ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Scheyer…

Look, I get it. You started this thread thinking that your football school snagged a recruit from Duke and right when you got your lotion and tissue ready and sat down at your mom's laptop, he shit on your chest and committed to a top basketball program. Now you're flopping around in a puddle your own diarrhea trying your hardest to stay ahead of the shit talking. Changing the subject isn't going to work for you. 30,000 posts and not a single one makes you seem any smarter than a bucket of nails.
Huh? What are you talking about? This thread is about duke. Not sure what you are trying to spin it to. I haven’t changed anything

And Zion went to Duke for free, Jabari, however got a boat load to attend that shit hole in Auburn Alabama.

How do you know these things, big guy?

Rhetorical question, of course. We all know you don’t know shit. 😆

Look, I get it. You started this thread thinking that your football school snagged a recruit from Duke and right when you got your lotion and tissue ready and sat down at your mom's laptop, he shit on your chest and committed to a top basketball program. Now you're flopping around in a puddle your own diarrhea trying your hardest to stay ahead of the shit talking. Changing the subject isn't going to work for you. 30,000 posts and not a single one makes you seem any smarter than a bucket of nails.
Now this made me laugh. And laugh really hard.

IDK, I think duke is hoping Jon follows the same path as K and they could be right. JS appears to be a good student of the game, he's connected and he seems to have the right personality for the job.
It is pretty odd that they gave him the keys to the porsche with his lack of experience, but he obviously got K's blessing, so that should be good enough for now, let's see how he does.

IDK, I think duke is hoping Jon follows the same path as K and they could be right. JS appears to be a good student of the game, he's connected and he seems to have the right personality for the job.
It is pretty odd that they gave him the keys to the porsche with his lack of experience, but he obviously got K's blessing, so that should be good enough for now, let's see how he does.
From what I have heard everyone is thrilled with Jon. Program and school.

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Get the fvck out of here with this reason and logic. Time will tell if it ends up being the right call. I was pretty impressed with how he took a team that looked like a group of soccer players and turned them into a competitive basketball team. Wasn't a great outcome in the end, but had a good turnaround.

Get the fvck out of here with this reason and logic. Time will tell if it ends up being the right call. I was pretty impressed with how he took a team that looked like a group of soccer players and turned them into a competitive basketball team. Wasn't a great outcome in the end, but had a good turnaround.
Yeah, I didn't think he would do as well as he did. I think he will be a great coach with through more experience.

Been a fan of Scheyer longer than anyone here. He's from the town next to mine and I followed his run to state championship at Glenbrook North HS (same school as Chris Collins) back in the day.

Duke is the best job in the country. It’s a job that proven head coaches should be getting. Sheyers only only job in his career in coaching was an assistant at duke under k. What he has he done on his own to show he is qualified?

Huh? Anti semite? Bruce pearl is also Jewish you dumbfvxk.
It's really very simple... K hired him. Not the AD or a search committee...K did. That is his qualification. I'll be curious to see how the next 5 years look.

It's really very simple... K hired him. Not the AD or a search committee...K did. That is his qualification. I'll be curious to see how the next 5 years look.

Imo K had earned the right to hand pick his successor. If he wanted Scheyer that’s who the administration should have gone with and they did. If he fails they can move on. I think Scheyer is a good coach though. Probably won’t have Coach K level success but he’ll be damn good.

Trend this is the direction the industry went. AZ Mich IU Louisville UNC Duke CUSE NOVA TX similar. UK MICH ST and KU who knows when its their turn.

Imo K had earned the right to hand pick his successor. If he wanted Scheyer that’s who the administration should have gone with and they did. If he fails they can move on. I think Scheyer is a good coach though. Probably won’t have Coach K level success but he’ll be damn good.
Yep

The President is just the puppet. The AD and boosters pull the strings. In K's case, he pulls a lot of strings himself since he built the program into what it is and generates a shit ton of revenue for them.
Ah yes. Allowing a coach to become bigger than the school. What could go wrong? Just ask Penn st.?

Ah yes. Allowing a coach to become bigger than the school. What could go wrong? Just ask Penn st.?
471943-robtornoeBB9C01FD-C2C7-BD1B-C1F0-B66104BEB500.jpg

A lot of the more seasoned coaches weren't crazy about the NIL madness. If memory serves me correctly, Scheyer was named as K's successor in June of 2021 and the NIL was officially introduced to the NCAA in July of 2021. He had a whole year to begin his preparations as the next Duke coach - and to get an understanding of the inner workings of NIL.

It's much easier for him to adapt to this as he came into NIL the same time he began his head coaching duties. What's one of the first things he does as head coach? Hires Rachel Baker, who had years of experience with Nike and EYBL, to be the General Manager over the players in leveraging NIL opportunities. Dude is WAY ahead of the curve on this.

Reactions: tw3301
A lot of the more seasoned coaches weren't crazy about the NIL madness. If memory serves me correctly, Scheyer was named as K's successor in June of 2021 and the NIL was officially introduced to the NCAA in July of 2021. He had a whole year to begin his preparations as the next Duke coach - and to get an understanding of the inner workings of NIL.

It's much easier for him to adapt to this as he came into NIL the same time he began his head coaching duties. What's one of the first things he does as head coach? Hires Rachel Baker, who had years of experience with Nike and EYBL, to be the General Manager over the players in leveraging NIL opportunities. Dude is WAY ahead of the curve on this.

FUqOtF4WIAI3z4L

Yep. I see your point. Strong odds Rachel brokered that Zion deal to duke as well.

FUqOtF4WIAI3z4L

Who better to lead Duke's NIL fundraising efforts, right? She knows what she's doing.

Duke is in a good place.

Talent acquiring is just one part. In game coaching is another and Scheyer hasn’t proved much there yet.

ACC Tournament Champs and 19-1 this season with a full cast. Only loss with a full roster was the UVA road game where there was a questionable no-call at the end of the game.

ACC Tournament Champs and 19-1 this season with a full cast. Only loss with a full roster was the UVA road game where there was a questionable no-call at the end of the game.
And then lost to a seriously offensive flawed Tennessee team

And then lost to a seriously offensive flawed Tennessee team

Sure. But, we were missing a starter.

At any rate, I feel good about Scheyer. Good recruiter. Good coach. I said multiple times before K's successor was named the only guys connected to Duke that I'd be interested in were Scheyer and Quin Snyder. If he misses the tournament, the tide might change. But, as of right now, the Duke camp is overwhelmingly pleased with Scheyer.

Sure. But, we were missing a starter.

At any rate, I feel good about Scheyer. Good recruiter. Good coach. I said multiple times before K's successor was named the only guys connected to Duke that I'd be interested in were Scheyer and Quin Snyder. If he misses the tournament, the tide might change. But, as of right now, the Duke camp is overwhelmingly pleased with Scheyer.
Duke should have been talking To jay wright. Mark few, or Brad Stevens

I do think this conference realignment thing will be something to watch. Think duke has a spot in sec or big ten?

I do think this conference realignment thing will be something to watch. Think duke has a spot in sec or big ten?
WTF? Those are all white guys.

I am sure Duke was concerned about the opinion of Auburn football fans when they considered who was going to replace K.

Yes, but I don't say that every year.

Doubt it. Football isn't good enough. If the ACC folds, I'd wager that we end up in the Big 12.
I wonder if we get to a point where schools like duke, Stanford, northwestern, Vanderbilt, etc. form something. Or why not the big east if the focus is basketball?

Yep. I see your point. Strong odds Rachel brokered that Zion deal to duke as well.
You know what they say about assumptions. Good for you, just keep throwing shit against the wall and watch it fall to the ground.

So, tell us why this is the first time you mentioned Rachel during all your hate filled Duke posts.

Dont forget, you svck Pearls dick every day and he is definitely not a saint.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan

Jay Wright was retiring. Few was at Gonzaga 5,000 miles away and Stevens is running the Celtics.

BTW, how do you know they didnt and they told them no thanks.

Dude, you are trying so hard and you just keeping making yourself look dumber.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT