ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie Dixon’s exit from Pitt

RockThrillCock

Aug 9, 2005
SC
Team
South Carolina
Has there ever been a coach whose team goes to hell so bad as Pitt? He was a top 8 coach at the time

I have always liked his teams. Pitt has definitely been terrible since .

He even had the dark slicked back hair like Calipari and Greg Marshall. The kids want to play for someone that takes after Pat Riley

His pitt teams were always so tough in the big east. They were my fave conf team outside of UL in the beast. Just a bunch of lunchpail guys who played/worked hard. Krauser, fields, sam young, dejuan blair, artis, etc etc

Never made a huge tourney run, but for a while there they were as tough as any program in the nation.

Reactions: cdbearde
I don’t miss the rock fights with Pitt. Awful offensive teams but they sure could rebound. The ‘throw the ball at the rim with your eyes closed and then go get it’ offense was surprisingly successful.

His pitt teams were always so tough in the big east. They were my fave conf team outside of UL in the beast. Just a bunch of lunchpail guys who played/worked hard. Krauser, fields, sam young, dejuan blair, artis, etc etc

Never made a huge tourney run, but for a while there they were as tough as any program in the nation.
Blair was a monster on the boards

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Pitt under Dixon reminds me of UVA under Bennett. Beat you with toughness and defense and it's always a rock fight. They were consistently at the top of their conference. Just couldn't get it done in the postseason. Pitt thought they deserved more, let him go, and now they are a doormat. Difference is UVA continued to trust in Bennett and it ultimately paid off. I'm glad our administration didn't give up on Bennett because of some pretty epic postseason failures.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Pitt under Dixon reminds me of UVA under Bennett. Beat you with toughness and defense and it's always a rock fight. They were consistently at the top of their conference. Just couldn't get it done in the postseason. Pitt thought they deserved more, let him go, and now they are a doormat. Difference is UVA continued to trust in Bennett and it ultimately paid off. I'm glad our administration didn't give up on Bennett because of some pretty epic postseason failures.
Hiring Kevin stallings to replace Dixon was a mind boggling dumb decision as well.

Reactions: jhmossy
ADVERTISEMENT