris, and Justin Harmon we’ll be better than last years rotation at the position.

Will certainly stall out the offense if Rodgers/Harris don’t improve as shooters

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I’m also willing to bet that Illinois won’t make the sweet 16 in 2024. U prolly are too much of a pvssy to make that bet however

• Haha
Reactions: 1016CC0503
I’m also willing to bet that Illinois won’t make the sweet 16 in 2024. U prolly are too much of a pvssy to make that bet however
We’ve went from Illinois will be an NIT team to wont make the sweet 16 in 2 posts.

God you’re a loser, NITGO2022

• Haha
Reactions: MGO2022
We’ve went from Illinois will be an NIT team to wont make the sweet 16 in 2 posts.

God you’re a loser, NITGO2022
You know they won’t make the sweet 16, because they haven’t in modern times. No one currently enrolled at Illinois actually is old enough to remember the last time they made it past the first weekend 😂 Illinois just sucks at sports so much

I would never make a bet about tournament results before seeing the bracket, NITGO2022.
It doesn’t matter what the bracket looks like, Illinois isn’t making it past the first weekend, quit making excuses and just admit that you are pvssy and afraid, and a fan of a team that hasn’t been to a sweet 16 since George W Bush was in office

It doesn’t matter what the bracket looks like, Illinois isn’t making it past the first weekend
Why are you talking about the actual tourney still when you said we were NIT bound? Are you changing your mind already?

Why can’t you just admit that you have a vagina?
Big-Ten.jpg

No idea. But there will be options.

Reneau(5*) averaged 6.1ppg/3.7rpg and shot 55%---14mpg. Possible he gets better? He'll obviously get more minutes..

Galloway--Really improved his shot a ton. 7ppg...shot 46% from three. Needs to shoot more.

XJ returns..

Mgbako 5*
Ware 5*

Lot of talent. Just depends. But its not like Woodson is running a YMCA roster out there.
You're also talking to a Purdue fan, so discount the post as they never believe IU has any talent or could be any good.

IU clearly has a ton of talent and some seasoned guys. No clue if it all gels but they seem to have the talent to be capable of beating anyone on any given night. I think we'll win some we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't. At least think we'll be a tournament team.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
You're also talking to a Purdue fan, so discount the post as they never believe IU has any talent or could be any good.

IU clearly has a ton of talent and some seasoned guys. No clue if it all gels but they seem to have the talent to be capable of beating anyone on any given night. I think we'll win some we shouldn't and lose some we shouldn't. At least think we'll be a tournament team.
No doubt IU has talent. That is rarely the issue. As you say, it’s TBD on if they gel.

No doubt IU has talent. That is rarely the issue. As you say, it’s TBD on if they gel.
One positive I’m holding on to that could help with the gelling is good senior leadership from Johnson and Galloway. But, until we see them play some games, impossible to call weather they will come together or not.

One positive I’m holding on to that could help with the gelling is good senior leadership from Johnson and Galloway. But, until we see them play some games, impossible to call weather they will come together or not.
You guys know your players much better than I but when I think of leadership, XJ is about last on the list of guys I think of. Dude just seems really volatile.

Galloway certainly leads by example and seems like a good leader.

You guys know your players much better than I but when I think of leadership, XJ is about last on the list of guys I think of. Dude just seems really volatile.

He needs to harness it a bit but I like the attitude, I think this team will need that.

I'm speaking more toward things like keeping a good team culture, being good examples for the new players, being vocal on the court, etc.. Leadership can be many different things. From all accounts, XJ has been a very good person/teammate and I think he'll do just fine as a captain with Galloway.

His play can certainly be volatile or erratic, lol, hoping that is more consistent this year too.

His play can certainly be volatile or erratic, lol, hoping that is more consistent this year too.
Last 19 games he averaged like 14/5/5---96 assists to 42 turnovers. Shot 38% from three.... In IU's last 20 games, he scored in double figures in like 17....

He was just really, really good second half of the year---Really good.

I think last year, he was just pressing, plus trying to learn how to play along side JHS.

What makes me feel comfortable with X as a captain is, how he conducted himself, even though injured. Very involved...very vocal....engaging in warm-ups when he could. Thats the actions of a kid who has grown the **** up. He knows....this is it. Senior year. I expect solid things from X.

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
Last 19 games he averaged like 14/5/5---96 assists to 42 turnovers. Shot 38% from three.... In IU's last 20 games, he scored in double figures in like 17....

He was just really, really good second half of the year---Really good.

I think last year, he was just pressing, plus trying to learn how to play along side JHS.

What makes me feel comfortable with X as a captain is, how he conducted himself, even though injured. Very involved...very vocal....engaging in warm-ups when he could. Thats the actions of a kid who has grown the **** up. He knows....this is it. Senior year. I expect solid things from X.
Exactly. Totally agree.

So being a Purdue fan means I can't have legitimate questions? Anyone with half a brain knows IU lost their two best scorers, so it's not a bizarre question. I never said IU will be dogshit, I asked who will replace their production. I agree they'll being up and down this year (potential tournament team) as you've predicted, but that just proves my point that there are questions on whether the talent will be able to match the production last year's team had.

So being a Purdue fan means I can't have legitimate questions? Anyone with half a brain knows IU lost their two best scorers, so it's not a bizarre question. I never said IU will be dogshit, I asked who will replace their production. I agree they'll being up and down this year (potential tournament team) as you've predicted, but that just proves my point that there are questions on whether the talent will be able to match the production last year's team had.
This is a much better post than your prior. Had you posted this, I wouldn't have responded. But just saying what you did led to my response because it came across as trolling.

There is zero doubt IU has talent----Reneau, Mgbako and Ware all 5*. XJ's return is huge. Galloway has improved vastly... Kid I think COULD have himself a year is Kaleb Banks. Really excited about this kid. 4A Georgia POY in HS, rated as high as 78th.

But tons of questions, sure....

Best bet in the B10 is PU and MSU. I would not pick anyone right now other than those two.

Its why I said, "ON PAPER:, IU could be an issue. Very talented...more athletic, with more speed. Can put a ton of length and size on the floor with Ware(7'), Walker, Reneau and Sparks at 6'9'---Mgbako 6'8". Banks at 6'7". IU could run some pretty big, athletic and long line-ups out there.

Need Gunn to live up to his shooting. Kid was nails in HS. Seemed the game was to fast for him. Very athletic, great size(6'6")---His shot looks great---just got sped up.

I like the potential of this team and think it fits what Woody wants to do offensively. Will need for X and TG to shoot it well....and as mentioned, Gunn.

Looking forward to seeing how this roster pans out. If the pieces fit, MM/Ware are as good, or at least close, to as advertised...IU could be a problem.

Or well, not. I think this is a tournament team---Or should be.

Torvik rankings for B1G:
1. Purdue
8. MSU
28. Illinois
29. Wisconsin
31. Indiana
35. Northwestern
37. Maryland
40. OSU
46. Iowa
48. Nebraska
58. Rutgers
63. Michigan
128. Minnesota
148. PSU

Reactions: texanhoosier1982
He needs to harness it a bit but I like the attitude, I think this team will need that.
A Coach taking a player's car away is rarely a sign of a good leader. that said, this year off may have helped him out. He is one of if not the top on ball defender in the league.

There is zero doubt IU has talent----Reneau, Mgbako and Ware all 5*. XJ's return is huge. Galloway has improved vastly... Kid I think COULD have himself a year is Kaleb Banks. Really excited about this kid. 4A Georgia POY in HS, rated as high as 78th.

But tons of questions, sure....

Best bet in the B10 is PU and MSU. I would not pick anyone right now other than those two.

Its why I said, "ON PAPER:, IU could be an issue. Very talented...more athletic, with more speed. Can put a ton of length and size on the floor with Ware(7'), Walker, Reneau and Sparks at 6'9'---Mgbako 6'8". Banks at 6'7". IU could run some pretty big, athletic and long line-ups out there.

Need Gunn to live up to his shooting. Kid was nails in HS. Seemed the game was to fast for him. Very athletic, great size(6'6")---His shot looks great---just got sped up.

I like the potential of this team and think it fits what Woody wants to do offensively. Will need for X and TG to shoot it well....and as mentioned, Gunn.

Looking forward to seeing how this roster pans out. If the pieces fit, MM/Ware are as good, or at least close, to as advertised...IU could be a problem.

Or well, not. I think this is a tournament team---Or should be.
Pu has everyone coming back and that is great, but they have been so exposed...particularly in the back court.

ADVERTISEMENT