ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Suggs Confirms he is coming to Gonzaga in IG Post

Original_Irish

Apr 27, 2010
On some good/normal basketball news, the #2 Point Guard and #9 overall recruit Jalen Suggs just confirmed on his IG that he will be coming to Gonzaga next year. He has been committed but was also leaving the door open to play overseas. I would have to guess that the coronavirus has made that option less desirable.

Suggs will be the highest recruit in Gonzaga history and will make them at least preseason top 3 next year. This year's Zags team played very well but most realistic fans knew that this was not their best team. Next year's 2 deep could comprise entirely of top 100 recruits.

On some good/normal basketball news, the #2 Point Guard and #9 overall recruit Jalen Suggs just confirmed on his IG that he will be coming to Gonzaga next year. He has been committed but was also leaving the door open to play overseas. I would have to guess that the coronavirus has made that option less desirable.

Suggs will be the highest recruit in Gonzaga history and will make them at least preseason top 3 next year. This year's Zags team played very well but most realistic fans knew that this was not their best team. Next year's 2 deep could comprise entirely of top 100 recruits.

Who does Gonzaga lose from this year

Who does Gonzaga lose from this year
They will probably lose Petrusev. Gonzaga fans are split on whether they like him or not though. He has great numbers, but I think he's soft and probably the worst Gonzaga center in a while. But he is going to be a 3rd team All American so he definitely is good. A lot of fans believe that Oumar Ballo will be much better. He is way more athletic and tough.

They also lose their starting Point guard and backup shooting guard. That should be it though.

They will probably lose Petrusev. Gonzaga fans are split on whether they like him or not though. He has great numbers, but I think he's soft and probably the worst Gonzaga center in a while. But he is going to be a 3rd team All American so he definitely is good. A lot of fans believe that Oumar Ballo will be much better. He is way more athletic and tough.

They also lose their starting Point guard and backup shooting guard. That should be it though.

Tillie is gone to right?

Gonzaga is going to be a force next year. Would be very surprised if they don't start the season #1. Probable starting lineup.

Jalen Suggs
Joel Ayayi
Corey Kispert
Anton Watson
Drew Timme/Oumar Ballo

Strawther, Harris, and Zakharov (So) are all 4-star recruits that should be in the mix for significant playing time.

Wonder how much they paid him....

Gonzaga will be good, but I don't see preseason #1. Suggs is the #9 recruit and they are losing Gilder and Tillie.
Someone earlier said Petrusev is leaving, but he's a sophomore, so maybe that's not correct.
Either way, they might be top 10, but one top 10 recruit isn't going to offset losing Tillie and Admon Gilder.

It's amazing that top talent in the country goes to Gonzaga to play in 3-4 tough games a year and then a bunch of pasties. Toughest in conference competition is a bunch of 30 year old white mormons...

FYI, I do like Gonzaga and I love Spokane.

ADVERTISEMENT