ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas state fans

That game was tough to watch. Props to K-State. Crazy to think K-State or Loyola will be in the FF. The loss doesn't sting too bad since I didn't expect more than S16 for UK anyway. FF would have been cool, but let's be real.... they weren't gonna win it all anyway. In the grand scheme of things the champ is all that matters.

That game was tough to watch. Props to K-State. Crazy to think K-State or Loyola will be in the FF. The loss doesn't sting too bad since I didn't expect more than S16 for UK anyway. FF would have been cool, but let's be real.... they weren't gonna win it all anyway. In the grand scheme of things the champ is all that matters.
I didn't feel like this team had a lot of on court chemistry. Tons of talent on paper, especially down low---but it just didn't produce like you would have expected. I was surprised they made it to the sweet 16, but they did go on a little hot streak for a handful of games. I still think they could have made the F4 based on the mess of a bracket they were in. They could have really stolen one based on the opponents put in front of them.

I disagree that you wouldn't have had a shot to win it all. If you would have gotten past KSU, you would have been favored big against Loyola. And in the Final Four you would have been looking at a 50/50 game at worst. So the title game was very feasible. Once you get to the title game anything is possible. And although you would have been the underdog against KU, DUKE, or Villanova, you would have had a legit shot against any of those teams. And if somebody else would have made it through murderer's row that is the other side of the bracket, you would have again had a legit shot to win it.

KSU won AGAIN without Dean Wade. He gave it a go but it looked more like a motivational ploy than anything else. Not sure he plays much against Loyola. Frankly, KSU shouldn’t need him to win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT