ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft Thread

Lmao of course my Hornets draft “Flex”
giphy.gif

Reactions: jhmossy
Did not see that one coming, bout like Miles Plumlee being drafted in the first round in 2012.
I expected maybe #21 , just not #11. Local sports radio guy in Raleigh was saying he was going in 2nd half of lottery and everyone laughed at him.

Reactions: Quavarius
I expected maybe #21 , just not #11. Local sports radio guy in Raleigh was saying he was going in 2nd half of lottery and everyone laughed at him.

I think they said one of the Suns’ GM knew Cam from an early age (IIRC). But it’s still a come up!

Lmao of course my Hornets draft “Flex”

Don’t see how you don’t like this kid he’s plays hard and is a pretty good player. If the “flex” gets to you I don’t see how you like any player in college basketball. They all do it.

Keldon Johnson went way later than I expected after he got his green room invite and pre-draft chatter. Probably ended up about where I thought he would before his green room invite, to be fair.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Keldon Johnson went way later than I expected after he got his green room invite and pre-draft chatter. Probably ended up about where I thought he would before his green room invite, to be fair.

UK with 3 first round picks. Obviously they made the Final Four this past year.

Reactions: HRTheCard
UVA with three drafted players. Some shitty franchises though.

Hunter to the Hawks at 4
Jerome to the Suns at 24
Guy to the Kings at 55

Former UVA player Marial Shayok to 76ers at 54 too

Last edited:
Sometimes I don't think we appreciate how hard it is just to get drafted. Take a peek at some of these names

Notable Undrafted Underclassmen who were highly regarded in high school (often thought of as potential 1st rounders sometime in the past 12 months or so):
Jaylen Hoard, Wake Forest
Lindell Wigginton, Iowa State
Lugentz Dort, Arizona State
Louis King, Oregon
Moses Brown, UCLA
Kris Wilkes, UCLA
Jontay Porter, Missouri
Simi Shittu, Vanderbilt
Naz Reid, LSU

Undrafted Upperclassmen who had very successful collegiate careers (obviously not everyone on this list was a serious prospect to get drafted, but still underscores how hard it is to make it to the league):
Luke Maye, North Carolina
Ky Bowman, Boston College
Tyus Battle, Syracuse
Marcquiese Reed, Clemson
Justin Robinson, Virginia Tech
Phil Booth, Villanova
Shamorie Ponds, St.John's
Dedric Lawson, Kansas (still confused by this? how? DL can play)
Dean Wade, Kansas State
Sagaba Konate, West Virginia
James Palmer, Nebraska
Juwan Morgan, Indiana
Jordan Murphy, Minnesota
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
Charles Matthews, Michigan
Jared Harper, Auburn
Bryce Brown, Auburn
Chris Silva, South Carolina
Terence Davis, Ole Miss
Corey Davis, Houstoun
Aubrey Dawkins, UCF
Tacko Fall, UCF
Zach Norvell, Gonzaga
Mike Daum, South Dakota State
Chris Clemons, Campbell
Fletcher Magee, Wofford
John Konchar, Fort Wayne

Sometimes I don't think we appreciate how hard it is just to get drafted. Take a peek at some of these names

Notable Undrafted Underclassmen who were highly regarded in high school (often thought of as potential 1st rounders sometime in the past 12 months or so):
Louis King, Oregon
Moses Brown, UCLA
Kris Wilkes, UCLA
Jontay Porter, Missouri
Simi Shittu, Vanderbilt
Naz Reid, LSU

Undrafted Upperclassmen who had very successful collegiate careers (obviously not everyone on this list was a serious prospect to get drafted, but still underscores how hard it is to make it to the league):
Tyus Battle, Syracuse
Marcquiese Reed, Clemson
Phil Booth, Villanova
Dean Wade, Kansas State
James Palmer, Nebraska
Juwan Morgan, Indiana
Jordan Murphy, Minnesota
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
Jared Harper, Auburn
Bryce Brown, Auburn
Terence Davis, Ole Miss
Corey Davis, Houstoun
Aubrey Dawkins, UCF
Tacko Fall, UCF
Zach Norvell, Gonzaga
Chris Clemons, Campbell
Fletcher Magee, Wofford
John Konchar, Fort Wayne
I’m guessing Dedric Lawson’s peak vertical jump of 9 inches did him in.

He is skilled but I cant see him being any sort of impact player with his total lack of athleticism.

He can shoot and rebound. 9 foot standing reach. Good skillset. Obviously he wouldn't own the paint in the NBA like he does in college, but seems like he would do well enough to at least be a backup 4?

Reactions: toonces11
He can shoot and rebound. 9 foot standing reach. Good skillset. Obviously he wouldn't own the paint in the NBA like he does in college, but seems like he would do well enough to at least be a backup 4?
Hopefully! I just don't see him being able to guard effectively and score over NBA length and athleticism.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Also, I saw he had a max vert of 28.5 in the 2016 combine. I know 28.5 inches isn't anything to brag about, because it's very, very below average for a basketball player. But, John Henson had a max vert of 30 inches, and he's regarded as very good shot-blocker. Just think there's a lot more to basketball than what some of those athletic measurement tests tell us.

Shocked someone didn’t take a flyer on Naz Reid.

But dang am I happy for Mfiondu and Terance Mann. Two of the hardest working, selfless individuals you’ll ever meet. Kabengele is so much about the team that he had the name of all 17 of his teammates at FSU stitched into the lining of his suit jacket so they “could be in the green room with him.”

Second time in three years FSU had two guys selected. Mfiondu went from virtually no scholarship offers to a first round pick and Mann went from the 100th best player in his class to a top 50 pick through 4 years of hard work.

Lookout for the L.A. Seminoles!

Reactions: jhmossy and olsonab

Louis King, Oregon
Moses Brown, UCLA
Kris Wilkes, UCLA
Jontay Porter, Missouri
Simi Shittu, Vanderbilt
Naz Reid, LSU

Tyus Battle, Syracuse
Marcquiese Reed, Clemson
Phil Booth, Villanova
Dean Wade, Kansas State
James Palmer, Nebraska
Juwan Morgan, Indiana
Jordan Murphy, Minnesota
Ethan Happ, Wisconsin
Jared Harper, Auburn
Bryce Brown, Auburn
Terence Davis, Ole Miss
Corey Davis, Houstoun
Aubrey Dawkins, UCF
Tacko Fall, UCF
Zach Norvell, Gonzaga
Chris Clemons, Campbell
Fletcher Magee, Wofford
John Konchar, Fort Wayne

Matthews probably would have gotten drafted without the recent ACL tear.

Point still stands though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT