ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Auburn

Did UK defend the 3 point line well or did A&M just miss shots?

How did Duke transfer Henry Coleman look last night? We could’ve really used him this year but don’t blame him for seeking more playing time elsewhere.
They couldn't buy a bucket in the second half. Missed a lot of wide open shots./bunnies.

I will be pulling for UK in this game. I actually like some of the UK fans on the board and I have not seen one Auburn fan that isn't an arrogant prick. Yeah, I had to clear this decision with HQ and there was a mountain of paperwork, but I finally got the OK.

Did UK defend the 3 point line well or did A&M just miss shots?

How did Duke transfer Henry Coleman look last night? We could’ve really used him this year but don’t blame him for seeking more playing time elsewhere.
As already said---a bit of both. A&M got some good looks, but mostly in transition. Not so much in the HC....

Coleman looked really good at times. And as also said, felt he outplayed Oscar.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I will be pulling for UK in this game. I actually like some of the UK fans on the board and I have not seen one Auburn fan that isn't an arrogant prick. Yeah, I had to clear this decision with HQ and there was a mountain of paperwork, but I finally got the OK.
I’m not an arrogant prick but I don’t post here that much. I never thought Auburn would ever be relevant again in basketball before BRUCE so I’m enjoying the ride. My family is from Kentucky and I was a fan growing up when Pitino was there so I always respect their fans. However, if Georgia was a blueblood in basketball, I would be acting a fool up in here.

I’m not an arrogant prick but I don’t post here that much. I never thought Auburn would ever be relevant again in basketball before BRUCE so I’m enjoying the ride. My family is from Kentucky and I was a fan growing up when Pitino was there so I always respect their fans. However, if Georgia was a blueblood in basketball, I would be acting a fool up in here.
Well obviously I haven't had the pleasure of your acquaintance then. Welcome to the board decent Auburn fan.

LOL. The majority of your fanbase would love pearl back
Pearl is a good coach and you have never heard me say otherwise. However, UT admin. won't tolerate liars, so he had to go. Pearl hung around Knoxville hoping they would let him come back. But, in the end he had to settle for Auburn.

Last edited:
I have not seen one Auburn fan that isn't an arrogant prick.
FB32a8pXMAEwyfl.jpg

Don't be bitter Della. He still wants to be friends with you.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I think auburn probably wins a close one.

The computer ratings have kentucky a bit higher than auburn right now but barely. so home court advantage will probably be the spread.

so yeah -3 is about right.

@IUfanBorden - here's another one for you.

The cyclinder rule that a defensive player must allow for the offensive player. Pearl played a similar defense to LSU and not as drastic as TAMU but abandoned it due to that rule. Does LSU and TAMU get away with it? I don't think I've seen a ref call it.
Cylinder rule is a very misunderstood rule---Its only an issue when a Player is trying to a basketball play, i.e. dribble, pass/shot...And is mostly garnered more towards the secondary defender that comes in...Rarely do you see that call made on a primary defender. Pearl didn't abandon it due to the rule, he did so b/c it didn't work. ALSO, the cylinder rule doesn't apply(as much) when an offensive player is making, or has already made an offensive move. Its more geared to a statinary player, with the ball, with a defender not allowing him room(to make an offensive play).

You have have probably seen it called, just didn't know the mechanic used for it.

Cylinder rule is a very misunderstood rule---Its only an issue when a Player is trying to a basketball play, i.e. dribble, pass/shot...And is mostly garnered more towards the secondary defender that comes in...Rarely do you see that call made on a primary defender. Pearl didn't abandon it due to the rule, he did so b/c it didn't work. ALSO, the cylinder rule doesn't apply(as much) when an offensive player is making, or has already made an offensive move. Its more geared to a statinary player, with the ball, with a defender not allowing him room(to make an offensive play).

You have have probably seen it called, just didn't know the mechanic used for it.
If the offensive player hasn't dribbled yet and dude is all up in his business. If he goes to make a basketball play. ie dribble, and defense doesn't touch him,,, can the defensive guy still be charge with the foul? No contact made.

If the offensive player hasn't dribbled yet and dude is all up in his business. If he goes to make a basketball play. ie dribble, and defense doesn't touch him,,, can the defensive guy still be charge with the foul? No contact made.
No.

Here is the wording:

“If the defensive player invades that cylinder, if there's any contact other than the offensive player clearing out space, then the foul's going to be on the defender.”

Last edited:

Thanks... But Pearl did say that about abandoning it.

@IUfanBorden I know you've watched the games. Is Oscar getting away with over the back and hooking with elbows?

Some of the stuff he does, as a UK fan I appreciate and call it hard work. If I was an oppose fan I'm be a little confused by the rules. How does he just outwork and manhandle everyone?

Also it's bs that players on student visa's can't collect on NIL deals. Big O Tires in Louisville would be a great sponsor.

@IUfanBorden I know you've watched the games. Is Oscar getting away with over the back and hooking with elbows?

Some of the stuff he does, as a UK fan I appreciate and call it hard work. If I was an oppose fan I'm be a little confused by the rules. How does he just outwork and manhandle everyone?
"over the back", i.e known as a push actually----Yes, he does at times. If you create contact, and THENH reach over/through a defender, that is technically "over the back". I thought he got aweay with it a feew times vs TN.

He gets away with hooking with is elboows the same amount as 99% of any other CBB player. Folk who whine about that, are just bitches...THeir players do it too.

"over the back", i.e known as a push actually----Yes, he does at times. If you create contact, and THENH reach over/through a defender, that is technically "over the back". I thought he got aweay with it a feew times vs TN.

He gets away with hooking with is elboows the same amount as 99% of any other CBB player. Folk who whine about that, are just bitches...THeir players do it too.
Game on then.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I've already posted a thread devoted to it, but I"m shocked how much the refs took a back seat this year. I hope it stays consistent. Don't be huge didoes and change it up.

Reactions: RipThru

I'm with you eliminate it. Oscar bodies up a lot. When you're that close and pivot either way, depending on where the holding the ball, a chicken wing is almost inevitable. I don't see much of those called. Its just part of the natural rotation. When you hook with the elbow first, its probably going to get called.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
“The mindset for us right now is we go to war. We go to war. It’s not going to be easy. We just need to go out there and fight. Just like people go out and fight for their countries. They’re not going to just go out there and play around; they’re going to go out there willing to die. We are willing to die just to bring a win on Saturday. It’s going to be a great game for us. Like you said, everybody just wants to hunt us, but this one, there’s no hunting. This one is a fight. It’s against another team that’s really good. It’s not against somebody else for us, it’s against ourselves. We battle against ourselves then nobody can really beat us.”- Oscar.

“The mindset for us right now is we go to war. We go to war. It’s not going to be easy. We just need to go out there and fight. Just like people go out and fight for their countries. They’re not going to just go out there and play around; they’re going to go out there willing to die. We are willing to die just to bring a win on Saturday. It’s going to be a great game for us. Like you said, everybody just wants to hunt us, but this one, there’s no hunting. This one is a fight. It’s against another team that’s really good. It’s not against somebody else for us, it’s against ourselves. We battle against ourselves then nobody can really beat us.”- Oscar.
I read this a few times and I am still lost. Kessler about to go in dry tomorrow

no-points-idiotic.gif

Reactions: AuHoosier420
^^^Pre 2016....neither is Auburn. Looks like others here like to use pie chart arguments too.
Present day is all that matters and Kentucky has a coach that just relies on talent. Not much more. Auburn has a coach that is able to get more out the talent.

Reactions: wesr
ADVERTISEMENT