55 Jakai Newton (Indiana) - Down 10
64 Jeremy Fears (MSU) - Down 16
65 George Washington III (OSU) - Down 31
70 Jahnathan Lamothe (Maryland) - Down 21
100 Myles Colvin (Purdue) - Up 46
112 Gus Yalden (Wisky) - Down 19
130 Gabe Cupps (Indiana) - Down 6

The difference is we know who we are.
Who here has claimed IU was awesome over the past 6 years? Fans are cautiously optimistic going into next year because of the roster.
Outside of that Woodson still has a lot to prove and many of us have made that clear already.

You ended up coming closer, sure.

But coming into that second weekend as a 3 seed versus a 15 seed in the sweet 16 and an 8 seed in the Elite 8, that you beat handily earlier in the season, will look like your best chance in retrospect.

Not to mention you had a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft.
The mental gymnastics of this post are impressive.

It's okay to just say you forgot about that 2019 tournament - I sure wish I could.

The mental gymnastics of this post are impressive.

It's okay to just say you forgot about that 2019 tournament - I sure wish I could.
Not at all.

If you had the teams laid out in front of you for both of those tourneys, well one of them was a significantly easier path.

And you guys blew it to a 15 seed.

stirring-the-pot-will-truman.gif

Purdue finally got a guard. No idea how his game will translate to the B1G. Looks like he's a good shooter. He's a career 41.3% shooter from three. He's also on his 4th program in 5 years (That's just dumb.....I hate the transfer rule).

Purdue finally got a guard. No idea how his game will translate to the B1G. Looks like he's a good shooter. He's a career 41.3% shooter from three. He's also on his 4th program in 5 years (That's just dumb.....I hate the transfer rule).
Not bad I mean he played 19 min and avg 8.5 and .7 asst for an 11-20.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
The difference is we know who we are.
I'd say mot IU fans know "who/what we are"----program with a rich tradition, that has been meh the past 20 years. Haven't seen anyone claim otherwise. There's plenty reason to be excited about the upcoming season----with caution of course. BUt on paper, probably the most talented/best IU team since 2016....Find a couple more shooters, and this team has the capability of being up there with the 2013 team....Main questions are: Can we hit perimeter shots---or at least enough---And does Woody improve/adjust as a coach. Other than that, really no other concerns.

I'd say mot IU fans know "who/what we are"----program with a rich tradition, that has been meh the past 20 years. Haven't seen anyone claim otherwise. There's plenty reason to be excited about the upcoming season----with caution of course. BUt on paper, probably the most talented/best IU team since 2016....Find a couple more shooters, and this team has the capability of being up there with the 2013 team....Main questions are: Can we hit perimeter shots---or at least enough---And does Woody improve/adjust as a coach. Other than that, really no other concerns.

Pretty favorable schedule for Illinois as we get the bottom 4 teams (Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn St, and Northwestern) for home/away.

Plus we get you guys twice, so there is a couple auto-dubs😉
Tough to tell who will emerge this year but the only semi decent team we play twice is you guys. The rest blow chunks.

ILLINOIS
Home: Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers
Away: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

INDIANA
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

IOWA
Home: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan
Away: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

MARYLAND
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern
Away: Iowa, Michigan State, Rutgers
Home/Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue, Ohio State, Wisconsin

MICHIGAN
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin

MICHIGAN STATE
Home: Maryland, Minnesota, Northwestern
Away: Illinois, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers

MINNESOTA
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Penn State
Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin

NEBRASKA
Home: Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue

NORTHWESTERN
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue
Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

OHIO STATE
Home: Minnesota, Penn State, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

PENN STATE
Home: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State
Away: Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State

PURDUE
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers
Away: Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State

RUTGERS
Home: Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska
Away: Illinois, Purdue, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State

WISCONSIN
Home: Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio State
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State

On quick perusal;

I'd say advantage Illinois, Rutgers and Wisconsin

I'd say disadvantage Indiana, Penn State and Northwestern

ILLINOIS
Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

INDIANA
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

IOWA
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin

MARYLAND
Home/Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Purdue, Ohio State, Wisconsin

MICHIGAN
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State, Wisconsin

MICHIGAN STATE

MINNESOTA

NEBRASKA
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue

NORTHWESTERN

OHIO STATE
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

PENN STATE

PURDUE
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State

RUTGERS
Home/Away: Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State

WISCONSIN
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State

On quick perusal;

Does it really matter for pedo st or northwestern?

Reactions: RichieRebel
ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

MARYLAND

MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN STATE

MINNESOTA

NEBRASKA

NORTHWESTERN

OHIO STATE

PENN STATE

PURDUE

RUTGERS

WISCONSIN

On quick perusal;

I'm actually liking Maryland's schedule. 3 of the 4 "bottom feeders" we have a home and home, and 2 of the perceived best teams we get at home only.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I highly doubt that's the opinion of 99.99% of Indiana fans----more like Barstools opinion---I guess. Certainly not mine----Then again,maybe it was a poll that was dominated by 18-30 year olds---I dunno.

For me, what I witnessed...

1. Upset of #1 UNC in 1984 SW 16 over the Jordan led Tar Heels. IU was huuuuuuuuge dogs. Still cannot believe THAT team beat THAT UNC team..

2. 1981 title win over UNC....Hell the tournament itself TBH. IU entered NCAAT 21-9. Entered B10 play 7-5, but got it going----though at one point they were 10-7, 3-2, but ended year going 11-2, and winning the B10. Then got in the NCAAT and just prison raped everyone. winning by 23ppg. WOn by 35, 15, 32, 18 and beat UNC , 63-50 for the title.

3. Keith Smart shot.....Really nothing more to say.

4. 1992 beat down of UCLA in West Regional Final. Might be the best I've ever seen an Indiana team play. Hoosiers had been blown out by the Bruins in their season opener, 87-72. UCLA talked some serious smack heading into the final-----BUt the "M&M boys were locked down,and IU absolutely put on a clinic----winning 106-79.

5. 2002 Final Four run, in other words, beating THAT Duke team in the SW 16----followed by an unbelievable 3 point barrage vs Kent State in the Regional Final...

But thats just me.....Sure there are some great shots, buzzer beaters that are memorable----and certainly the shot by Watford is up there. BUt so is the Jay Edwards shot to beat Michigan....Phins shot vs Purdue....hell even Robs shot vs Butler. Edwards shot to beat Purdue....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
@hailtoyourvictor @GOO_HAM our boys Poole and Draymond got the chip tonight! Fun watch, what a bounce back Golden State had.

I never in a million years expected Draymond Green or Jordan Poole to be as good NBA players as they have become.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
ILLINOIS

INDIANA

IOWA

MARYLAND

MICHIGAN

MICHIGAN STATE

MINNESOTA

NEBRASKA

NORTHWESTERN

OHIO STATE

PENN STATE

PURDUE

RUTGERS

WISCONSIN

On quick perusal;

Disadvantage for IU??? All six of our one game "series" are , well pretty favorable. We don't go to Wisconsin or OSU....Also get Nebby at home. @MD, Minny and PSU(I think they are gonna be pretty good) ...Should go 5-1 in those games----at worse. Won at MD and MInny last year---lost by 3 @ PSU.

Personally I think we got a pretty damn good schedule.

SHould win both vs NW....Possibly Rutgers.

IMO, feel our B10 schedule sets up nicely for 14 wins, maybe more.

Disadvantage for IU??? All six of our one game "series" are , well pretty favorable. We don't go to Wisconsin or OSU....Also get Nebby at home. @MD, Minny and PSU(I think they are gonna be pretty good) ...Should go 5-1 in those games----at worse. Won at MD and MInny last year---lost by 3 @ PSU.

Personally I think we got a pretty damn good schedule.

SHould win both vs NW....Possibly Rutgers.

IMO, feel our B10 schedule sets up nicely for 14 wins, maybe more.
Only 14 wins?

That’s not gonna be enough for a title, imo.

Reactions: B1G_Fan
14 could get you a shared title but 15-16 is probably the number you need most years.
Looking at Illinois’ schedule and I think 15-5 is pretty likely.

Split these 10 games; Indiana (x2), Wisconsin (x2), Ohio St (x2), vs Mich, vs MSU, @Iowa, and @Purdue.

The rest should be wins.

Looking at Illinois’ schedule and I think 15-5 is pretty likely.

Split these 10 games; Indiana (x2), Wisconsin (x2), Ohio St (x2), vs Mich, vs MSU, @Iowa, and @Purdue.

The rest should be wins.
Just have to **** around and find out. I could see several teams in contention late. Nobody, to me, is a runaway. Which means one team will probably go 18-2.

@hailtoyourvictor @GOO_HAM our boys Poole and Draymond got the chip tonight! Fun watch, what a bounce back Golden State had.

I never in a million years expected Draymond Green or Jordan Poole to be as good NBA players as they have become.
Draymonds Game 6 was one of the best games he has ever played in his life . Incredible performance by him .

Poole had a great game 6 as well !

Reactions: MGC_07
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT