ADVERTISEMENT

Jhmossy

I won’t if I am waiting on UVA to ever actually do something other than dunk on Syracuse up 20

I think they were pissed about the Brissett play and took it out on them in the second half.

I won’t if I am waiting on UVA to ever actually do something other than dunk on Syracuse up 20

If any of the UVA players did anything over the top, I assure you Tony would address it. He preaches humility and every player on the roster is aware that. If they do anything classless they will be called out for it.

As a UVA fan I wouldn't want our players to be too "cocky", but I definitely want them to play with confidence and with an edge that borders on cocky. We are all aware that we haven't proved anything on the national level, but that doesn't mean that we can't have as much confidence as any other team in the country.

Basketball has trended toward the 3 point shot. How is a defense like the 2-3 zone who gives up 3s on every possession ever going to win a national championship in todays game?

Basketball has trended toward the 3 point shot. How is a defense like the 2-3 zone who gives up 3s on every possession ever going to win a national championship in todays game?

Cuse has made deep tourney runs recently with some of the least talented teams they've ever had (not hyperbole). The reason for those runs is the 2-3 zone, because the offense was horrendous. Kenpom wrote an article years ago that said the only defensive scheme shown to consistently limit 3 point percentages was Syracuse's zone.

The problem is talent. After the NCAA body slammed Syracuse because Fab Melo couldn't read his third language all that well, Syracuse went from reeling in top 10 classes to plugging in grad transfers and hoping for the best. If/when Cuse gets back to landing 6'9" guys with 40 inch verticals who can actually dribble a basketball, the zone will dominate again. Maybe they'll score once in a while too.

Last edited:
I’m jhmossy #3

111517-Style-Nicki-Minaj-Paper-Magazine-3.jpg

After last night's performance, Virginia is now the highest rated team in KenPom history. I don't care who's in Virginia's bracket, I'm picking them in the Final Four.

First half you guys looked solid. Then Kyle and Deandre went off.

We looked solid in the first half against Duke and UNC too. Our offense is just too easy to stop after defensive tweaks. Our defense isn't as gameplan-proof as usual either. For being a program built on long athletes, our guys aren't particularly long or athletic. The wings can't guard the corners and the paint like they need to, so they pick one. That leads to murder

Reactions: kelley2403
ADVERTISEMENT