ADVERTISEMENT

Langford sitting out Indiana’s NIT game.

I also liked the take that he shouldn't be able to travel with the team or go to school, yeah that would really put him off having to start his personal pre draft boot camps and getting his signing bonus fronted, Like Romeo has set foot in a classroom since first semester lol .
I know I will get some flack for saying this. But any player who sits out, NIT or not, should immediately be released from school. We recruited you to help our program while housing you and offering you a chance at an education and you bail out on your team? Bye. NOT THAT IT WOULD BE MUCH OF A LOSS TO THE PLAYER, but at least it would inconvenience them by having to pack their shit sooner than expected.

Out ahead of you here pal.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
Yes, that's 100% what I believe. He wasn't injured. He slightly banged up his knee and was able to walk on his own power off the court and back to the locker room which he did with a barely noticeable limp. Then his family immediately ran down to the locker room where a lengthy discussion was held, so long that Zion didn't even return to the bench despite such a minor injury.

I'm convinced that his family pushed for him to sit the rest of the year to protect draft status and eventually a compromise was reached where Zion would sit the rest of the regular season and then return for the post season.

I've never seen someone suffer a knee sprain that is so severe it requires the player to miss several weeks and yet that player was able to ambulate on his own with only a very slight limp. Compare to Marvin Bagley who suffered the same grade 1 knee sprain that had him out 1-2 weeks. Bagley was in such pain he had to be carried off the court. THAT is the normal reaction of someone suffering a knee sprain that is severe enough to warrant several weeks off.
Sounds legit.

Yes, that's 100% what I believe. He wasn't injured. He slightly banged up his knee and was able to walk on his own power off the court and back to the locker room which he did with a barely noticeable limp. Then his family immediately ran down to the locker room where a lengthy discussion was held, so long that Zion didn't even return to the bench despite such a minor injury.

I'm convinced that his family pushed for him to sit the rest of the year to protect draft status and eventually a compromise was reached where Zion would sit the rest of the regular season and then return for the post season.

I've never seen someone suffer a knee sprain that is so severe it requires the player to miss several weeks and yet that player was able to ambulate on his own with only a very slight limp. Compare to Marvin Bagley who suffered the same grade 1 knee sprain that had him out 1-2 weeks. Bagley was in such pain he had to be carried off the court. THAT is the normal reaction of someone suffering a knee sprain that is severe enough to warrant several weeks off.

I think you meant to post that here:

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/j...-kyrie-irving-thinks-the-world-is-flat.869743/

tin foil hat it all you want, my logic is sound and makes total sense.

Especially loved all the nonsense last weekend about how Zion hasn't missed a beat since his injury, doesn't look like he was injured at all. I was rolling my eyes. Simple explanation is usually the correct one.

You guys probably also believe that Markelle Fultz really has thoracic outlet syndrome as opposed to simply being a crazy basket case.

tin foil hat it all you want, my logic is sound and makes total sense.

Especially loved all the nonsense last weekend about how Zion hasn't missed a beat since his injury, doesn't look like he was injured at all. I was rolling my eyes. Simple explanation is usually the correct one.

You guys probably also believe that Markelle Fultz really has thoracic outlet syndrome as opposed to simply being a crazy basket case.
So if his shoe never blows out, does he still sit out 6 games? Did he sabotage his shoe to stage an injury to justify sitting out 6 games?

Did his shoe every, really blow out?
giphy.gif

So if his shoe never blows out, does he still sit out 6 games? Did he sabotage his shoe to stage an injury to justify sitting out 6 games?

Did his shoe every, really blow out?
giphy.gif

Obviously not. This isn't really that complicated. I already acknowledged that he dinged up his knee slightly. I believe that scared his family. As a result a long discussion was held and a compromise was reached. Duke was already guaranteed a 1 or 2 seed so it wasn't going to hurt the team if he sat out.

You can try and disparage this theory with nonsense and gifs all you want, but that won't change the fact that my theory makes total sense.

Yes, that's 100% what I believe
This is 1 reason why this board is a diamond. I don't believe that 1 iota.
What I do believe is that K was confident whenever Zion came back Duke would casually stroll the the ACC tournament He was right

Obviously not. This isn't really that complicated. I already acknowledged that he dinged up his knee slightly. I believe that scared his family. As a result a long discussion was held and a compromise was reached. Duke was already guaranteed a 1 or 2 seed so it wasn't going to hurt the team if he sat out.

You can try and disparage this theory with nonsense and gifs all you want, but that won't change the fact that my theory makes total sense.
If we're being honest, I am responding to serious nonsense with sarcastic nonsense.

Reactions: sgrooms
So let's recap:

One of the most physically imposing specimens in college basketball history got off the court a little too easy for you, so you assumed (a) he wasn't that hurt, (b) but his family got really scared anyway, (c) they held a long discussion, (d) they reached a compromise that he would still sit out a few weeks.

So let's recap:

One of the most physically imposing specimens in college basketball history got off the court a little too easy for you, so you assumed (a) he wasn't that hurt, (b) but his family got really scared anyway, (c) they held a long discussion, (d) they reached a compromise that he would still sit out a few weeks.

Only thing I would change is for (b) I would add that lots of members of the national media also got scared and were advising Zion to sit out the entire season including the tournament. I would also change (d) slightly to clarify that the decision was not necessarily made in the locker room while the game was going on, but that the discussion started then and probably continued for a week or so before the compromise was reached.

This is 1 reason why this board is a diamond. I don't believe that 1 iota.
What I do believe is that K was confident whenever Zion came back Duke would casually stroll the the ACC tournament He was right

Why wouldn't he be confident? Zion was most likely 100% within a day or two of the injury.

Why wouldn't he be confident? Zion was most likely 100% within a day or two of the injury.
Most likely according to you. I believe Zion when he said that he could have been back a couple of games earlier. That would have been 13 days instead of 22 days. days. The recovery time is typically 10-14 days for most people. Not too ridiculous to believe that the team (not Zion) would take extra precautions for a dude that is 285 pounds and hold him out for an extra two games just to be on the safe side. There is nothing about Zion Williamson that leads me to believe that he was considering sitting out, or compromised with anyone about when and how long he would sit out. Just a weird take.

Most likely according to you. I believe Zion when he said that he could have been back a couple of games earlier. That would have been 13 days instead of 22 days. days. The recovery time is typically 10-14 days for most people. Not too ridiculous to believe that the team (not Zion) would take extra precautions for a dude that is 285 pounds and hold him out for an extra two games just to be on the safe side. There is nothing about Zion Williamson that leads me to believe that he was considering sitting out, or compromised with anyone about when and how long he would sit out. Just a weird take.

yes, the recovery time is usually 10-14 for those who suffer a grade 1 knee sprain. Case in point, Marvin Bagley. Exact same dx as Zion, yet one had to be carried off the court (the usual reaction to a serious knee sprain) and the other looked like he could've come back and played the same game.

You don't know Zion personally so the second half of your post is your own "according to you" moment.

You don't know Zion personally so the second half of your post is your own "according to you" moment.

Nothing I said suggested that I knew Zion. I said nothing about him leads me to believe he would sit out. That is an observation based on his words and his interactions with his teammates.

Everything you have said is based off of observations inside your own head with no credible reason to believe what you are suggesting. This is your, we never landed on the Moon moment.

Reactions: sgrooms
Nothing I said suggested that I knew Zion. I said nothing about him leads me to believe he would sit out. That is an observation based on his words and his interactions with his teammates.

Everything you have said is based off of observations inside your own head with no credible reason to believe what you are suggesting. This is your, we never landed on the Moon moment.

and for me, nothing about this situation leads me to believe he suffered a real injury that required him to miss time.

Zion's attitude/love of the game might be the only reason he is even playing now. That might've been the compromise.

and for me, nothing about this situation leads me to believe he suffered a real injury that required him to miss time.

Zion's attitude/love of the game might be the only reason he is even playing now. That might've been the compromise.
Do you think we got Osama Bin Laden?

I'm fully on board with this. Play out your last game with pride and fulfill your responsibility to Indiana.
If it was anybody but IU I would agree. Their fans are classless. At least most of them.

Langford is one of the more overrated players I can remember in recent years. It’s amazing to me that he’s considered a lottery pick. IU is better off playing someone who will be back next year anyway

Langford is one of the more overrated players I can remember in recent years. It’s amazing to me that he’s considered a lottery pick. IU is better off playing someone who will be back next year anyway

It would help if the coaches put him in a position to do good. He never was inserted into the system correctly.

I also liked the take that he shouldn't be able to travel with the team or go to school, yeah that would really put him off having to start his personal pre draft boot camps and getting his signing bonus fronted, Like Romeo has set foot in a classroom since first semester lol .
Romeo was an Honor Student at New Albany. Had he not gotten a basketball scholly, he was eligible for A Presidential Scholar. He was a 4-time Academic Honors student for the HHC; and New Albany.

Trust me .....he's been to class.

Why? No help. Played with a bum wrist all year. Offensive scheme wasn't any help,. either. Still averaged 17ppg.

ADVERTISEMENT