ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Hubert Davis - FML

Ticket2ride06

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2009
EsteemedMiserableGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

Have to give the man a chance. He worked with Roy for nearly 10 years and played under Dean.
I’m sure he learned a thing or three.

Also, if he fails I think we know who is next in line, Wes. Seems this job is staying in the family one way or the other.

Maybe it'll be like Juwan Howard for Michigan. Wouldn't bet on it though.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
“Staying in the family” is literally the dumbest shit ever. Hubert Davis would/should be a candidate at very few places, much less Carolina. Literally no other blue blood would consider him.

It’s not dumb if you have that option to choose from.

What is the main takeaway? Does he talk about his coaching career a lot or is it more of an inspirational book?

I’ll let you know. Honestly, I don’t hate Doherty. I don’t think he was a terrible coach and he had some good wins in his time there. I think his main issues were had a huge temper and he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (including players).

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I’ll let you know. Honestly, I don’t hate Doherty. I don’t think he was a terrible coach and he had some good wins in his time there. I think his main issues were had a huge temper and he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way (including players).
It's probably a good thing he wasn't more successful. May have had another maniac like Bobby Knight.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
The hire that makes both UNC fans and their rivals happy, how funny this can be. RollLaugh

But think for a second, Hubert Davis may actually have a somewhat successful career in UNC. Considering the 05 and 09 titles will be vacated soon and he will have to bring the program back up from ash after all the penalties from NCAA, he will be given enough time and patience compared to the likes of Archie Miller. He can afford to experiment, fail and learn from mistakes for his first few seasons, and UNC will keep him at least in foreseeable future.

The hire that makes both UNC fans and their rivals happy, how funny this can be. RollLaugh

But think for a second, Hubert Davis may actually have a somewhat successful career in UNC. Considering the 05 and 09 titles will be vacated soon and he will have to bring the program back up from ash after all the penalties from NCAA, he will be given enough time and patience compared to the likes of Archie Miller. He can afford to experiment, fail and learn from mistakes for his first few seasons, and UNC will keep him at least in foreseeable future.
Why would the titles be vacated?

The College basketball world WOKE this morning to the news of North Carolina new Head Coach Herbert Davis. Herbert is extremely qualified and "the right man for the job" said some UNC fans. Others argued "we hired Hubert Davis you morons"

In seriousness, I think a lot of us are judging based on his meek personality from the gameday days. He did play for Dean Smith Roy, spent 12 years in the NBA coached by the Van Gundy's , Larry Brown, Pat riley. 9 Years under roy as an assistant. The man has the knowledge. It comes down to assistants, recruiting and style of play.

ADVERTISEMENT